IGNORED

Car Breakdown Cover

DarTheRed

Hi guys i'm looking to renew breakdown cover for me and my wifes car's next month but not sure who to join up with, we've been with the AA for a few years now but the last 2 occasions i broke down they sent out Hinton Rescue who were to be blunt 'Crap' !!!

The AA charged me £160 per year for cover, i was wondering if any of you got cover elsewhere, cheaper and realiable !!

I do know a good Mechanic who can repair the Car's but he is a one man band and won't be able to recover from the side of the Road if he is busy

Thanks

Cant you get it free with your bank account?

I did this many years ago but it now costs £15 per month but the cover is the minimal (i broke down at home and had to take out full cover) you can get it cheaper through the AA direct !!

Thanks for that though

Hi guys i'm looking to renew breakdown cover for me and my wifes car's next month but not sure who to join up with, we've been with the AA for a few years now but the last 2 occasions i broke down they sent out Hinton Rescue who were to be blunt 'Crap' !!!

The AA charged me £160 per year for cover, i was wondering if any of you got cover elsewhere, cheaper and realiable !!

I do know a good Mechanic who can repair the Car's but he is a one man band and won't be able to recover from the side of the Road if he is busy

Thanks

Brittania. Very good. Much cheaper than rac aa and green flag. Use lots of independent garages rather than their own fleet, keeps costs down, and means more often than not, there is a garage just around the corner to come and get you.

If you are a public sector worker and are a csma member it is even cheaper. Got home, , Britain and European cover for 55 quid a year.

I went with Green Flag, switched from AA after they put the price up yet again. The feature I look for is that if you break down they will take your car home and a lot of the cheaper covers don't do this; the last thing I want after breaking down on a November Sunday afternoon away for the weekend is having to put up in a local BB while I wait for my car to get fixed in a local garage on Monday so I can get home.

I get my cover via my car insurance through Direct Line. They use Green Flag and they are great, guaranteed to be there within an hour and very reasonable premium on both car insurance and breakdown cover.

Called them out on a number of occasions, the latest in late December when my trusty Volvo blew a head gasket deep in Devon.

Arrived within the hour and carted the car and us back to my local garage no problem.

Car was scrapped and got a rebate of premiums when I changed cover to a new car - very pleased!

Archived