IGNORED

Heaton Wants To Stay?

Pete1975Legend

I can remember countless games when Basso saved/won us points. I can't think of any times that Heaton has done the same. I don't rate him at all. In fact I can think of games that Gerken has won us games e.g Forest away last season...for L1 Gerken would be very decent and probably cheaper too.

I can remember countless games when Basso saved/won us points. I can't think of any times that Heaton has done the same. I don't rate him at all. In fact I can think of games that Gerken has won us games e.g Forest away last season...for L1 Gerken would be very decent and probably cheaper too.

Blackpool at home?

Burnley away - ok we didn't win but the fact we were ahead at ht was entirely down to him.

Heaton's a really good championship keeper and if we could keep him that would be fantastic news.

I can also think of games where Gerken lost us games, at forest for example he made good saves, but saves he would be expected to make.....let them in And questions would of been asked.

Maybe because Heaton has had such a shit defence in front of him that he has had more to do?

I can also think of games where Gerken lost us games, at forest for example he made good saves, but saves he would be expected to make.....let them in And questions would of been asked.

Maybe because Heaton has had such a shit defence in front of him that he has had more to do?

Agreed yet Heaton should of saved all 3 at Derby. Maybe we were just spoilt with Basso...

Gerken has also played most of his games behind a **** defence, but he's had a lot more good games than bad. He's had a couple of catastrophic games but when he gets a proper run in the team he can be outstanding.

I'd be more than happy with either of them in L1, but the likelihood is we'll have neither.

Heaton won't hang around and Gerken has no doubt had his fill of being a permanent sub.

Read the article and steering clear of the Heaton/Gerken discussion that's been done to death in recent times, I'd suggest that Heaton, is motivated to earn himself a new contract elsewhere, or at least that's how it reads.

It's his first season as a proper number one, it hasnt been basked in glory, whichever way you look at it, so his stock isnt going to be great, hence the need to play 'better' jn order to maximise any contract offers.

I have to prove I deserve a new contract with this football club.

Would not be upset to see the back of him after reading that interview. He is basically saying that it is now more important for the players to put in a shift because their future is uncertain. Totally the wrong attitude in my opinion - they should have put a shift in from August and by this point they may already have had an extension offer.

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily accuse him of being lazy, had Pearson come out and said this he would have been absolutely lambasted. I think its an incredibly ill-advised interview and actually an insult to us fans - 'sorry the club is going down but woe is me, I may have picked up X thousand £'s over the course of the season but now I really need to play well to get a job elsewhere'.

Agreed yet Heaton should of saved all 3 at Derby. Maybe we were just spoilt with Basso...

Well we could have had Bank's,Hart and Buffon in goal at Derby and still got belted the best keeper in the world would have no chance with Citys defence.

Can't really see anything in that interview that screams i want to stay and play in League 1 more of a look i'm still trying get me out of here..

FFP has really changed the market for players at the mid to bottom of the professional game. Clubs aren't keeping such big squads and wages are not what they were.There are many more unemployed players and even more on very short-term contracts.

The predicted [by some on here] exodus of our players may not happen, unless lots of higher-earners find clubs and are released for free.

Even those out-of-contract will prefer to stay here and play on L1 wages rather than accept financial insecurity elsewhere and possibly a spell out of the game.

I think he's a solid keeper and one of the few players that I feel wants to win every single week, gives 100% every single week, and generally has a good solid game every single week. He'd be a great asset in League One if we could afford him. He'd be one of the few OOC players I'd definitely want kept on.

FFP has really changed the market for players at the mid to bottom of the professional game. Clubs aren't keeping such big squads and wages are not what they were.There are many more unemployed players and even more on very short-term contracts.

Sweet justice! They've leeched the game dry financially and have slowly drained the passion, too.

My prophecy is also that supporters are going to slowly start demanding more intelligent on-field players, decision making, respect for officials etc and more responsible attitudes off of it. £20+ is a high entrance fee for a muppet show.

I also think he's an average keeper, but he'd be a good player to keep in league one as he genuinely seems like he cares and shows quite a bit of passion when he's on the pitch.

Also the quote about him being better than Basso, are you serious?

Sweet justice! They've leeched the game dry financially and have slowly drained the passion, too.

My prophecy is also that supporters are going to slowly start demanding more intelligent on-field players, decision making, respect for officials etc and more responsible attitudes off of it. £20+ is a high entrance fee for a muppet show.

You know the leeches I would really like to pour some salt on? The agents. Not only has their percentages pushed up costs and wages, but they have overhyped the market for their charges.

Of course, you can't stop people getting financial advice, but if all the clubs stuck together they surely could insist wage negotiations are only conducted face-to-face with the players.

He's a good professional Heaton, he has been the only player that has shown passion on the pitch recently and believed we could still do the unthinkable. I hope he stays, but if he goes I wish him all the best in the future!

Archived