IGNORED

Some Grotty Little Men Are Getting My Dander Up!

harvey54

I was doing alright until I started reading some of the tosh and piffle on this site in the last couple of days.

My season ticket was in the bin and my cricket kit was washed and pressed and ready for use. I had rubbed linseed oil into the cormorant and was looking forward to weekends of mellow fruitfulness, tuna and cucumber sarnies and a firkin of mead after the game.

Now I'm bloody seething and I will be taking my place at Ashton Gate on Saturday I will stand and applaud Sean as he shuffles sheepishly around the edge of the pitch and I will shout and sing until my voice is hoarse.

I don't care that we are almost down cos when we beat Notlob on Saturday we will still be almost down but not quite as much.

And then then we will beat Brummigum on tuesday and according to most people on this site we will still be carp and it will all be Sean's fault and we will be a little less down.

I've seen teams in worse positions than ours turn it around and escape relegation by the skin of their teeth. For Christ's sake, Burnley and Swansea were both one game away from being non-league recently and they've both played in the Premier League.

It's not over til the fat lady sings and i'm not married to her anymore and she couldn't really sing anyway.

I still believe!!!!

CTID

I was doing alright until I started reading some of the tosh and piffle on this site in the last couple of days.

My season ticket was in the bin and my cricket kit was washed and pressed and ready for use. I had rubbed linseed oil into the cormorant and was looking forward to weekends of mellow fruitfulness, tuna and cucumber sarnies and a firkin of mead after the game.

Now I'm bloody seething and I will be taking my place at Ashton Gate on Saturday I will stand and applaud Sean as he shuffles sheepishly around the edge of the pitch and I will shout and sing until my voice is hoarse.

I don't care that we are almost down cos when we beat Notlob on Saturday we will still be almost down but not quite as much.

And then then we will beat Brummigum on tuesday and according to most people on this site we will still be carp and it will all be Sean's fault and we will be a little less down.

I've seen teams in worse positions than ours turn it around and escape relegation by the skin of their teeth. For Christ's sake, Burnley and Swansea were both one game away from being non-league recently and they've both played in the Premier League.

It's not over til the fat lady sings and i'm not married to her anymore and she couldn't really sing anyway.

I still believe!!!!

CTID

Well said sir, that'll be two of us then !

3 of us! Posted something similar last week, I still believe as well! Two home wins and it's on!

The Gas are 5 points from the play-offs with 4 games to go, they believe. Some of our fans even think they may do it, if we win Saturday and results go our way, we could be 5 points from safety with 4 games to go! If those lot can believe, surely we can too!

I still believe!!!!

CTID

If you are not of the same mind as this gentleman, then why the hell do you support Bristol City? This is a way of life for the likes of myself who have followed City since 1952. If you don't have the stomach for it (and I do in more ways than one) then buy a Man Utd replica shirt and bask in their glorious light reflected all the way from Old Trafford. If you are a true Robin then resign yourself to a life of suffering and torment by still keeping that faint light of hope alive in your soul and keep believing. It's just like being a catholic really except you don't need to like kids.

If you are a true Robin then resign yourself to a life of suffering and torment by still keeping that faint light of hope alive in your soul and keep believing. It's just like being a catholic really except you don't need to like kids.

Beautiful!

I still believe!!!!

CTID

I <3 U

I cant belive that people are taring SOD to bits on here for what was an almost ineveitable scenario when he took over.

"an almost inevitable scenario"

Like starting the season without a leader.

Like starting the season with no quality centre-back.

Like starting the season with no creative midfielder.

Like having your whole defence out injured and then bringing in two injury prone loanees.

Like continuing to play out of form/confidence players.

Like playing Pearson out of position and playing him regardless of form/confidence.

Like not going into the loan market when other clubs around you were getting quality loans in and climbing the table.

​Like leaving Delboy in charge when he had lost the plot, the players, the fans for half a dozen games too long.

Like turning on an educated, intelligent man who sees fit to try and explain his motives and decisions after a couple of months.

The 'inevitable scenario' is that we continue to repeat the above, season after season, manager after manager.

We have a quality coach in charge of the team now that needs time, ie a couple of seasons to rebuild this sorry, ragbag of a side. I only hope that he puts up with us for that long.

Archived