IGNORED

Stead, Baldock And Taylor

Uncle Albert

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130409-injuredstrikers-761597.aspx

Hopefully back this weekend! Too little too late, I fear.

What do you reckon our chances would have been like had we had them all fit for the run in? Much stronger imo - as does SOD.

It must be said, we have had terrible luck with injuries this year (not that that is any excuse whatsoever).

Davies and Baldock's inability to keep injury-free; Stead and Taylor's injuries; Cunningham's injury vs. P'boro + Elekobi and Bryan in the same game; Skuse's continuing knee injury... the list goes on and on. I can't remember any point in the season where we've had a fully fit squad.

What do you reckon our chances would have been like had we had them all fit for the run in? Much stronger imo - as does SOD.

It must be said, we have had terrible luck with injuries this year (not that that is any excuse whatsoever).

Davies and Baldock's inability to keep injury-free; Stead and Taylor's injuries; Cunningham's injury vs. P'boro + Elekobi and Bryan in the same game; Skuse's continuing knee injury... the list goes on and on. I can't remember any point in the season where we've had a fully fit squad.

Stead's been a big loss. Maybe the difference in the end.

I don't think we've had more injuries than normal. When we have had injuries, we've not used the transfer windows or loan markets effectively. Finishing this season with only Davies fit and Burns out on loan is, frankly, embarrassing.

Stead's been a big loss. Maybe the difference in the end.

I don't think we've had more injuries than normal. When we have had injuries, we've not used the transfer windows or loan markets effectively. Finishing this season with only Davies fit and Burns out on loan is, frankly, embarrassing.

I agree - Stead especially.

With regards to the amount of injuries, whilst we may have not had anymore than usual, it seems to be our key players that have been the ones getting injured this year! (Stead, Baldock, Davies, Taylor, Cunningham, Anderson and Skuse). Without wanting to wish injury on anyone, had the likes of Fontaine, Pearson, Kilkenny, Foster, Wilson, Wilson etc. been injured, they would not have been such a big loss as the others imo - as it turns out, I can't recall Fontaine or Pearson missing a game through injury?

As for your last point, I could not agree more. That being said, SOD does indicate why we didn't bring anyone in. Although he does say "we couldn't get anyone better than we already had" - with four strikers out, surely any striker that has a chance of scoring is better than no striker?!

• Admin

I like the first sentance "City hope to have Jon Stead, Sam Baldock and Ryan Taylor back soon - possibly for the forthcoming back-to-back home games with Bolton Wanderers and Birmingham City".

The phrase "Hope to" and "soon", doesn't give me a lot of hope that we will see them for these matches

IMO Stead has been class, really missed him. Taylor has a lot of potential, him and Baldock will be great in L1!

Well.....good, up to the last 4 or 5 games he played before his injury.

Has played more like an ass rather than class for most part, but then alot on here have very short memories.

Had we 'wanted' to stay in this division we would have replaced Stead with a loan, of that I have no doubt. We have been planning for League 1 a lot lot longer than most people think. And yes I do have that now on some level of authority.

Had we 'wanted' to stay in this division we would have replaced Stead with a loan, of that I have no doubt. We have been planning for League 1 a lot lot longer than most people think. And yes I do have that now on some level of authority.

Exactly, I've felt that's the case. But come on, what've you heard??

Did Fidel tell you that?

Archived