IGNORED

Glory Hunting

BUTOR

A month or two ago at the Blackburn away game, I met a man who said he had switched from Exeter to City this season. The reason because he couldn't stand league 2 football, and he was fed up of the same old crap most years (bit harsh to be fair), he then went on to say he had traveled to every away game this season and would continue to do so until the final game vs Charlton. Is this glory hunting?

He had obviously gone to great lengths to support City this season, but I just don't see how you can switch from a club that is in your blood and you have supported all your life, in his case Exeter, to a team that despite the poor season is in a higher league and more well known.

I am only curious as I saw a argument on here about having a premier league or top club as your second team. So is what this man said he had done still glory hunting, despite the effort and the dedication he was putting in to support City? After all, City are still local.

I only think you can be a gloryhunter if you support a team that has a chance of "glory". In other words, cups, league titles, European football.

I don't get how you can change your team from one you've followed for years, but if that change is to City it can't be called gloryhunting.

Perhaps a fairweather supporter is a better description.

I'm moving to Manchester in 8 weeks, been to UTD a couple of times and whilst I've enjoyed it, I'd never considering swapping my allegiance from Bristol City.

Next season I will look forward to Oldham and the like away, but if I'm honest I will prob see more of Man U and Man C than I will of "my club", sad state of affairs, but logistics dictate unfortunately.

I'm moving to Manchester in 8 weeks, been to UTD a couple of times and whilst I've enjoyed it, I'd never considering swapping my allegiance from Bristol City.

Next season I will look forward to Oldham and the like away, but if I'm honest I will prob see more of Man U and Man C than I will of "my club", sad state of affairs, but logistics dictate unfortunately.

There will probably be six or seven City away games within an hour or so of Manchester so no excuse for not watching City fairly regularly. Also the cost of getting in will be lower than what you've been paying for the last six years.

There will probably be six or seven City away games within an hour or so of Manchester so no excuse for not watching City fairly regularly. Also the cost of getting in will be lower than what you've been paying for the last six years.

I don't need an excuse :laugh:!

Looking forward to visiting a few new grounds but my excitement stops there, can't see me going to Ashton Gate next season.

Archived