IGNORED

Big Gate At Rovers

sglosbcfc

Just read a comment on the Rovers' fans forum criticising our gate of 12,000 last night. It has led me to pose the following question which I genuinely don't know the answer to -

When was the last time that Rovers attracted a home league gate of 12,000 plus?

No prize for the winner, but I will admire your knowledge of ancient history.

Well they haven't been able to achieve 12,000 at the Memorial Stadium nor would they have been able to get above that at Twerton, so it would be the Eastville days - nigh on thirty years ago!!

Are they really criticising our attendance?? That is complete comedy if they are!! They've sold out the Mem SIX times in seventeen years, so to claim the moral high ground on our attendance last night just beggars belief. What world are they in??

Well they haven't been able to achieve 12,000 at the Memorial Stadium nor would they have been able to get above that at Twerton, so it would be the Eastville days - nigh on thirty years ago!!

Are they really criticising our attendance?? That is complete comedy if they are!! They've sold out the Mem SIX times in seventeen years, so to claim the moral high ground on our attendance last night just beggars belief. What world are they in??

When they moved back to Bristol from Bath loads of Sags argued with me that they would soon be by far the best supported team in Bristol.....still waiting for that to happen. Of course when/if they get the UWE Bowl they will be packing it out with 20,000 every week, :laugh:.

You ARE joking? It was about 6k with two thirds City !

I know I was there !

I just looked it up, it was 9k.

The year before they fluked a 1-0 win with the wind behind them. Nearly 13k, steady on Gas! It was however mostly City. I was in the crap stand, I mean the best stand, I mean the only stand.

I guess the answer is 1985, 28 years and counting.............

i thought 12k was pretty good (after getting 13k saturday), the game was always just going to confirm our relegation, and with the crap we have put up with the l ast 3 seasons we have still averaged over 13.5k so far this year. i dont think a lot of other teams in our position would have, certainly not rovers! just had a quick nose on their forum, all they talk about is us....complete inferiority complex and they seem to think our wage bill is STILL 18 million and we will be going bust! for any gasheads reading that was the start of last year we have severely slashed the wage bill and have relegation clauses in contracts........as for laughing at our attendances, take a long hard look in the mirror first!

It's actually quite worrying seeing some of the comments on the rovers forum. I mean who in their right mind would start criticising a team for poor attendances are more than double those of their own team. And then again, who in their right mind would be spouting off at all and sundry that a team two leagues above them has been relegated - so er they're still one league above us - er hooray!

I honestly cannot think of a more deluded set of fans - I really can't.

All this talk of surpassing city and leaving us in they're wake when they move to the SGB - it reminds me of Derrick trotter: this time next year Rodney...............

Just read a comment on the Rovers' fans forum criticising our gate of 12,000 last night. It has led me to pose the following question which I genuinely don't know the answer to -

We haven't even had a ground that could hold 12,000+, since Eastville in the mid eighties.

I just looked it up, it was 9k.

The year before they fluked a 1-0 win with the wind behind them. Nearly 13k, steady on Gas! It was however mostly City. I was in the crap stand, I mean the best stand, I mean the only stand.

I guess the answer is 1985, 28 years and counting.............

Are you sure?

It was the last derby at Eastvile 1-1, I'm sure it was 6 possibly 7. The following week they 4 for Chesterfield, their last game.

i thought 12k was pretty good (after getting 13k saturday), the game was always just going to confirm our relegation, and with the crap we have put up with the l ast 3 seasons we have still averaged over 13.5k so far this year. i dont think a lot of other teams in our position would have, certainly not rovers! just had a quick nose on their forum, all they talk about is us....complete inferiority complex and they seem to think our wage bill is STILL 18 million and we will be going bust! for any gasheads reading that was the start of last year we have severely slashed the wage bill and have relegation clauses in contracts........as for laughing at our attendances, take a long hard look in the mirror first!

just to clarify. The 12,000 was tickets sold. I would bet there were about 9,500 in there last night.

Just thought it a little strange to criticise a team that attracts a gate double their own, in fact at times it has been treble their own.

Yeah, it is a little strange when you consider we've been bottom for weeks and the have been pushing up the table under Ward.

But then they only took 180 to Bradford for their 'all or nothing' match last week. When they see our following at Hull on Sky TV, Friday they will claim that in our position they would be filling up the away end. Deluded ****s.

Probably back in the days of Warboys and Bannister.. they had a decent team back then or when Ollie and his scrawny muppet mates were playing... they soon dropped off when Rovles were top of Div 3 in March, was it, and ended up outside the pray offs. I did have a little chuckle that day.

Archived