IGNORED

Sir Mark, Son Of Maggie Thatcher....

Mr Mosquito

......what exactly was a knighthood given to Sir Mark Thatcher for? For getting lost in the desert? For evading prison for attempting to bring down an African government, and for dropping all others involved in prison? The man seems like a corrupt coward to me. :D

It was hereditary, he has one because his father had one.

He's an arms dealer (apparently) who as you say cannot even enter the USA because he has a criminal record following a conviction for plotting to overthrow the government of Equitorial Guinea, for which a number of British mercenaries were jailed, nice bloke.

He's also reported to be worth £64m, so should pay for his own mother's funeral (like us "normal people" have to) and not expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Obviously those Tory lies about Thatcher rolling back the role of the state didn't actually extend that far........

He's an arms dealer (apparently) who as you say cannot even enter the USA because he has a criminal record following a conviction for plotting to overthrow the government of Equitorial Guinea, for which a number of British mercenaries were jailed, nice bloke.

He's also reported to be worth £64m, so should pay for his own mother's funeral (like us "normal people" have to) and not expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Obviously those Tory lies about Thatcher rolling back the role of the state didn't actually extend that far........

Indeed, ex SAS officer Simon Mann was one of the mercenaries incarcerated in a brutal prison for his part in the attempted coup in Equitorial Guinnea and Sir Mark Thatcher escaped any kind of justice from the regime. No doubt because Mummy Maggie pulled a few strings. Simon Mann and other prisoners.....

1190158481.jpg

Simon+Mann.jpeg

Picture sources: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/mann-back-in-equatorial-guinea-ndash-to-work-for-leader-he-tried-to-oust-2115646.html

& http://gulfnews.com/news/world/other-world/i-really-thought-i-could-pull-it-off-1.954383

Yep, arms dealing, coup financing (and other alleged naughties I will not mention here) Sir Mark, inherited a baronetcy.

Baronetcy was a form of herdeitary title which had died out but was revived in the 18th century as a means of gaining money for the corrupt governments of the time. The practice of awarding baronetships and other hereditary titles was discontinued in 1965.

Denis was a millionaire's son who inherited the weedkiller and sheep dip firm his grandfather had set up and was later a non-executive director of Burmah Oil. A company that had to be rescued by the Bank of England as it became so heavily indebted during Thatcher's tenure.

Precisely what this duffus had done to merit being the only person to be awarded a hereditary title in the last 50 years is something of a mystery.

Services to the gin and tonic industries perhaps?

Yep, arms dealing, coup financing (and other alleged naughties I will not mention here) Sir Mark, inherited a baronetcy.

Baronetcy was a form of herdeitary title which had died out but was revived in the 18th century as a means of gaining money for the corrupt governments of the time. The practice of awarding baronetships and other hereditary titles was discontinued in 1965.

Denis was a millionaire's son who inherited the weedkiller and sheep dip firm his grandfather had set up and was later a non-executive director of Burmah Oil. A company that had to be rescued by the Bank of England as it became so heavily indebted during Thatcher's tenure.

Precisely what this duffus had done to merit being the only person to be awarded a hereditary title in the last 50 years is something of a mystery.

Services to the gin and tonic industries perhaps?

Superbly informative post yet again Red-Robbo. From my perspective, You're fast gaining legend status on this forum.

Superbly informative post yet again Red-Robbo. From my perspective, You're fast gaining legend status on this forum.

He is a living posting legend. I consider myself to be reasonably well-read but feel like a dunce when I read Red-Robbo's posts.

RR, I'm curious as your type of employment....feel free to tell me to mind my own, of course.

Never done an honest day's work in his life, yet he's a multi-millionaire and about to benefit from the present government's shameful decision to reduce tax for the richest while cutting benefits and taxing bedroom for the poor.

No one is taxing Bedrooms - and if you cannot live on benefit capped handouts that equate to £36,000 pa salary then you need to rethink your life. As for the riches getting tax breaks - they are being taxed more than during 12 of the 13 years Labour were in power.

It's a bloody good investment for us taxpayers!

£10 million for a big funeral, we get £23 million from the Yanks in TV rights alone!!

He is a living posting legend. I consider myself to be reasonably well-read but feel like a dunce when I read Red-Robbo's posts.

RR, I'm curious as your type of employment....feel free to tell me to mind my own, of course.

I'm a former journalist who now works in a more technical consultancy role to the media industry.

At the moment though I'm not doing that. I'm floorboarding the loft. :D

I'm a former journalist who now works in a more technical consultancy role to the media industry.

At the moment though I'm not doing that. I'm floorboarding the loft. :D

You're a clever man, thank you for the further information on Mark Thatcher....much appreciated. As far as I'm concerned, Mark Thatcher should be given the choice of standing trial in Equitorial Guinnea - as others involved in the coup had to - or he should be handed over to the North Koreans for a jolly good gulaging. :D

Archived