IGNORED

Financial Fair Play

dziekanowski

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

anybody read the small print on how ffp will affect us now we will be in league 1?

it look like we can only spend 60% of income on players wages, so that would mean a drop of the club spending £14 million on players wages last year to roughly £7 million next season

is this going to possible?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

anybody read the small print on how ffp will affect us now we will be in league 1?

it look like we can only spend 60% of income on players wages, so that would mean a drop of the club spending £14 million on players wages last year to roughly £7 million next season

18 million wage bill was for 2011/12 season McInnes said he dopped this by half but I don't think this is true so lets say he knocked 6 million off for arguements sake that gives us 12 million,

We have 12 players out of contract lets say the combined cost of these is 3 million thats puts it at 9 million, the rest of the senior players have a wage reduction clause in case of relgation for arguements sake lets say its 30% which would put our wages at 6.3 million next season before we've signed a player,

but in reality we just don't know until the accounts are produced in october for 2012/2013,

Lets just let the board worry about that for the minute

ignoring its you lot (as im obviuosly happy for you to struggle) but You would think clubs that are relagated would get a period of grace to sort it , for you lot to go from a 157% of turnover on wages to just 60% must be near impossible especailly as turnover will drop as well.

Going to be tough times ahead , injuries to players are the killer , at some points this season at rovers we ghad 60% of our wage bill on the treatment table but rules being in place like this meant no more signings could be made

The rules have good intentions but need tweaking a bit

Bring your boots to matches next season - just in case.

ignoring its you lot (as im obviuosly happy for you to struggle) but You would think clubs that are relagated would get a period of grace to sort it , for you lot to go from a 157% of turnover on wages to just 60% must be near impossible especailly as turnover will drop as well.

Going to be tough times ahead , injuries to players are the killer , at some points this season at rovers we ghad 60% of our wage bill on the treatment table but rules being in place like this meant no more signings could be made

The rules have good intentions but need tweaking a bit

just read this, this will help us out,

The wages of any playericon1.png signed prior to September 1, 2012, on a contract of three years or longer, such as Greg Cunningham, will not be included in the figures for the first year after relegation

300K a year average for the top 16 players in the squad with 130k average for the bottom 16 players in the squad = £7 million assuming there is a 32 man squad. #I'm sure they will be fine 7 Million seems high though.

300K a year average for the top 16 players in the squad with 130k average for the bottom 16 players in the squad = £7 million assuming there is a 32 man squad. #I'm sure they will be fine 7 Million seems high though.

I checked the turnover for 2005/2006 was ~6M thats league one gates and money, so the money divied up would be more like 4m so about a 30% pay cut for that imaginary 32 man squad. They will be OK still.

Heard the contractual pay cut due to relegation is 40%. A few players will be itching to leave. Expect some bids from Championship clubs for the likes of Cunningham, Davies, Baldock at the lower end of our expectations.

we may have bids but we don't have to accept them remember that,

I heard 50% but I think it would be nearer 30%

we may have bids but we don't have to accept them remember that,

I heard 50% but I think it would be nearer 30%

If we don't accept bids for un happy players, how will they be of use to us next season where everyone needs to be pulling together if we want to achieve promotion?

A un happy player always gets what he wants, ALWAYS. Player power dictates....

Financial fair play and financial fair play. We got a bunch of lazy overpaid tits employed from top top to bottom who on ten times the money are outclassed by clubs like Barnsley and Peterborough. Bristol is a cosy corner and people are more or less braindead. Last heard sallaries was 152 percent of turnover for close to nothing. Potential for improvement is immense (strongest word I know of).

WAKE UP!!

If we don't accept bids for un happy players, how will they be of use to us next season where everyone needs to be pulling together if we want to achieve promotion?

A un happy player always gets what he wants, ALWAYS. Player power dictates....

Not always look at tevez or odemwingie or what ever that strikers name is at west brom

It's down to the club whether the bid is suitable or not

I think the truth is surely something like this:

• 2011-12 - turnover = £11M - wages = £18M (160%) - loss = £14M - FFP target (unenforced) < £12M loss - FAILED!
  • 2012-13 (estimated) - turnover = £11M - wages = £14M (130%) - loss = £10M - FFP target (to be enforced) < £10M loss - hence reduced spending on emergency loans etc.
  • 2013-14 (projected) - turnover = £8M (loss of £2M TV money + season tickets + sponsorship etc.) - enforceable FFP requirements wages < 60% = approx £5M

On this basis the debt is already £10M more than reported - we await news of how much SL is prepared to convert to new (worthless) equity but FFP requires that at least half of the 2012-13 loss must be

More critically (I hope) the 2012-13 wage bill must be cut by £9M or almost two thirds!

• If the contractual reductions on current player contracts can contribute more than £2M towards this reduction I would be surprised;
  • If all the out-of-contract players leave this might contribute a further £4M to £5M;
  • on this basis we will still be left with a black hole of £2M to be filled even before we replace any of the out-of-contract players

If any of these figures are anywhere near correct we will have little choice but to accept any offer we get (including offers to take them off our hands) for any/all of our existing (contracted) high earners. Inevitably the better players will attract the offers and the highest paid / lowest value players will attract none.

The only good news I can see is that IF SO'D can construct a competitive squad with a £4.5M/year wage budget it will go a long way (perhaps all the way) to reducing the annual operating loss to a sustainable level and thereby reduce our dependency on SL going forward

It is to the club's credit (for once) that a head coach has been appointed who is aware of and understands these constraints and seemingly has not been misled

Whilst the doubters have a point (SO'D has proved little in his first three months) we have no choice but hope he is the man for the long haul

I, for one, won't be judging SOD until at least christmas next season, (unless it has all gone spectacularly wrong).

He needs time to get rid of those who don't want to be here, those who through necessity have to be sold and then bring players in who can do a job for us at the right price/wage.

That will take time and some tinkering. His teams in the past have all had good reputations for playing neat, skilful football with no hoofball whatsoever. The fact we've resorted to it on occasions since he's been here suggests a lack of understanding on our current players' part and an element of panic or desperation.

If he gets time (and lets face it, there will be an element of our support on his back from the beginning of the new season), then he will get it right...

Don't forget, we're not the only club in this position, our debt to SL is largely meaningless as he's not, and probably never will be calling it in, like the banks would) so we only really need to worry about operating losses, and that although difficult, isn't impossible.

Time and patience is the key, there is still lots to be optimistic about...

Archived