IGNORED

What Are People Expectations Next Season

MC RISK77

We'll most likely have a bad start due to adjusting/new players and so on at which point the majority of our fans will blame SOD and he'll be forced out, then we'll appoint a new manager who has no League One experience and by the end of the season we'll be blaming everything under the sun but ourselves having forced out SOD.... or at least that's the most likely scenario.

We'll most likely have a bad start due to adjusting/new players and so on at which point the majority of our fans will blame SOD and he'll be forced out, then we'll appoint a new manager who has no League One experience and by the end of the season we'll be blaming everything under the sun but ourselves having forced out SOD.... or at least that's the most likely scenario.

Horribly likely :(

sorry, disagree - the fans have been patient since GJ lost the plot around 4 years ago. the time for patience is over. an immediate return to the championship, with a reduced wage bill and a young squad, is not a goal but a crystal clear requirement.

You are aware we're onto our fifth manager in just over three years? We have to give someone a chance eventually.

How many "crystal clear requirements" are actually met? If you go straight back up will you not then be in the same position as this year ie a lower level Championship side? The reason teams like Doncaster can go straight back up is because it is far easier in the North to get good players to play at League 1 level. There are a lot of Northern teams close together distance wise and in this day and age where it is not sensible to throw 3 year contracts at players (as we have proved) it is difficult to get somebody to move when they can have a similar level of football close by.

Yes you may be one of the "big clubs" in League 1 but you will be A LEAGUE 1 club. The better League 1 and League 2 players will either want to go to a Championship club or go to another fairly local club. Like us in Division 2 the "big club in that division" will be held back by FPP as this rule only really benefits the smaller clubs.and is aimed to stop you being 41m in debt even though it is to Steve Lansdown.

I think you are in for a culture shock as the Lower divisions are a different proposition completely to when you were last there.

You are aware we're onto our fifth manager in just over three years? We have to give someone a chance eventually.

i'm not suggesting for a second we shouldn't give o'driscoll time and understanding - you don't need to be 1st in september to be promoted in may, but the fact remains that a club with our resources simply has to be promoted from league one next year. SL will back o'driscoll, as he has backed everyone else regardless of some of the tripe you read, we have an entire u21 squad of players waiting to come into the team (if they're not good enough, why sign them in the first place?) and the sales of around half the team should free some wages for players. with swindon, yeovil, cheltenham etc in the area i don't think it's going to be impossible to get L1 standard players with potential from local-ish clubs

For next season I expect the delight at seeing our overpaid and underperforming players leave in the summer to be replaced by a good deal of moaning when fans see the players coming on to replace them.

I also expect to see the key board warriors getting to work if we are not top of the table after the first month and if we are not turning over teams every week, because we are the mighty Bristol City and are a big club in league 1.

If things don't go so well, I will also look out for the first post(s) suggesting that Steve L is a billionnaire , so why doesn't he spend some of his money and buy our way out of the 5h1t hole that is league 1. I also look out for the deluge of posts that will surely follow asking if the original poster doesn't realise that ffp means that Steve L can't just spend what he wants and how he wants to.

I also expect that there will be loads of fans wanting to give SOD time to sort out the playing side and suggesting that we should be patient if it doesn't click into place immediately. I confidently expect that all those posts will be quickly followed by a deluge of replies suggesting that they are happy clappers, that is is all the fault of the SOD's encounter with a fan at the service station after the Burnley game and that the club should have got rid of him then, when they had the chance. They will probably also suggest that the happy clappers should look at the board and SL as it is all their fault , as many of those posters have been telling us for years.

I also confidently expect that at some point or another a thread will manage to morph into a Gary Johnson thread, especially if he takes Yeovil into the championship and does well. If Yeovil stay in league 1, then I also confidently predict that threads will morph into Gary Johnson threads if Yeovil are doing better than us, or if they are doing worse than us, or if they beat us, or if we beat them.

I expect there is a strong possibility that if things don't go so well, that someone wil suggest that Warnock might be the person we need. I expect this to be followed by a visit from men in white coats for that poster.

