IGNORED

Finally The Pain Has Finished.

Red Till I'm Dead

Think higher, the board need to get a wiggle on and stop flaffing about and wasting there money on sh1te decisions.

They have and are. Most of the bad decisions are remains from the previous board under Sexstone, Lansdown Sr and Price.

Lansdown Jr, Dawe and the rest are moving the club into the FFP era with a new more considered and researched approach. Unfortunately this approach will not show any fruits for the next few years.

Work in progress, we're right at the beginning of this board tenure and this manager, we have to be patient with it now, more than ever.

They have and are. Most of the bad decisions are remains from the previous board under Sexstone, Lansdown Sr and Price.

Lansdown Jr, Dawe and the rest are moving the club into the FFP era with a new more considered and researched approach. Unfortunately this approach will not show any fruits for the next few years.

Work in progress, we're right at the beginning of this board tenure and this manager, we have to be patient with it now, more than ever.

Well, we've been patient for a hundred-odd years. What's another few?

Well certainly feel more optimistic than with the Benny relegation. At least we have a manager who has previously got promoted from this league.

Could be worse. LJ's Oldham condemned Portsmouth to back-to-back relegations without kicking a ball.

I was principally talking about them. But some of the fans don't help

I think the fact that City still managed to get over 12k is somewhat amazing given the shite they have had to endure for 4 years now, this is nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the club, in fact to be honest the fans who seem to have taken this unnecessary relegation in their stride and telling everybody how great next season is going to be and we don't need a new stadium are the one's holding back the club, no ambition.

What, like Swansea and Norwich? It's that defeatist attitude by people at AG that keeps us a small team

Both clubs went backwards before forwards.

Both started their meteoric rise by making big changes to the club at league 1 level.

Both followed through with long term visions.

It was no short term fix with those clubs and nor will it be with us.

Patience. Allow a plan to finish before judging.

No more jam tomorrow promises, no more short termism and no more over spending on shite.

I'm gonna be supporting BCFC for the next 60+ years, getting things right over the course of 2-3 years isn't going to be so bad in the long run.

Short termism is the cancer that is killing the game in England. Plan for a better future and it will undoubtedly follow.

Fail to plan plan to fail.

Both clubs went backwards before forwards.

Both started their meteoric rise by making big changes to the club at league 1 level.

Both followed through with long term visions.

It was no short term fix with those clubs and nor will it be with us.

Patience. Allow a plan to finish before judging.

No more jam tomorrow promises, no more short termism and no more over spending on shite.

I'm gonna be supporting BCFC for the next 60+ years, getting things right over the course of 2-3 years isn't going to be so bad in the long run.

Short termism is the cancer that is killing the game in England. Plan for a better future and it will undoubtedly follow.

Fail to plan plan to fail.

The real problem is this, we have heard that rhetoric from Coppell, Millen, DMC and now SOD and from SL and the board for over 10 years, what makes SOD different, I hope he is the one, he may be the one, but this time I believe the fans need and deserve to be let into the action plan, to give us an idea of what to expect and what is actually achievable this time and some sort of timescale as to when we will see some change on the field, because that is what matters at the end of the day, not grand speeches we have heard them all before.

I think the fact that City still managed to get over 12k is somewhat amazing given the shite they have had to endure for 4 years now, this is nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the club, in fact to be honest the fans who seem to have taken this unnecessary relegation in their stride and telling everybody how great next season is going to be and we don't need a new stadium are the one's holding back the club, no ambition.

I can't believe there were more than 10k. in the ground tonight.

Whole rows of STH's missing around us, and the club wouldn't be too reassured with a straw poll of those around us who were there as to whether they intend renewing next season.The four long term STH's next to us definitely aren't going to.

We've got some great passionate fans at BCFC but the last few seasons really does seem to have knocked the stuffing out of many.

The real problem is this, we have heard that rhetoric from Coppell, Millen, DMC and now SOD and from SL and the board for over 10 years, what makes SOD different, I hope he is the one, he may be the one, but this time I believe the fans need and deserve to be let into the action plan, to give us an idea of what to expect and what is actually achievable this time and some sort of timescale as to when we will see some change on the field, because that is what matters at the end of the day, not grand speeches we have heard them all before.

