IGNORED

Our Future L1 Team Vs Birmingham

Fiale

Does anyone else think those playing tonight was close to our team for next season

Heaton, Moloney, Nyatanga, Bates, Cunningham, Adomah, Kelly, Kilkenny, Anderson, Baldock, Davies, Gerken, M.Wilson, Foster, Carey, Howard, Burns, Ajala

I know Heaton and Admoah will probably leave, and hopefully we will see Kilkenny, Bates and Foster, Howard join them - but 8 of the starting 11 I think will be here next season, and the sub bench with Burns, Ajala being joined by Bryan and Reid.

If so would it be so bad - they put in a pretty good performance tonight, not amazing but on the back of the season we have had expecting miracles at the end was a little unrealistic. We were not outplayed, and did not really deserve to lose. Baldock and Davies look good together, showing in the last games that they can create chances for each other. With a new commanding CB and CM (that we have all known we have needed for the last 2-3 seasons and is the prime reason we are in the situation we are) I would expect them to do well in L1 and be able to compete in the Championship if we get back up within the next few seasons.........

Agree; I think Davies will definitely go, Baldock might not have as many suitors. To be honest they must both be on some coin so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they both went. Taylor (if he can stay fit) should do ok in L1 and it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to give Burns or Krans a go alongside him. Presuming Albert, Davies and Cunningham are sold and that the rest of the OOC players leave, we probably have ready made replacements coming through for AA and GC. The thing is, we're still short in the same positions we seem to be short of quality in every bloody season- centre mid and centre defence

SL said in the Q&A that all the players have relegation clauses, and seeing as he knew the FFP constraints when Davies and Baldock were signed then the club should be able to afford them (especially considering 11 players are hopefully leaving at the end of the season).

Cunningham is under contract until 2016 (we spent a long time looking for a decent left back) and Baldock and Davies until 2015 - if the club are serious about building for the future with decent players then I fully expect the club to hold them to those contracts and for the players to be here next year.

I personally don't rate Taylor, and I cannot see how he will fit into a passing/move style of football we are hoping to see going forward. I fully expect to see Burns and Krans being part of the first team, with Bryan playing on the left wing (Anderson on the right).

Will any of the decent players we have wanna play in L1 next season? Somehow I dont think so.

Kelly may stop, but Maloney, Anderson, Cunningham, Heaton, Albert, Davies, & Baldock will want out. As to the others not mentioned, frankly I dont give a flying one if I never see any of em again.

Never ever wanna see such a rabble again, the Benny relegation team showed as much fire as this bloody rabble did....

SL said in the Q&A that all the players have relegation clauses, and seeing as he knew the FFP constraints when Davies and Baldock were signed then the club should be able to afford them (especially considering 11 players are hopefully leaving at the end of the season).

Cunningham is under contract until 2016 (we spent a long time looking for a decent left back) and Baldock and Davies until 2015 - if the club are serious about building for the future with decent players then I fully expect the club to hold them to those contracts and for the players to be here next year.

I personally don't rate Taylor, and I cannot see how he will fit into a passing/move style of football we are hoping to see going forward. I fully expect to see Burns and Krans being part of the first team, with Bryan playing on the left wing (Anderson on the right).

there does not seem to be any early indication that Krans will be part of the set up to begin with

in fact last night he went with Ajala

i keep hearing the Kevin Krans noises, but where is that coming from ?

Will any of the decent players we have wanna play in L1 next season? Somehow I dont think so.

Kelly may stop, but Maloney, Anderson, Cunningham, Heaton, Albert, Davies, & Baldock will want out. As to the others not mentioned, frankly I dont give a flying one if I never see any of em again.

Never ever wanna see such a rabble again, the Benny relegation team showed as much fire as this bloody rabble did....

They may all want out but realisticly where are they going to go? Would they all walk into championship teams? FFP will dictate clubs not wanting to just buy squad players for bigish fee's just to add depth. The amount of players available on free's atm suggests most of them will be here next season.

Why should any of them think they could stay in the Championship. They have proved that they are not up to standard. I would be surprised if we got many offers apart from perhaps the clubs coming up who don't know any better. They are responsible for our demise and they should drop down a division with the fans.

The unfortunate truth for every team that has ever been relegated is that the players you would like to keep are the ones other teams will be interested in signing and unsuprisingly the players you don't want are unlikely to be wanted by anyone else.

Therefore it goes without saying that we are unfortunately much more likely to have Foster, Pearson and Kilkenny in our squad next season than we are to have Adomah, Davies and Cunningham.

The unfortunate truth for every team that has ever been relegated is that the players you would like to keep are the ones other teams will be interested in signing and unsuprisingly the players you don't want are unlikely to be wanted by anyone else.

Therefore it goes without saying that we are unfortunately much more likely to have Foster, Pearson and Kilkenny in our squad next season than we are to have Adomah, Davies and Cunningham.

Well, that post has brightened my mood substantially.......!

I think we'll be surprised how many stay. The good ones are under contract and, as others have stated, have relegation clauses in their contracts. If they want to leave then somebody needs to buy them. If we've got players of the right character they'll recognise the potential in the club and SO'D and stick around. If we haven't, they are welcome to leave.

Archived