IGNORED

My Tips For The Bcfc Forum...dorset_Cider A Survival Guide

Dorset_Cider

Times are hard for us all at BCFC at the mo

1.If you don't like what people post then click ignore poster

I don't recommend that you do this unless there is such a 'Cheddar Gorge' in opinion that could lead to a forum ban for you or them and I would like everyone to note that I have 'NEVER' clicked ignore poster ever. Even someone you think is so far distanced from your opinion may still come up with some opinion/post that you finally think ' Hey They Have A Point I Agree With That After All' you will miss this by clicking on ignore!

Read and don't bother replying is better etc

2.We all have different thoughts and some might agree with you, some may not (It's often is not personal, if it is then this is one for the MODS).

That does not mean that any of the posters posting a provocative post do not share the love of BCFC

3.Do not involve the MODs if possible (they really have better things to do)....... On this forum we have personal messages PM's (if it's turned off then this does not apply)

PM's are a great way to bash out problems or disagreements, often you can come to an understanding of why a poster might have posted what they posted.

Be aware that the MOD's can jump in there if you are abusive to other members and rightly so.

PM's are not there to abuse people, the MOD's can act on PM's if this is the case........ don't be a dick is what I'm trying to say and use PM's to sort out your issues, unless you have personal problems that just can't be addressed on a football forum.

4.Difficult people....... we might all seem like this at times to some but do we really want to bother being misunderstood?

Sort out your problems without the Mod's if you can, if not then it's really down to them to mediate........ but hey we don't want that do we really?

5 Grow up be big......... just because someone disagrees with you does not make you wrong...... they just disagree with you ...... live with it unless it threatens your life, in which case it is time for the Mods to step in.

6. Try to remember that there are or maybe kids on here, they may not be so hardened to the Bristol City FC world so something that has been a part of supporting BCFC for many years to you may mean little to them......... we have some great 'NIPPERS' on here respect them, put them right if need be with your experience but please respect them..... let's face it they are the future after all and will turn in to the battle hardened old gits the rest of us are :)

7.Litigation.......... don't go there unless you have an amazing amount of proof......... comments that are unfounded in fact regarding 'serious matters' should not really be posted and understandably they would need to be removed by the Mod's....... this is not some insult to you or some device to silence you, it is a legal protection device/ necessity at times to stop the forum being sued or maybe even you!

The comments/post may be removed but we have to accept that no one wants our forum to be taken to court and have a legal judgement made against if because of your post

Erm, the eyes of the world or your unfriendly local rag can read your post too and report some edited balls regarding things that you did not mean when you posted it

The source....... well you you did not mean it like they reported or that was not what you meant but they might just distort your comment for a headline?

8. Banter.......... Most of us dislike(? Hate might be the term I'd use, but not the the supporters just the team) the gas and know they are wrong........ some of us might accept that our natural inclination would be to support the under dog, but that is just plain stupid as BCFC are the 'ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL' and they (The GAS) know it (reluctantly).......... You can't help but love a 'GASSER' the kind that reluctantly accepts BCFC are 'THE GLAMOUR BOYS OF BRISTOL' he/she as a 'Gasser' knows this to be true (and it is is :) but it must be hard for them to understand..... even if we BCFC were non-league we'd still be better than them).

Actually i love them Gasheads.... respect to them but not their team.

Adopt and love your local 'Gashead' they may be wrong but they love their club too........ for reasons unknown by us true 'CITY FOLK'.

Let's be big and explain 'We Hate The Gas' is banter...... we might hate their club but we do not hate them as supporters of football or people (some may not agree)

9. Other teams supporters (non-gas) well,some come on the forum with insight and are friendly...... some just want you to react (which can be fun if you keep it within the forum rules) tends to be down to the Mod's........... If other supporters come on OTIB and it's all banter (with humour) then maybe that is ok....... could lead to a 'Classic Thread' ?

So other teams (In my view gas always welcome ..... they know our buttons to be pushed :) ) just keep it funny we can respect that and give it back....... if you want to just be a knob then you are letting yourself and your club down....... We at BCFC can do funny pizz take, knob might get you removed or if left up slaughtered, be prepared for that and you have been warned.

10. Remember that what goes on here is a record that could be used against you or referred to in the future......... one silly comment might lose you a job or be evidence in a future court case...... You owe it to yourself & OTIB to be polite and reasonable of thought/response...... OTIB is a record of your online activity

11.What you post is what others (people, employers and government) read, the forum might not be bothered but what you post if inappropriate might be used against you.

It's your choice in what you post...... but live by the sword die by the sword (yeh get meh?) If you think it's a bit iffy and might be used against you in a court of law ..... by God don't bother.

12. Any other points OTIB members would like to add to the list......... I have tried to post the feel of OTIB if I'm wrong then sorry, please feel free to elaborate and the same for MOD's

Brilliant Dorset :D

Brilliant indeed. Also remember that the NIMBY incomers from LA are reading this for ammunition to prevent AV being built and to Keep Bristol Small.

They've lied through their teeth to the TVG Inspector and are about to be exposed. They are desperate for another angle to attack City from.

Archived