IGNORED

We Are Top 'the League, Say We Are Top 'the League...why We Went Down?

Steve Watts

Throughout most of this season, we've lacked a certain toughness, or ruthless streak in all senses. This is highlighted by us being top of the fair play league. (see link).

Personally I think this lack of an edge has contributed to our downfall, thought I certainly didn't realise we hadn't had a man sent off at all this season.

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739#

Throughout most of this season, we've lacked a certain toughness, or ruthless streak in all senses. This is highlighted by us being top of the fair play league. (see link).

Personally I think this lack of an edge has contributed to our downfall, thought I certainly didn't realise we hadn't had a man sent off at all this season.

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739#

Interesting

Also noticed we've got no players in the individual player discipline list and when it comes to assists, there's just Albert, when many clubs have 2 or three players in the table.

Just sums up what our eyes were telling us this season ..... not enough players really committed and fighting for the shirt and our only attacking outlet was Albert, and he was missing for a fair few games as well for ACON.

When McInnes signed Ricky Foster I came on here and said, "If this is the quality of player you're signing then you're more likely to get relegated than promoted."

I think a few Dons fans came on and said much the same thing, but we were shouted down like the 'bitter sweaties' that we are.

14 months later... don't say you weren't warned.

Now, let's get down to business.

We've a bright, young, up and coming manager at Pittodrie, and you should definitely swoop down and steal him away like you did Ricky Foster.

Please... swoop down and steal him away like you did Ricky Foster.

:sign09:

When McInnes signed Ricky Foster I came on here and said, "If this is the quality of player you're signing then you're more likely to get relegated than promoted."

I think a few Dons fans came on and said much the same thing, but we were shouted down like the 'bitter sweaties' that we are.

14 months later... don't say you weren't warned.

Now, let's get down to business.

We've a bright, young, up and coming manager at Pittodrie, and you should definitely swoop down and steal him away like you did Ricky Foster.

Please... swoop down and steal him away like you did Ricky Foster.

:sign09:

:laugh: if you are lucky he will sign Ricky back!

Bad luck with del. He was a bit of a clueless shocker. Nice bloke though, which seemed to keep him in the job a bit longer than he should have been in it.

:laugh: if you are lucky he will sign Ricky back!

Bad luck with del. He was a bit of a clueless shocker. Nice bloke though, which seemed to keep him in the job a bit longer than he should have been in it.

We've just suffered through two and a half seasons of Craig Brown's own peculiar brand of 9th place (in a 12 team league) football. His philosophy seems to be if you have enough bodies behind the ball you might get a draw. And if the other team scores THEN you can cross the half way line in search of that glorious equaliser. It was as exciting to watch as you might imagine.

The signing of McInnes, following his sacking by Bristol City was probably inevitable. He's mediocre at best, and he was unemployed. Unemployed was EXACTLY what our board was looking for in a manager. The fact that McInnes is also mediocre (maybe even sub-mediocre) was just a lucky bonus for our forward-thinking and highly ambitious board.

We've got our sights set on that fantastical 8th spot for this season, though. In a league with only one half-way decent team (Celtic) 8th place shouldn't be beyond McInnes.

Two questions...

What sort of 'football' should we expect.

Are you going back up next season?

Yes, I mentioned this January-time. Pussies :(

We've just suffered through two and a half seasons of Craig Brown's own peculiar brand of 9th place (in a 12 team league) football. His philosophy seems to be if you have enough bodies behind the ball you might get a draw. And if the other team scores THEN you can cross the half way line in search of that glorious equaliser. It was as exciting to watch as you might imagine.

The signing of McInnes, following his sacking by Bristol City was probably inevitable. He's mediocre at best, and he was unemployed. Unemployed was EXACTLY what our board was looking for in a manager. The fact that McInnes is also mediocre (maybe even sub-mediocre) was just a lucky bonus for our forward-thinking and highly ambitious board.

We've got our sights set on that fantastical 8th spot for this season, though. In a league with only one half-way decent team (Celtic) 8th place shouldn't be beyond McInnes.

Two questions...

What sort of 'football' should we expect.

Are you going back up next season?

Hard to describe, his football was a bit nondescript, but with no organisation, expect continual chopping and changing of formations, and different personnel each week. I reall y could not tell you what style of play del tried to instil down here, it was neither flowing passing or hoofball, a bit of everything, but to no real system

We won't go up, I reckon we will be scrubbing around at about 10th - 7th while we rebuild.

Archived