IGNORED

Installments

CARLE08

Interest free but a £30 administration fee. Hmm :noexp:

Think I read somewhere that the club would need to charge £60-70 per person per game to break even via match day admission alone, and that's if we sold out.

I'm sure we have better-knowledged posters to correct me but I'm also sure you'll agree that as soon as the issue of player wages is addressed the better.

Give me my City back !!!

does the club ever offer for season ticket holders to pay in installments if nothey should!!!

Technically I suppose no, the club do not. A third party credit agency do though and the club advertise it. The club still gets paid upfront. Barclays did a cracking deal on a credit card for season tickets, not sure if that is still running?

The club wouldn't be interested in running a instalment plan themselves because their not remotely interested in helping supporters. What they are interested in is getting the money up front in the summer. So this way. The club gets the money up front. People like me who can't afford to pay up front get to spread the payments. + the finance company make a profit. So everybodys happy ( ish)

The club wouldn't be interested in running a instalment plan themselves because their not remotely interested in helping supporters. What they are interested in is getting the money up front in the summer. So this way. The club gets the money up front. People like me who can't afford to pay up front get to spread the payments. + the finance company make a profit. So everybodys happy ( ish)

just as well you're so devoted, then?

just as well you're so devoted, then?

The club cant afford to not have the cash up front, its simple cashflow principles. This is the best compromise available and an extra three quid a month is hardly material to the payee. Im just thankful that in these times the club offer an installment deal so I can still get a season ticket.

The club cant afford to not have the cash up front, its simple cashflow principles. This is the best compromise available and an extra three quid a month is hardly material to the payee. Im just thankful that in these times the club offer an installment deal so I can still get a season ticket.

It's amazing that the club are spending 160% of turnover on players' wages, hence covering 60% via loan and debt, yet still allow a third party to profit off City fans whilst also leaving City fans 'just thankful' they can afford to attend.

The income generated by S/Ts and POTD is surely a small percentage of the total, yet it's still squeezed. Hard times, indeed.

Its not run by the club. Its run by a finance company. They give the club the money up front then get it back from the customer through monthly direct devit payments. The £30 is their profit!

surely it could not be too difficult for the club to deal with this in-house?..bound to be someone at the club could sort this easily without having to employ anyone else or go outside?..i understand the up-front aspect but maybe with one or two of the stupidly overpaid moved off the bill the club will be able to help the fans.dont know how much/if other clubs charge for instalments??

But why would the club want to bring it in house?as it stands they get the money up front and have to do nothing as all the administration is done by the finance company. If the club brought it in house they'd miss out on the money that is currently paid up front by the finance company. City don't want the money in ribs + drabs over a season.they want it in the summer when theirs no other income

It's amazing that the club are spending 160% of turnover on players' wages, hence covering 60% via loan and debt, yet still allow a third party to profit off City fans whilst also leaving City fans 'just thankful' they can afford to attend.

The income generated by S/Ts and POTD is surely a small percentage of the total, yet it's still squeezed. Hard times, indeed.

Sorry, but thats just the way the world works nowadays, like it or lump it!

Of course, the other school of thought here is the club wanting to hedge their bets. Rather than exposing themselves to the risk that some people will sign up to pay in installments and then default, they sensibly use a third party to manage this process whilst having their money guaranteed.

What advantage would their be in the club running this scheme? Exposed to more financial risk and a shed load of additional administration.

But why would the club want to bring it in house?as it stands they get the money up front and have to do nothing as all the administration is done by the finance company. If the club brought it in house they'd miss out on the money that is currently paid up front by the finance company. City don't want the money in ribs + drabs over a season.they want it in the summer when theirs no other income

..no advantage to the club,just the fan-may have my head in the clouds with this one.i know it goes both ways,club without the fans,fans without their club but if an individual were to default just cancel the whole arrangement..

Of course, the other school of thought here is the club wanting to hedge their bets. Rather than exposing themselves to the risk that some people will sign up to pay in installments and then default, they sensibly use a third party to manage this process whilst having their money guaranteed.

What advantage would their be in the club running this scheme? Exposed to more financial risk and a shed load of additional administration.

With season tickets now being electronic, surely if anyone did default on their repayments, then the club would just cancel the season ticket, thus denying the holder entry?

With season tickets now being electronic, surely if anyone did default on their repayments, then the club would just cancel the season ticket, thus denying the holder entry?

They so that now,

Anyway the club is not a bank it can't do it themselfs I'm sure it's against the law hence the 3rd party

Some one with a bit of finance I love you may be able to answer it

They so that now,

Anyway the club is not a bank it can't do it themselfs I'm sure it's against the law hence the 3rd party

It's essentially a loan so I guess you'd have to be regulated by the FSA which I'm assuming, the football club is not.

Its like care insurance, pay up front its cheaper. Pay monthly it's more.

They so that now,

Other than Steve Lansdown that would be?

Archived