IGNORED

Who Is "too Good For League One Football"?

Redrobbin

With our time in the championship pretty much over, and with the enevibility of league one football next season looming large.

I'm interested in the city faithfull opinions on who you all think out of our squad of players "are too good for league one football" next season?

We all know there will be a few players who will be looking at the clubs present situation, and believing that their talents would go unrecognised/wasted in league one.

Are these players letting their inflated egos run away with them, or are there some contenders that do have the talent to attract interest from championship sides?

Albert I thought would be the stand out player.

His first season with us especially.

But you could say his final ball is pretty poor.

His first touch heavy and he hangs on to the ball a bit too long. Plus rarely has his shooting boots on (from distance).

We have many too good for league one we dont work as a team you only have to look at th likes of Woolford and Bolasie who many of us had doubts about but have more than held their own in the championship.Like him or loath him just hope SOD cansort the wheat from the chaff and mix up our better acadamy guys

Albert, Baldock, Davies. Cunnigham, Anderson, Heaton and Kelly.

I wouldn't say they are TOO good - whilst they are better than the current crap, sorry I mean crop, of players we have, I wouldn't say league one is below them. That being said, of course they're plenty good enough to play in the Championship, especially in the right team.

Albert, Baldock, Davies. Cunnigham, Anderson, Heaton and Kelly.

Baldock? too good for league 1? what has he proved since playing in the Championship? i reckon he'll be a good league 1 player, but certainly not 'too good for league 1' same goes for Davies & Kelly. and maybe even Anderson! although all of the players mentioned would be good in league 1 for sure.

Baldock? too good for league 1? what has he proved since playing in the Championship? i reckon he'll be a good league 1 player, but certainly not 'too good for league 1' same goes for Davies & Kelly. and maybe even Anderson! although all of the players mentioned would be good in league 1 for sure.

We all thought that Bolasie was a league 1 player and looked what happened, put them in good championship teams and they will do well.

I think the players we have at present will do well under SODS guidance in league one.

But what worries me is if what quality we do have at present goes in the summer.

will we have the resources to replace them.

After all SOD has not been too active in the loan market since his arrival.

More to the point, which players do we think will have this attitude come the end of the season?

My bet is: Skuse, Fontaine, Pearson, Kilkenny, Baldock & Davies...

I think skuse will stay he's played league one football, and I would hope would stay loyal.

Fontaine been shocking most of the season so not to bothered if he stays. Pearson can go, along with Kilkenny who I believe thinks he is better than he actually is. Of course would like baldock and Davies to stay.

I think skuse will stay he's played league one football, and I would hope would stay loyal.

Fontaine been shocking most of the season so not to bothered if he stays. Pearson can go, along with Kilkenny who I believe thinks he is better than he actually is. Of course would like baldock and Davies to stay.

In line with what RR has said about Skuse heading to Ipswich, rumours are circulating there that he's been linked to them - RR may well be right..! http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/22771/bristol-city-midfielder-linked

Anyone else been wholly unimpressed with Albert since Christmas? Don't think we'll get much for him unless Palace come and take him off our hands. Other than him, Cunningham, Heaton and an injury-free Baldock. Some of the others may not be good enough for League One.

To be fair about Baldock, 10 goals in 18 starts and 11 sub appearances in a injury ridden season in first season at a new club could be a lot worse. I would expect him to bag 20-25 goals at least in league 1 which probably would classify as too good for the division if you can score that many.

Also would say Albert, Cunningham, Heaton and Anderson as definite and maybes of Moloney, Davies and Kelly

I couldn't think of anything worse than Skuse staying..... Get rid for god sake

The problem is that ALL of your players will consider themselves too good for League 1 and will want to move unless they are like say carey whose age will make him realise that he has to drop standard or retire. The big trouble in the game these days is that when a team get relegated it is generally the fans who suffer because the players "distance" themselves from their part in that relegation and feel no loyalty to try to help their club go back up. There will always be Championship clubs who will want your players because individually they may be good enough but as a team not.

Your players will probably fall into one of these brackets

1. Out of Contract - All players out of contract will leave because a) if you do offer them terms it will be less than they have been on and who in any job likes taking a wage drop! b) You wont renew their contracts because you don't want them

2. In Contract with written in pay drop for relegation - These players won't be at all happy with their drop in wages,will consider themselves worth more and want to play Championship football. No point in keeping unhappy players and they will go probably cheaply and you will probably be happy anyway to get them off the wage bill.

3. In contract with no written in pay drop - These will be unhappy but will be willing to bide their time until they move for better wages. This bracket generally performs inadequately because they don't really want to be there.

We have seen all these and no doubt so has 90% of the clubs that have been relegated and generally it doesn't matter if they are under contract and the club wants them ,they end up going.

I will be very surprised if you start next season with more than 6 of your current players and out of that 6 it would not surprise me if 4 of them are players you would have wanted to get rid of!.

Archived