IGNORED

Willem Ii

chalky

Well it looks like Willem ii are also going to be relegated this season, sitting at the bottom of the table.

I'm still really keen to go and watch them, especially after seeing this video on Youtube ...

Whose been over before? Is there city flags at the game?

i am sorry but for holland that is not great compared to some of the things i have seen on youtube

Fair enough, not claiming they are the best fans in the world and far from the best I have seen on youtube like yourself.

However, there is a clear link between supporters of the 2 clubs, you only have to see the flags in the EE to know that - and the atmosphere is still a lot better than our own.

You may think this one is a bit better...

However, there is a clear link between supporters of the 2 clubs, you only have to see the flags in the EE to know that - and the atmosphere is still a lot better than our own.

For Gawd's sake, that's hardly difficult.

Compared to years before, the Gate is like a morgue.

How can you have atmosphere when fans can't stand up, and get stick from stewards and other fans for singing or shouting?

These days it feels like you're at a tennis event or some crappy cricket match.

Good friends of mine, been over there for the Den Haag game, one of the best games I have been to in years. They made us so welcome it was unbelievable.

When Den Haag seen the City flags and started singing "Bristol W**kers", 3/4 of the ground, live on Dutch tv starting singing "Bristol City", to drown them out. Shivers went down my spine, unbelievable experience. Top, Top lads and "Lady".

Good friends of mine, been over there for the Den Haag game, one of the best games I have been to in years. They made us so welcome it was unbelievable.

When Den Haag seen the City flags and started singing "Bristol W**kers", 3/4 of the ground, live on Dutch tv starting singing "Bristol City", to drown them out. Shivers went down my spine, unbelievable experience. Top, Top lads and "Lady".

Intrigued why the "lady" bit is in quote marks. Not a friend of Coppell's is she?

Wow. Would love to experience that.

Sounds worth it for that alone! We should earmark a game next season for a load of us to attend a specific game, who's in?

• Admin

Sounds worth it for that alone! We should earmark a game next season for a load of us to attend a specific game, who's in?

There will be, like Dafarms mentioned, there are frequent visits between the two sets of fans

Even if it clashes with a City game?

yeah, the last trip clashed with a City game

If it is please do it when we play Carlisle away, I'm actually tempted by this, always wanted to see a foreign match live

Yeah we should plan it for an away game that few will go to, probably going to stay in Amsterdam and get the train down on the day... Only hour 30 mins on the train, have people stayed in Tilburg before? What's that like?

Did Willem compete in the Champions League going back to the mid-late 90s?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willem_II_(football_club)

According to this, yes. They finished 2nd in the 1st division in the 98-99 season, they were eliminated in the group stage the following season getting 2 points from 6 games! Must have been some good trips for the fans though!!

Archived