IGNORED

O'driz Sticks One On The Lansdowns?

Kid in the Riot

SOD's pre-Hull interview on player has made me chuckle. 7m 30secs in.

On budgets:

"That's something that's completely new to everybody I think who've been here before me. To actually work within a budget. I don't think there's been budgets for anything."

Gotta admire his honestly and not towing the party line. Ok, it's what we all knew/suspected was going on anyway under SL but for the new-ish manager to come out and say it is pretty unprecedented!

Fair play I say, we need a strong character and strong leadership to get us out of this mess and it appears we have at least one who's not afraid to tell it like it is.

SOD's pre-Hull interview on player has made me chuckle. 7m 30secs in.

On budgets:

"That's something that's completely new to everybody I think who've been here before me. To actually work within a budget. I don't think there's been budgets for anything."

Gotta admire his honestly and not towing the party line. Ok, it's what we all knew/suspected was going on anyway under SL but for the new-ish manager to come out and say it is pretty unprecedented!

Fair play I say, we need a strong character and strong leadership to get us out of this mess and it appears we have at least one who's not afraid to tell it like it is.

My thoughts exactly fella.

He is without doubt the man to oversee all the change that will be happening at the club.

Get the impression that O'Driscoll is not the happiest bunny at present and is basically saying what he thinks and to hell with what the circus upstairs thinks about that.

The question is whether our Board have the balls to put up with it and give him the chance to do the job they appointed him for.

There are Jellyfish, swimming in the oceans of this planet with more of a spine than the current hierarchy at the Gate. A turbulent and troubled summer awaits us I fear.

Get the impression that O'Driscoll is not the happiest bunny at present and is basically saying what he thinks and to hell with what the circus upstairs thinks about that.

The question is whether our Board have the balls to put up with it and give him the chance to do the job they appointed him for.

Or.............................. with this "365 day" rolling contract he has know he can push his luck and too hell if they sack him as he gets a years pay ?

He has a valid point. How often have we heard there aren't transfer budgets or we'll always try and support the manager. That's not necessarily a bad thing but there needs to be a strategy to spending. I personally think that the 60% wage limit will be a good thing for the club moving forward.

By GOD THE SOD REVOLUTION HAS STARTED!

My post was not a criticism of SOD, given the proper support, time and a free hand I have faith in him to take us forwards, I agree with everything he says about how the club is run. I said on another thread we could do with a Karen Brady type to come into the club and shake it up from top to bottom. Before anyone asks, no, I don't know where we could find such an individual.

My post was not a criticism of SOD, given the proper support, time and a free hand I have faith in him to take us forwards, I agree with everything he says about how the club is run. I said on another thread we could do with a Karen Brady type to come into the club and shake it up from top to bottom. Before anyone asks, no, I don't know where we could find such an individual.

I agree but understand by my statement I mean 'BY GOD THE SOD REVOLUTION HAS STARTED'

And 'VIVA LA SOD REVOLUTION' ........ in the same sentence........ it's all positive!

Our most recent period of success was under a manager who came in when were a shambles and did the job that needed to be done, even if it caused a fair few to have their noses put out of joint.

It sounds like SOD is also looking to do the job that now needs to be done even, if it puts a few noses out of joint. It also sounds like SOD has a good understanding of the financial requirements in the brave new world of ffp and league 1. Fingers crossed he goes on to achieve something close to GJ.

Our most recent period of success was under a manager who came in when were a shambles and did the job that needed to be done, even if it caused a fair few to have their noses put out of joint.

It sounds like SOD is also looking to do the job that now needs to be done even, if it puts a few noses out of joint. It also sounds like SOD has a goog understanding of the financial requirements in the brave new world of ffp and league 1. Fingers crossed he goes on to achieve something close to GJ.

All spot on, those now infamous "Hand grenades" in the changing room were what we needed then, and now we need a manager to go and throw some in the Board Room. It's going to take a stubborn yet totally focused individual to sort this mess out.

Or.............................. with this "365 day" rolling contract he has know he can push his luck and too hell if they sack him as he gets a years pay ?

Sack him for telling the truth??

What's the issue with a 1 yr rolling deal anyway. Did you know Gary Johnsons 5 year deal is due to end this summer?

Cannot even see why people see it as bashing the Lansdowns - I read it to mean that the club have given people money to spend on players/wages/facilities without restricting them to a set amount (budget) - now we are going into L1 due to FFP and the greatly reduced income people are being given a budget ------ really, that's whats being used to get another dig in at the club ?!

Really wish some people would grow up and stop stripping every thing said by club employees apart looking for perceived digs/attacks.

Sack him for telling the truth??

What's the issue with a 1 yr rolling deal anyway. Did you know Gary Johnsons 5 year deal is due to end this summer?

Truth ???

Its SOD's opinion, the word "THINK" that he uses twice in the sentence is the give away !!!!

And I have no issue, Im highlighting a point you and a lot of posters keep saying "long term" not exactly long term is it ?

Gary Johnson's as you rightly point out was/is long term so you got what you wanted and that didnt work out, your very confusing.

Truth ???

Its SOD's opinion, the word "THINK" that he uses twice in the sentence is the give away !!!!

And I have no issue, Im highlighting a point you and a lot of posters keep saying "long term" not exactly long term is it ?

Gary Johnson's as you rightly point out was/is long term so you got what you wanted and that didnt work out, your very confusing.

GJ shouldn't have been given a 5 yr deal. A 1 year rolling contract can be as long term as either party wants, nothing confusing there.

Come on, we knows Lansdown's pursestrings were out of control.

Haha, 'error in your thinking'?! It's called my OPINION.

Ha ha, you did it again !

You say long term then your against long term deals.

You say SOD states the truth I point out he says he "thinks".

You think we are doing well under SOD I show you the stats that state on our current form we will be worse off than when we were managed my McInnes

And not once have you responded but swerved and come up with some other confusing opinion/thinking, I could go on but theres no point your opinions and "THINKING" clearly differs from mine.

I just hope your proved right and not me, I trust you would agree with that ?

Archived