IGNORED

Loyalty

ciderbeans

Out of our current contracted players, who do you think will show some loyalty and stay regardless of what happens?

I noticed that David Lopez of Brighton has come out saying he wants to stay with them no matter what league they will be playing in which is refreshing to hear.

I only hope some or all of our contracted players follow his example and stay knowing what success can be built around them.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Don't forget the majority of these players have taken us down (you would think) so I hope they don't all want to stay.

Plus, theres being loyal and theres being unwanted by anyone else. We are going to struggle to shift a lot of this squad.

The only 'loyal' player I can think of would be Carey and I hope he gets a new deal (whilst strengthening that position too). Having said that I would hope Cunningham, Moloney and Kelly all stay.

Out of our current contracted players, who do you think will show some loyalty and stay regardless of what happens?

I noticed that David Lopez of Brighton has come out saying he wants to stay with them no matter what league they will be playing in which is refreshing to hear.

I only hope some or all of our contracted players follow his example and stay knowing what success can be built around them.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

I hope to god they don't read this forum, don't give them ideas about staying..I hope every single player out of contract bar Stead leaves.

I'm talking about the quality we have under contract like cunningham, baldock, kelly, anderson. I hope they show some loyalty and stay. I dont care if the likes of fontaine and co leave. Many are OOC so there shouldnt be much fuss over getting rid of the dead wood. It is the young talent we need to keep

I hope to god they don't read this forum, don't give them ideas about staying..I hope every single player out of contract bar Stead leaves.

You're right , if they look at this forum and see some of our 'fans' deserting like rats from a ship , why the hell would they think to stay :dunno:

Remember the players are professionals. Professionals play for the club that makes the best offer. If you could stay at your existing employer for a salary of X or go to a new one for a salary of X + 25% what would you do?

City will be paying low wages next season and even though team performances have been awful there will be clubs prepared take some of the players who are out of contract

agree stead is the only one with a pair,bar Carey,both a credit to the club-but its time to move on as regards Lewis the player.same with Marv,they are the past and its time for looking forwards.

Don't forget the majority of these players have taken us down (you would think) so I hope they don't all want to stay.

Plus, theres being loyal and theres being unwanted by anyone else. We are going to struggle to shift a lot of this squad.

The only 'loyal' player I can think of would be Carey and I hope he gets a new deal (whilst strengthening that position too). Having said that I would hope Cunningham, Moloney and Kelly all stay.

Trouble is he is not the future and we may just have to look forward........ he's been great but there comes a point that everything will just have to move on?

Think, and hope, Marv will stay, enjoys the Captaincy I reckon.

Me too. Is he actually out of contract? Said it plenty of times but if we had 11 average players with Marv's work rate and attitude we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

I'd be inclined to try to keep Carey Stead Anderson Maloney Elliott and Taylor from the senior players. Maybe even Nyatanga and Fonts who've shown signs of life ünder SOD.

Our biggest problem is not those out of contract but some of those still under contract...... Pearson, J Wilson (I can't make any sense of his career here - barely played a game), Kilkenny all need to go. I'd rather see Pearson paid off than pull on a City shirt again.

I agree with this mate.

I think a lot of the players under contract will be hard to shift. We may have to get next to nothing for a lot of them just to get them off the wage bill. Plus dropping a league will prevent clubs from paying reasonable fee's.

I love Carey to bits and he always will be a City legend to me. I am just unsure on giving him another deal would make sense. I think at some point we need to move on, we need a change of direction.

It's difficult, but I think if we do go the way of youth in league 1, he might be worth giving another deal just for his experience. Otherwise I think we have to move on. I think Moloney and Kelly will stay in finances allow it, but I think Cunningham will be gone.

I agree with this mate.

I think a lot of the players under contract will be hard to shift. We may have to get next to nothing for a lot of them just to get them off the wage bill. Plus dropping a league will prevent clubs from paying reasonable fee's.

I love Carey to bits and he always will be a City legend to me. I am just unsure on giving him another deal would make sense. I think at some point we need to move on, we need a change of direction.

It's difficult, but I think if we do go the way of youth in league 1, he might be worth giving another deal just for his experience. Otherwise I think we have to move on. I think Moloney and Kelly will stay in finances allow it, but I think Cunningham will be gone.

Yep, any new deal for Louis would be on the basis we are putting faith in some youth. His experience would be useful. Also, Louis has proved he is capable against some of the big L1 forwards we'll face.

Archived