IGNORED

The Killers Wembley

I think they're appalling and should be grateful that the 'indie' scene was in a healthy state when they broke through. They wouldn't stand a chance if they released their debut album today.

We all have our opinions ;)

I actually like them, I grew up listening to there music so it kind of got drilled into me, I found out you either love them or hate them :)

But you could say that about many bands who if they release there debut album now it wouldn't sell very well

Never seen them (the closest I came was at Glasto in 2007, but it was a choice of them or Iggy and the stooges... there was only one winner there!!) and they aren't really for me, however for a brief time as a student I did listen to their debut album quite a bit and it does hold some good tracks on it- Mr Brightside etc

get there early so you can see gaslight anthem supporting

National Express are running a coach service for the concert, So I'll get there at 2 and be back at 2 in the morning, So I won't miss a thing,

The tickets are almost sold out, Which for Wembley stadium would mean around 100,000 considering you can stand on the pitch :o

National Express are running a coach service for the concert, So I'll get there at 2 and be back at 2 in the morning, So I won't miss a thing,

The tickets are almost sold out, Which for Wembley stadium would mean around 100,000 considering you can stand on the pitch :o

Depends on their stage set up, for example Muse was about 90,000 where as U2 was played to around 80,000. you would be suprised how many seats they have to take out behind the stage and also the pitch standing normally includes the lower tier. Either way its still a massive crowd!

Depends on their stage set up, for example Muse was about 90,000 where as U2 was played to around 80,000. you would be suprised how many seats they have to take out behind the stage and also the pitch standing normally includes the lower tier. Either way its still a massive crowd!

Yeah I've checked the seating, And they take around 15,000 seats because of the stage, And 5-10,000 standing or lower tier seats, So your correct

It's going to be full I know that ;)

Saw them at the RDS in Dublin a few years back: decent band, not great, but certainly not the worst music I have listened to, nor the worst band I have seen live.

Atm there my Bristol City of Music, No matter what there's always that little bit in you that makes you go back for more, This is the first time I'm going to see them, But I've felt the hook sink in

Yep I'll be there, looking forward to it. Last gig I saw at Wembley was Muse and that was immense so it will be a tough act to follow.

I have mixed opinions about their latest album, the stuff I like, I really like but parts of it I'm not massively keen on at all.

Yep I'll be there, looking forward to it. Last gig I saw at Wembley was Muse and that was immense so it will be a tough act to follow.

I have mixed opinions about their latest album, the stuff I like, I really like but parts of it I'm not massively keen on at all.

Whereabouts are you?

I got tickets late so I'm in the seats, Won't have the same atmosphere as standing, but I'll be there :)

Hot Fuss was great, Sams Town still decent, went right down hill after that for me

watched them headline glasto in maybe 2007?? Which in theory should have been best time to catch them. Remember being a little dissapointed, but partly because i think the sound technical guys let them down a bit. Also remember ruing the decision to miss Iggy (great shout cider-manc), where some people in the tent next to us managed to rush the stage.

I would echo the shout from an oldmixonred about gaslight anthem. really underated. If you dont know a lot about them most albums are good, but for me the album '59 sound' is absolutely brilliant. Was one of my fav albums the year it was released and still love listeniung to it today

Agree. I saw The Killers at the Academy just after they released Hot Fuss. Fantastic gig.

I need to get into Gaslight as I'm a massive fan of The Hold Steady.

Was that on the NME tour when its was something like £10 to see Kilers/Bloc Party/Kaiser Chiefs and maybe Franz Ferdinand on the same bill?

Remember it as my mates gf got him a ticket but he binned her shortly before , couldnt go, and then aboput 2 years later he was gutted as they were some of the biggest bands in UK by then

P.S realy cant reccomend 59 sound album enough by gaslight. all albums are pretty consistent with a couple of cracking tracks, but this one IMO is great pretty much start to finish.

Was that on the NME tour when its was something like £10 to see Kilers/Bloc Party/Kaiser Chiefs and maybe Franz Ferdinand on the same bill?

Remember it as my mates gf got him a ticket but he binned her shortly before , couldnt go, and then aboput 2 years later he was gutted as they were some of the biggest bands in UK by then

P.S realy cant reccomend 59 sound album enough by gaslight. all albums are pretty consistent with a couple of cracking tracks, but this one IMO is great pretty much start to finish.

Yep. Killers, Bloc, Kaiser Chiefs and Futureheads - not bad for 15 quid!!

Archived