IGNORED

Do You Want To Lose Today?

Ciderhead01

I never want us to lose and never will.fight to the end no surrender

Spoken like a true 14 year old.

Seriously though, I just want this season over with.

It was (IMO) over well before the Wolves home game, I actually started getting worried when we threw away a 2 goal lead at Bolton, look what happened after that...

My only wish is that we are competitive enough to get a least a play off place next season - I believe we will be, but if not there are some serious concerns.

For now lets just face the music and dance.

Id rather when the inevitable happens that we go down with 50 odd points. Just so when we look back we can say we were unlucky like the 2 others that come down with us.

Exactly right. I'd rather be close and relegated giving it a go than give up and be miles off. Plus we need confidence going into next season from players and fans...

I don't really understand this 'wanting our team to lose' thing. Surely the less embarrassment brought to the club the better? The only way we can have some real pride this season is to keep battling, win games towards the end of the season, and postpone the inevitable as long as possible?

I don't think there'll ever be a game when I'll actively hope we drop points. Don't think I'll ever be able to comprehend how a 'supporter' can think like that either.

damn straight

No, let's finish the season the best we possibly can so we have something to build on next year.

Didn't we have an unbeaten run of 8 games at the end of last season?

Anyway , no I don't want us to lose. Also , are there any other teams in the league who can be relegated tonight , or will we be the first?

Edit - Scrap that , Bury were relegated on Saturday. (How shit must they be !!))

Didn't we have an unbeaten run of 8 games at the end of last season?

Anyway , no I don't want us to lose. Also , are there any other teams in the league who can be relegated tonight , or will we be the first?

Edit - Scrap that , Bury were relegated on Saturday. (How shit must they be !!))

Yes, and we started this season well. Shame about the rest of it!

There are two schools of thought here....ordinarily I would agree with the idea of going into the close season in form and with a bit of confidence. However.... Most of these players will likely be elsewhere next season and so the confidence arguement is pretty pointless. Another factor here is to possibly give some of the kids who will be featuring next year an opportunity at some tough games at a good level to give them a taste of things to come. The blooding of youngsters is unlikely to begin until our fate is officially sealed, so in that respect maybe the sooner it happens the better.
Do I ever want us to lose though? Nope....but I can see positives that could come from it happening.

Ridiculous to wish for the team to lose. Even if we are relegated, winning a few games could give some of the younger players/players who will be here next season the confidence and self belief that they can win a game of football. Building some momentum now could help the team considerably come the start of the season even if only a few players will still be here.

Seriously I never want us to loose. I hate loosing friendlies tour matches. Veterans charity games. Anything. Every time a side representing bristol city take the field in any sort of fixture I want them to win. And tonights no different!

Better tight than loose , eh !! ;)

Id rather when the inevitable happens that we go down with 50 odd points. Just so when we look back we can say we were unlucky like the 2 others that come down with us.

The filth used that as an excuse the FIRST time they went down to Division FOUR

The only time I'd want us to lose is if the team we beat secured their survival with the three points sending the Sags down - but as we are never in the same league then no. Beat Brum and we would have done the double over them, apart from the away game.

I've read that several times and I still have no idea what you mean!!! Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Seriously I never want us to loose. I hate loosing friendlies tour matches. Veterans charity games. Anything. Every time a side representing bristol city take the field in any sort of fixture I want them to win. And tonights no different!

It would be quite nice if a team was sent out onto the field that actually "represented" Bristol City!!

Nope, I don't want to lose tonight.

Its ironic that both Cardiff & Hull will more than likely be promoted and good luck to them, just remember, that its enduring times like these with humility that makes every future success all the more sweeter.

That is why I am proud to be a Bristol City fan

Archived