IGNORED

Sod's Contract

NewquayRed

Has the manager or the club made a statement on this yet? would make me feel alot better knowing we had a stable pre-season to come.

Gutted this morning, just gutted

he has a 1 year rolling contract so is under contract until jan 2014

Basically it gives both side 12 months notice! Pre season is where most of the work is done so he has work cut out. We need stability now with planning starting today! He should recall our young players now as there is no need to 'protect' them now relegation is confirmed. Play them in the final games if they are in his plans. We have tried everything else to the tune of a £41 million point deficit so lets give youth a chance for a change.

Not as I understand rolling contracts - it's effectively a permanent (real world style) contract with a 12 month notice period

Aye true but he can leave in 2014 if he doesn't renew the agreement as thats when he orginally signed the first one,

Thats how I see it anyway

Aye true but he can leave in 2014 if he doesn't renew the agreement as thats when he orginally signed the first one,

Thats how I see it anyway

No, wrong. He can leave at any time but wouldn't be able to take up a job for 12 months without us receiving compo.

He is under contract 365 days from this minute.

In two days time he will be under contract for 365 days from that day.

In two years he will be under contract for 365 days from that day.

It's been explained so many times.

Basically it gives both side 12 months notice! Pre season is where most of the work is done so he has work cut out. We need stability now with planning starting today! He should recall our young players now as there is no need to 'protect' them now relegation is confirmed. Play them in the final games if they are in his plans. We have tried everything else to the tune of a £41 million point deficit so lets give youth a chance for a change.

This. He will also know which of the OOC players he is not going to offer a contract , they should take no further part in the season.

Archived