SOD has done it before, SOD speaks more sense than any coach I've ever listened to, everything coming out of the club now is logical as opposed to rhetoric.

In times past we've seen how 'our aim is promotion' now our aim is to have our own identity. What could be better? we're never going to win anything, why not enjoy the ride of lower- middle league football playing the right way.

For years people have moaned about the quality of football and the lack of youth. as soon as we employ a manager who thinks forwards people cry out for a tea cup throwing dinosaur.

I'm jealous of you living in France, not for the weather but for the progressive nature of their game in comparison to ours.

It will come, I just completed my FA level 1 and if what they want at the youngest age can really come through then we'll be ok... Unfortunately you need everyone on board for it to work. Fans, players, coaches and parents.

SOD has done it before, SOD speaks more sense than any coach I've ever listened to, everything coming out of the club now is logical as opposed to rhetoric.

In times past we've seen how 'our aim is promotion' now our aim is to have our own identity. What could be better? we're never going to win anything, why not enjoy the ride of lower- middle league football playing the right way.

For years people have moaned about the quality of football and the lack of youth. as soon as we employ a manager who thinks forwards people cry out for a tea cup throwing dinosaur.

I'm jealous of you living in France, not for the weather but for the progressive nature of their game in comparison to ours.

It will come, I just completed my FA level 1 and if what they want at the youngest age can really come through then we'll be ok... Unfortunately you need everyone on board for it to work. Fans, players, coaches and parents.

you would rather watch French league football than the English leagues?..

you would rather watch French league football than the English leagues?..

To a degree, a lot more focus on youth at clubs like Auxerre. Not as many cancerous dinosaurs like Warnock, Pulis, Jackett etc.

a national team packed with world class technical players rather than athletes.

I'd much rather watch in Holland, Spain or Germany.

English football is backward.

JT I don't think fans want a tea cup thrower and nor do I, but it is rhetoric at the moment because we cannot compare anything SOD has done/said this season because it was doomed pretty much before he took over and it will remain rhetoric until we actually see the green shoots of revival, I and many others witnessed this sort of revolution under Alan Dicks who took 8/9 years to bring an incredibly talented group of youngsters aided by top drawer older players, we will need that mix it is very important.

But I truly believe that this time many fans have had more than enough because of this unnecessary relegation and deserve some sort of explanation and honesty about what to expect, I also believe this time it will need something well above average to bring the crowds back.

French players are technically far better than their UK counterparts and certainly far more disciplined especially in their private lives, they also are far more fan friendly, intelligent and media savvy. The french academies are better and have far better success rate at stepping up to 1st team level and also when you look at french squads they have players from all over the world, the french coaches are very clever at recognising raw talent especially from africa and south america and developing that talent, many great african players learnt their trade in france, a great example is Guingamp a side from northern brittany a fairly rural area, the town has a about 7,500 inhabitants and back in 2002 they were riding high in french ligue 1averaging 15,000 crowds and had Drogba and Malouda in their team.

and this is not unusual by any means the club I watch FC Lorient has made huge profits from young players they have brought on and improved, mind you they have a cracking coach in Christian Gorcuff in the Arsene Wenger mould in fact they are big buddies.

French football is generally a really family friendly environment, where rival fans can generally mix and drink together, parking is not a problem unless you are blocking an entrance, you can park anywhere and the french old bill don't give a toss, because it's all over in a couple of hours.

OK having said all of that french football can be soporific, slow and lacking in passion, I watched WHU v Manu last night a real good old fashioned 'come and have a go if you think your hard enough' type game with plenty of talking points, you rarely get that in a french game, again i'm very lucky FC Lorient under their coach do not play a typically french game, they play a fast one touch, high tempo in yer face pressing game, they don't give the opposition time to settle, top teams especially do not enjoy playing them, but they have some very talented players, 1 or 2 who undoubtedly will move on in the summer for big money, but you can bet your arse Gorcuff will bring more hungry young talent to replace them and as a coach he has proved in the past 2 seasons that you can sometimes polish a turd, Jeremie Alliadiere remember him? putting first class performances and scoring goals again, might be a suddenly sought after player.

Archived