IGNORED

Consolidation Not Promotion Next Season

Big Red Rich

Be prepared, we need to rebuild again to get back up. Just look at the likes Sheff Utd, Preston, Coventry etc.

Anyone who thinks we will walk it next season is in another world, best we can hope for is to sneak into the playoffs I think.

New team who will play how S'OD or whoever wants them to play. No wingers, battlers through the middle and another Adebola or similar up top.

Can't wait........

No wingers..... Must get rid of Ajala, burns, adomah and Anderson then I guess..... We will have wingers and use them. This season has simply been a case of not having good enough players in the team to make effective use of the wingers I.e. passers. Next season will be a diff kettle of fish. We will attack the league with a vengeance and come back stronger. CTID

How about both, can we do that? :yawn: Given the choice i would take the latter.

It will be hard, Wolves comming down with us it seems, that cant be good. We are not like Cov, more stable i think but we are fools to belive we can give it the big one, turn up and win 3-0 every game. Big fish again like it or not and teams will want to test themselves against us.

No wingers..... Must get rid of Ajala, burns, adomah and Anderson then I guess..... We will have wingers and use them. This season has simply been a case of not having good enough players in the team to make effective use of the wingers I.e. passers. Next season will be a diff kettle of fish. We will attack the league with a vengeance and come back stronger. CTID

Wingers hasn't been the 'SOD way' in the past I'm led to believe....

I'm not sure how many of the current squad will still be here, not many I would guess, but there's a huge amount of work to do. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, given the unprofessional way the club is run by the board, that we could be fighting relegation again next season.

Truth is none of us have a clue ! We can all speculate till the cows come home, but until we see what develops in the summer we ain't,got a clue.

It seems supporters are split. Many, the majority, all think SOD is the man to rebuild us. I recall his passing donny team stuffing us at the gate 2 4, getting unfashionable Doncaster into the championship and the upper reaches of the championship. Hold on for the ride.

I can only quote what Horace tweeted to RB:

"@bbcbristolsport Well, that's it. We've got the right manager, but it won't be that simple to bounce back."

I reckon a year's consolidation and promotion in 2015 would be the most sustainable outcome. Let's build a squad that isn't scrambling to avoid relegation when we do get back.

Without wishing to say I told you so but..... for Adebola read Harewood!

Good prediction, 2 sold and 2 not getting a look in!

Whilst surprisingly I'm not enjoying this season in the main so far, this is exactly what I expected. Remember when Johnson started with those 9 or 11 defeats in a row or whatever? We came good eventually that season and then really kicked on and I'm sure we will come good this season.

Keep the faith.

To be fair the other 2 aren't getting look in because of how well Bryan has done on the left wing and S.O'D bringing in Wagstaff.

I agree that this season and potentially next season are about re-establishing ourselves as a side who would be regularly in and around play offs/automatic promotion. Firmly believe S.O'D is doing what is best for the club, we've seen glimpses of the style of football he has been trying to install in the club and its what fans have been crying for years wanting from the club, now we're starting to play that way fans are disappointed because we can't instantly pick up that philosophy and win games with it.

Bottom line, some fans will never be happy.

Burns has had 540/540 minutes on the bench in the last 6 games and watched on while we have have hardly torn up trees.

The fact that he has been on the bench suggests that if needed, SOD would not hesitate to use him possibly wide or up front, rather than look at the players who presided over the current difficulties should we seriously advocate kicking out an 18 year old who is just out of our Academy and who is showing promise for the future.

Now i agree SOD doesn't seem inclined to go with natural width, however in three years Burns will be just 21 and will have developed significantly.

SOD may or may not still be around i hope he is by the way, but why on earth would he want to move Burns on, his on-cost is insignificant, where is the justification ?

What is the point of an academy that produces a player capable of making appearances in the championship at the age of just 18, so we can write him off so simply as we have suggested above... and in the name of what.... one man's current perceived philosophy.

That philosophy may change irrespective of if SOD is around or not if it doesn't get results

I genuinely hope SOD is not as short sided as some of our fans

Archived