IGNORED

Minutes Applause For Thatcher

Randy Marsh

Has anyone else emailed David Lloyd regarding the possibility of this?

DL responded this morning very positively to the request, initially I asked for silence but the club believe an applause would be more suitable to the lady. David said what he would do is keep an eye on the forum to find how the fans would prefer to pay their respects - applause or silence?

I prefer silence before, and potentially, a minutes applause on the 87th minute (this would mean we all have to stay) for the age of which she passed.

What about you guys? I know how good certain sections of the fans are for generating this kind of atmosphere so I'm counting on you! :)

C'MON CITY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................thank you.

Hang on what's that sound? Oh right it's the riot police! Doing something like that for a woman that divided the country and probably bristol city fans alike would be a disaster and more trouble than its worth, if people want to pay their respects then they can do it in other ways.

Hang on what's that sound? Oh right it's the riot police! Doing something like that for a woman that divided the country and probably bristol city fans alike would be a disaster and more trouble than its worth, if people want to pay their respects then they can do it in other ways.

The country was already divided when she came along (still is really) but I agree with you Streety. We don't need anything more that would divide our fans!

The same people that sing "the Falklands are ours" and "no surrender" will start booing and shouting obsenites. This whole Thatcher episode is littered with hypocrasy.

Prob best to leave politics out of sport as the people that would like to pay respects might get upset with those that don't and vice versa.

The same people that sing "the Falklands are ours" and "no surrender" will start booing and shouting obsenites. This whole Thatcher episode is littered with hypocrasy.

Prob best to leave politics out of sport as the people that would like to pay respects might get upset with those that don't and vice versa.

Exactly, far to divisive to expect anything to be observed with any kind of dignity. Don't see the point on this occasion.

What about you guys? I know how good certain sections of the fans are for generating this kind of atmosphere so I'm counting on you! :)

C'MON CITY!

In glad you've taken the bull by the horns on this one Randy, something need to be done of course.

I was thinking possibly a minutes 'Gangnam Style'.

Exactly. Any political figure is going to stir up unecessary emotion.

In glad you've taken the bull by the horns on this one Randy, something need to be done of course.

I was thinking possibly a minutes 'Gangnam Style'.

Ted in times like these you must remember our disabled fans would struggle to show their respects to the lady in this manner. But thank you for taking the time to respond.

We need to show everyone that Bristol City Football Club was united behind, and proud of, Thatcher.

THATCHER WAS GOLD, GOLD!

Archived