IGNORED

Anyone Just Back From The Gate?

Bristol_Badger

Living in S.A at the moment.

Can someone please give me an overview of today's horror show with player ratings?

Cheers

It was abject as others have said.

I don't think any of the starting line-up deserves more than 5 with 4 or 3 being average and Bates and Foster on maybe 1 each. I think each made one tackle all game.

No-one would be interesting scouts unless they were from the glue facory.

We looked much more steady with, er, Steady and once we even managed to retain possession for more than 10 seconds. Carey and Howard were brought on too late to make any real impact.

Of course, many of us thought our three subs should've been starting.

Overall though, with crap passing, crap tackling, crap positioning, poor first touch, lack of player awareness, that was as poor a game as I've seen there all season and probably lost 500 season ticket renewals.

"We weren't good enough" said S'OD. Well no sh!t Sherlock! And your team selection was where this lack of being good enough started, matey!!

I've seen some poor performances over the past 6 years, but that was right up there with them. That was absolutely piss poor. I think we (the fans deserved a lot more than that.

I honestly thought we'd give Huddersfield a game today. I'm so disappointed.

I can't argue with that. I thought we'd have to wait a long time to see another performance as bad as the Wolves home game ( the game I realised we just weren't good enough or putting the effort in), but this game was every bit as bad if not worse.

We were down so should have been able to play without pressure, disappointment yes, but not relegation pressure. We were relegated a week ago, its not as if the results of last nights match had doomed us, but we played like we had just heard the bad news and couldn't be arsed to do anything about it, talk about being on the beach already.

We should have played with pride and passion that playing as a professional player should automatically demand. They let themselves down, their club and ultimately us fans. The thing is not many will care, at least not in the way we do.

SOD couldn't play a "weakened" team today because Udders were in the relegation fight. Lets see who plays at Charlton...

Thought he did!

Would have liked to have seen at least a couple of youngsters , give us bit of hope and view of the future, think S O D got it wrong, if he thought the players would be up for it and go down fighting didnt look as any could give a s**t, if any were playing for their future here or with other clubs, ha! If you were a scout, would you recommend signing any of them?

I can't argue with that. I thought we'd have to wait a long time to see another performance as bad as the Wolves home game ( the game I realised we just weren't good enough or putting the effort in), but this game was every bit as bad if not worse.

We were down so should have been able to play without pressure, disappointment yes, but not relegation pressure. We were relegated a week ago, its not as if the results of last nights match had doomed us, but we played like we had just heard the bad news and couldn't be arsed to do anything about it, talk about being on the beach already.

We should have played with pride and passion that playing as a professional player should automatically demand. They let themselves down, their club and ultimately us fans. The thing is not many will care, at least not in the way we do.

There ought to be a way or a clause in their contracts that they have their pay stopped or reduced when they put in a performance like that! If I went in work and stood around doing nowt, sure I wouldnt get paid,

Oh hang on, I do

Oh RedM won't you just...just hold me for a minute (I recall you're a woman, if not, then I retract the plea)?

I kind of think SOD does and I respect him for it because he knows we all deserve better...... he might go round the houses to explain that to us though

Thought he did!

Would have liked to have seen at least a couple of youngsters , give us bit of hope and view of the future, think S O D got it wrong, if he thought the players would be up for it and go down fighting didnt look as any could give a s**t, if any were playing for their future here or with other clubs, ha! If you were a scout, would you recommend signing any of them?

As I said in another thread, I reckon a lot of that shower don't want another club. They're happy at the South Bristol Rest Home for Alleged Footballers.

Archived