IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Next Year

iWurzel

Hi All

Long term fan who hasn't been around these parts much lately! I had to give up my season ticket in 08/09 due to study committments and now I'm finally coming out the other side, I'm looking forward to being in a position next season of getting back to regular attendance.

As disappointing as the prospect of a season - at least - in league one is, I'm hoping the silver lining will be reduced ST prices?

Surely with the dwindling crowds etc. and relegation, ticket prices MUST decrease to encourage better gates? Surely better to sell 10000 ST's at £250 than 7000 at £350. Not saying those figures will be achieved, but just pointing out that surely it's better to get bigger crowds by reducing ST prices?

Or am I deluded for thinking prices might fall with a relegation?!

The top salesmen on the planet will be working on this as I type, unfortunately a buy one get one free offer wouldnt sell out the ground.

Promises of world domination have been considered but the sags have gone for that old cookie.A free cup of tea with every 2 seasons tickets is now the likely favourite. :o

Im skint but id pay the same price as this season which tbf in the ee is cheap anyway if it helps us sign decent players and go straight back up. But Id rather see free admission to season card holders for the early rounds of the jpt +cc than these stupid money off food offers which imo were a attempt to con the fans and a insult to our intelligence!

Im skint but id pay the same price as this season which tbf in the ee is cheap anyway if it helps us sign decent players and go straight back up. But Id rather see free admission to season card holders for the early rounds of the jpt +cc than these stupid money off food offers which imo were a attempt to con the fans and a insult to our intelligence!

They should be reduced not frozen! They keep talking about unsustainable losses, the only way this is going to change is by incentivising increased attendances. Offering League One football at Championship prices...doesn't take a genuis to work out that this is hardly going to broaden our fan base.

The problem is that reducing the prices ( unless its by a huge amount. Which won't happen) won't bring in the fans for lge 1 football. What will bring in the fans is a winning team. Playing attractive football at the top of the league. I think the best season card holders can hope for is a price freeze. But if it means money being spent on the playing side. I'll reluctantly bite like bullet +renew.

• Admin

They might do an early bird offer at a lower price, to try and encourage take up, just when everyone is feeling f**ked off and looking forward to a break.

They are going to have to get a move on if they are to do an "Early Bird" offer, there is only 4 weeks left of the season!

They should reward loyalty, especially after what the loyal fans have sat through over the last few years.

!0% off if you've had a ST for 5 years, 20% off for 10 or more.

and also include a letter of apology!

Good idea, but I don't think they can do that seeing as gate receipts are shared, also remember the complaint when Preston were charging away fans different to home fans!

I reckon prices will remain the same, lowering them will cut our projected income which in turn cuts our amount we can spend to bring anyone in (that's if we can get ourselves in line with the 60% quota), it's a catch 22 situation.

Hi All

Long term fan who hasn't been around these parts much lately! I had to give up my season ticket in 08/09 due to study committments and now I'm finally coming out the other side, I'm looking forward to being in a position next season of getting back to regular attendance.

As disappointing as the prospect of a season - at least - in league one is, I'm hoping the silver lining will be reduced ST prices?

Surely with the dwindling crowds etc. and relegation, ticket prices MUST decrease to encourage better gates? Surely better to sell 10000 ST's at £250 than 7000 at £350. Not saying those figures will be achieved, but just pointing out that surely it's better to get bigger crowds by reducing ST prices?

Or am I deluded for thinking prices might fall with a relegation?!

Wait until Christmas, BCFC hierarchy offer better deals for the second half of seasons. Only idiots like me have bought early. Not this time Lansdown.

• Admin

Good idea, but I don't think they can do that seeing as gate receipts are shared, also remember the complaint when Preston were charging away fans different to home fans!

/quote]

You can charge home and away fans different prices for a set number of games, I believe it is 3/4 this season?

Hence why we could charge £10 for home fans Vs Wednesday.

I also thought that it was only FA Cup games where the gate money is split between the two clubs and the FA?

I don't know what i'd do most Saturdays if I didn't have city, the international breaks kill me with boredom (none of those in league 1) so ill definitely be going back, it's been awful for three years now, but going down could really help us rebuild and come back stronger.

We should seriously be looking at the scheme Hartlepool used.

The more tickets we sale, the cheaper the season tickets become.

Either way it's going to be a huge wake up call unless there are some major changes. I've had a season ticket a out 17 or 18 years or so now. I for one will be holding fire until I see some dramatic changes. I'm sure many, many more will follow suit

I refuse to renew if I we don't actively look to ship out players like Fontaine, Elliott, Carey and Skuse......four players who have played such a massively role in this clubs demise. Not their fault of course...but if there is ever an example of players stagnating or getting old and past it.....these are them.

Surely they will be too embarassed to put the prices up for a lower standard of football.

In my opinion the Championship is the most competitive league with have, ok the football hasn't been so good this year but it is still interesting.

We must be about the only club in it with nothing to play for. (just)

I would like to see something " Ballsy" from the club, where they can attract as many fans as posible despite being in league 1.

I hate a ground with no atmosphere so the players must hate it even more.

Archived