IGNORED

Matthew Smith - The Real Hero

TinnionForEngland

As some of you saw fit to sing and cheer for our overpaid wasters who have been a total disgrace this season, some of you could do well to read page 3 of the Evening Post. The twelve year old lad who proudly led the team out last night has had a leg amputated and overcome cancer. I suggest saving your applause for those who deserve it, well done Matthew, your parents should be truly proud.

As some of you saw fit to sing and cheer for our overpaid wasters who have been a total disgrace this season, some of you could do well to read page 3 of the Evening Post. The twelve year old lad who proudly led the team out last night has had a leg amputated and overcome cancer. I suggest saving your applause for those who deserve it, well done Matthew, your parents should be truly proud.

aye met him yesterday lovely lad (my nephew was also a mascot)

Absolutely. Puts football in perspective. Top lad good luck to him.

He will fight forever more because of Saturdays.

, never nice losing a fellow red! It doesn't matter who you are. Where you're from, what you've done or what you're going to do... If you're a red. You're a red and will have a place in a fellow reds thoughts. Never knew the story at the time about him but remember the game as we Lost 1-0 to birmingham in the game? Wade Elliot scored for them!

Let's hope his namesake can get a few goals in memory for him.

RIP Matt Smith

Archived