My real expectation is that league 1 will be just what we remember from the last time around. Ffp means that SL's money wil be even less a factor than it has been in the championship, and certainly the last time we were in lerague 1, so the players we can afford to bring in will be lower calibre than what we have become used to in recent seasons ( even as I type this, I cant beileve that is possible in some cases!) and that that we could well see an almost brand new team that will need time to bed in.

We will be regarded as a big club in league 1 so that teams will raise their game against us, making it even tougher. On top of this, I expect that for many City fans expectations will remain unrealistically high, while their patience will remain unrealistically short.

a) who might we keep and who will/should go..........KEEP; Adomah, Baldock, Davies, Anderson, Skuse, Kelly, Cunningham, Heaton. GO; Pearson, Fontaine, Some others.

b) Budgets..........Buy a decent defender and a tactical midfielder.

c) challenges in adapting to that level........... what?

d) strongest teams........idk

e) will the manager stay..............YES.

Hi guys hope everyone is having a decent wkd despite our plight...

I have just been looking at league 1, and if you take out all the teams involved in the play offs and those in relgation zone for now, it does look like a very ordinary league that i believe we would easily be the biggest club in, so my question is what are peoples opinions of what next season might look like, specifically

a) who might we keep and who will/should go

b) Budgets

c) challenges in adapting to that level

d) strongest teams

e) will tha manager stay

I know its early in the day but looking at that league if we kept the vast majority of our squad then surely we should be around the playoffs.

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts

I would like a business plan for what kind of football we are supposed to play. Independent of who is manager. I wan't a great (just not very good) head of recruitment with documented skill in signing pedigree appointed having the last word on signing players. I wan't 9/10 of the current squad out by May.

I'm not sure if this makes me an optimist or a pessimist in relation to everyone else, and it is of course almost impossible to confidently predict anything at this stage, but I would place us somewhere between 7th and 12th.

An early season struggle as our hugely revamped squad get to know each other and we adapt to the challenges of a new level, followed by a good run and rise up the league in the second half of the season.

How many "crystal clear requirements" are actually met? If you go straight back up will you not then be in the same position as this year ie a lower level Championship side? The reason teams like Doncaster can go straight back up is because it is far easier in the North to get good players to play at League 1 level. There are a lot of Northern teams close together distance wise and in this day and age where it is not sensible to throw 3 year contracts at players (as we have proved) it is difficult to get somebody to move when they can have a similar level of football close by.

Yes you may be one of the "big clubs" in League 1 but you will be A LEAGUE 1 club. The better League 1 and League 2 players will either want to go to a Championship club or go to another fairly local club. Like us in Division 2 the "big club in that division" will be held back by FPP as this rule only really benefits the smaller clubs.and is aimed to stop you being 41m in debt even though it is to Steve Lansdown.

I think you are in for a culture shock as the Lower divisions are a different proposition completely to when you were last there.

**** off

Oi!! I thought I told you yesterday. Maybe you didn't see it. I'll spell it out for you again.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/153843-football-league-trophy/

Stop spouting your decrepit propaganda around the place and kindly nip off back from whence you came.

Funny how so many of you gassholes have turned up on these pages in recent weeks (in fact a large influx in recent days says it all).

No-one on here has any interest in anything you and your gasshole cronies spout, so if you'd be so kind, please remove yourself from our area and return to your own festering community to discuss how your shiny new Unibowl will finally take you above the Red Antichrists - remember it's now 5,000 days and counting since you experienced such wondrous phenomena (I'll work it for you gapper - that's 13 and a half years!).

Message to all City fans on here - don't bother responding to any of these gassholes when they appear on here in ever growing numbers once our plight is confirmed (I know I've just done this, but I think I may have got away with it!!).

They may come with the name 'Friendly Gas' or some such oxymoronical pseudonyms, but it's for the interests of everyone of us to ignore the tepid little tarts and not give them the pleasure they so desperately crave - even acknowledging their existence is a victory for them, please let them be.

Mr Friendly Gas-hole - this is my last words to you : I'm not interested in what you've got to say, now kindly crawl back to your own forum and pretend you have friends over there - cuz no-one here is gonna be your mate (possibly cuz you talk garbage and you most likely smell - quite a lot). Bye now.

you sure your not a closet red friendly gas, you do seem to have a close interest in us ;)

Archived