IGNORED

Gerken

Fuber

Everyone going on about on the Heaton thread about him staying or not, seem to be in the mind frame that if he goes, w/ Lew Carey being released, that Gerks will be out Goalkeeper in league 1..... Uh, his contract expires as well I believe, isn't it?

Take a lot of character to sit on the bench for two seasons but Gerks truly is a topman. By far the best at the club together with Albert.

I trust he will be given a fair run as first choice keeper next season as Heaton as Player of the season is dead certain to leave.

Hopefully SOD is not as stupid as his predecessors - wasting money on three keepers.

Hope he goes.

The worst keeper I've seen in all my years( bar the forest game when he was rather good!)

Nowhere near as bad as you make out, not even close. To be fair when he has a bad game he doesn't do it by half but he has also had a number of outstanding games in a City shirt (Newcastle, Derby, Ipswich and Forest off the top of my head) and many competent ones too. Made a number of very important contributions at the end of last season and I firmly believe that had we kept James in goal at the end of the season all of our problems would have been brought forward by a year (might have been better for the club in the long run but there you go).

Hope he goes.

The worst keeper I've seen in all my years( bar the forest game when he was rather good!)

Got to say James takes that role for me. He didn't even get the basics right, maybe followed by Gerkin. But to be fair to Gerkin he has had a stop start career with us. Never really got a chance to build s match day understanding with the first team.

Got to say James takes that role for me. He didn't even get the basics right, maybe followed by Gerkin. But to be fair to Gerkin he has had a stop start career with us. Never really got a chance to build s match day understanding with the first team.

No difference, except James HAD it, a long time ago, Gerkin never will have, simply not good enough for the Championship, and I wouldnt want to take a chance on him next season either...

No difference, except James HAD it, a long time ago, Gerkin never will have, simply not good enough for the Championship, and I wouldnt want to take a chance on him next season either...

I'm not going to argue that point. That is fair enough. Still think James was the worst city keeper I have seen. What he did elswhere is of no concern to me :)

I'm not going to argue that point. That is fair enough. Still think James was the worst city keeper I have seen. What he did elswhere is of no concern to me :)

AH ok, would disagree fractionally as due to the utter shite in front of him, David Seaman, Peter Schmiechel, & Niel Sullivan would struggle to keep a clean sheet..

Take a lot of character to sit on the bench for two seasons but Gerks truly is a topman. By far the best at the club together with Albert.

I trust he will be given a fair run as first choice keeper next season as Heaton as Player of the season is dead certain to leave.

Hopefully SOD is not as stupid as his predecessors - wasting money on three keepers.

Takes a lot of character to sit on the bench for 2 seasons?

Not really just smacks of a lack of ambition and happy to pick up a pay cheque. No doubt as its on a BCFC cheque it's a fair whack more than he'd get elsewhere.

Not his fault he's not first choice but you're always moaning about our shit players and how they're robbing a living off of us....

Takes a lot of character to sit on the bench for 2 seasons?

Not really just smacks of a lack of ambition and happy to pick up a pay cheque. No doubt as its on a BCFC cheque it's a fair whack more than he'd get elsewhere.

Not his fault he's not first choice but you're always moaning about our shit players and how they're robbing a living off of us....

You can't play two keepers.

to me Gerken is a Steve Phillips clone, on his day fantastic but that day rarely happens

Pros

His postioning is ok

shot stopping

distrabution

good in a goal line scramble

Cons

He can't orginise

He Can't command his box

He isn't very good at set pieces

Where as Heaten

Pros

Postioning is good

Shot stopping

can command his box

decent at set pieces

Distrabution is good

Cons

Suspect in a goal linescramble

Should've used Henderson whilst we had him.

This. The Henderson debacle is the root of our goal keeping problem if you ask me. We should have ditched James (or never signed him?) and put some faith in a young player who subsequently proved he was good at Portsmouth behind an even worse defence and then been good on loan at Ipswich. Annoying at best

Archived