IGNORED

New Parachute Payment Agreement

Maesknoll Red

The Premier League agreed new parachute payments from next season, increasing from the current £48M over two years, to £60M over 4 years. It's a huge amount for any championship clubs without that payment to try and counter, especially with FFP.

Just highlights for me the defect we have been against since missing out on both certain players and promotion in itself vs Hull, when the went up, they've had £48m investment over the last 2 (3?) Seasons. Then look at the table. While I'm by no amount saying this wasn't the boards fault.

Begs the question.....WHY?

With all the talk of financial fair play.....why does a club get rewarded for being relegated?

What was the original thinking of this parachute payment?

I think its due to the amount of revenue clubs loose when they get relegated, TV rights and so on... Just so they don't go straight out of business when they drop down...

Does beg the question where did Blackpool spend their millions in Parachute payments, as they didn't really spend a lot when they went up...

Blackburn and Wolves haven't been tearing up any trees with their parachutes have they?

Wolves are investing in increasing capacity on three sides of their ground as they certainly haven't invested in a new manager by employing a diddicoy & Blackburn spent £8M on Rhodes & another fried chicken outlet, so I would say there's your answer

I think its due to the amount of revenue clubs loose when they get relegated, TV rights and so on... Just so they don't go straight out of business when they drop down...

Does beg the question where did Blackpool spend their millions in Parachute payments, as they didn't really spend a lot when they went up...

We must lose a lot as well, we spend millions trying to get to the prem, then with relegation we lose a lot by selling our better players at a cheaper rate, trying to balance books. We get less tv rights unless your in cup matches.

Crowds will decrease if the team are not doing well.

Getting Millions for a parachute payments may not help you keep your big named internationals, but it certainly gives you a head start on getting in the better championship players. As for Blackpool someones better off!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365

Hence why we are going down and why its all part of the master plan.

Only when we have a stadium that can make us sustainable in the upper echelons of the Champs will we get anywhere; before too long, with FFP juxtaposed with larger parachutes, we will see more yo-yoing going between this division and league 1 just like we see now between the prem and the champs.

Archived