IGNORED

Bates?tangs

leadman

Based on the fact that we've dropped down a division and if people expect us to unearth a Caulker or attract anyone better they are in cuckoo land.

Those two are more than adequate for the third division.

Doesn't matter what League they are playing in, they will make mistakes.

If someone buys Fontaine & Foster I'd be over the moon.

Nyatanga (Bambi) probably would do OK in L1 but I won't be unhappy to see him go, Bates is out of contract and will just leave anyway.

Is the Mcfazden guy still on the radar I wonder?

Based on the fact that we've dropped down a division and if people expect us to unearth a Caulker or attract anyone better they are in cuckoo land.

Those two are more than adequate for the third division.

Agreed.

Don't see where we will sign a lot better? I have never been a fan on tango, but due to his drastic improvement under SoD I would keep him if finances permit.

Still young, and would prob be good enough for lge 1.

I would keep both, I don't think they are likely to stay though.

I thought Nyatanga had done much better since SOD came in.

Both could be decent defenders in the Championship, it really wouldn't surprise me to see Championship clubs trying to sign them.

As individuals they are both good players, as part of a good confident team they would do well.

Blimey, if you've had said that in August I'd have put the mortgage on us finishing 24th........

Agreed Woodsy.

Thing is, he's not actually done anything wrong this year. If he'd played all season (on current form) and someone else had played as well as him (Fontaine has cost us at least 15 points this season.) we might not be in the mess we are....

Agreed Woodsy.

Thing is, he's not actually done anything wrong this year. If he'd played all season (on current form) and someone else had played as well as him (Fontaine has cost us at least 15 points this season.) we might not be in the mess we are....

No doubt, the constant presence of Fontaine in our starting line up this year has been a big part of the failure

Don't know what's happened to the bloke this season, but when you think he was on the verge of joining Southampton not so long back it's mad to see how far his stock has fallen. Sad too, players getting criticised is all part of the game, but he's been a popular player in his time here - a little bit of me can't help but think it's a real sad way for him to end his City career (presuming he does leave) in this manner

Convinced he'll play his part elsewhere for another Championship club

As for Tangs, I've been presently surprised from recent showings, but not sure whether I'd keep him around to be honest. Could we lose every single centre back on the books this summer??

Archived