IGNORED

Scott Murray/gary Johnson

exiledinwatford

I have always been puzzled as to why Scott only made 4 starts and 10 sub appearances in our first Championship season - particularly when you consider that he scored in our first two matches getting what should have been a brilliant winner at home to QPR in our opening game and the equaliser in our second game at Blackpool. He only featured twice after Christmas!

I'll always wonder what would have happened had he started 30+ games instead of Ivan.

Can anyone remember why GJ didn't give him more of a run in the side?

I have always been puzzled as to why Scott only made 4 starts and 10 sub appearances in our first Championship season - particularly when you consider that he scored in our first two matches getting what should have been a brilliant winner at home to QPR in our opening game and the equaliser in our second game at Blackpool. He only featured twice after Christmas!

I'll always wonder what would have happened had he started 30+ games instead of Ivan.

Can anyone remember why GJ didn't give him more of a run in the side?

He wasn't up to Championship football as simple as that. He moved to Reading in the Championship when he was younger and didn't do very well. Ivan Sproule was the fastest player in the Championship, so although he wasn't technically very talented he certainly offered the City team a different option.

He played in the win against Norwich where brooker scored in the last min . Unfort for scott he looked out of his depth. Don't think he played after that, was a shame as only time i ever felt that about him in a city shirt

He did play a couple of times after that. His last game for us was our final home game of the 08/09 season against Sheffield Wednesday. He was past his by that point though to be fair.

You can't argue too much with Ivan in our first season up in the championship although i'd loved to have seen Scotty terrorising championship defences.

Archived