IGNORED

Putting It Out There...

I wasn't expecting Barca football but I wasn't expecting to go to AG and spend most of the game watching tangs lump it up field to there centre back

Well this is more or less what's been dished up in the last few seasons!!

Swap Tangs with most defenders and nothing is, or has been, different.

When GJ started to get things right we used to play in tight little triangles, up and down the park, all match long.

What's happened since the beginning of the first championship season I just don't know!!

Well this is more or less what's been dished up in the last few seasons!!

Swap Tangs with most defenders and nothing is, or has been, different.

When GJ started to get things right we used to play in tight little triangles, up and down the park, all match long.

What's happened since the beginning of the first championship season I just don't know!!

I don't think some of our players know how many sides a triangle has.

You cant play pass and move when no one is moving. Watching Hudersfield make continuous short runs in all directions was in complete contrast to City continually half jogging all in the same direction or just plain standing still.

We had movement when O'Driscoll first took over. Today our team were already on the beach. Even the walk out was half hearted.

Completely agree MC.

It summed up the afternoon when a long ball (what else) out of our defence got weirdly held up in the air by a gust of wind and landed short of Davies who was being shadowed by one of their midfield. The Huddersfield player anticipated where the ball would land and sprinted forward to take uncontested possession. Davies just stood there with a look like "how did he get there?"

To say we weren't at the races until Stead's appearance understates it by a massive degree. Not at the races, not at the race course, not even in the same county as the races more like!

What upset me was players who normally give their all (albeit in an often inept way) like Marvin, looked like they couldn't give a sh!t. Marv strolled around the pitch like he was in a 40-a-side game of beach football and was anticipating a swift return to the bar. Which mentally of course, is where he was.

Yesterday was very poor but in virtually every other home game until then, we have played well under SOD.

We dominated most of the Sheff Wed, Bolton and Birmingham games but came out with just a point.

Not sure what happened yesterday but it was a shambles from start to finish and SOD has to take some of the blame for that, regardless of how bad the players efforts were.

Answering your first statement, I have seen teams at U12 level play swift passing football, And pass and move into space always wanting to receive the ball. I mean these U12 can't be better than our professionals we have, Every Professional Footballer can pass and move! That's why I think it's down to the coaching for the past 3 years, Focusing on defending when we all know the opposition can't score when we have the ball, It's basic football knowledge, Maybe you don't understand football?

Yes but under 12s can't do at championship level can they. The other poster is completely right.

No because there U12, I don't see your point there?

If youngsters have the footballing brain to pass the ball and move why can't our professional footballers do the same?

Completely agree and the Bristol women showed way more skill today than our lot have shown in years. If the women could compete physically with the men, the Bristol Academy women who played today would have walked all over that lot yesterday, in terms of skill, passing, thought, movement and anything else connected with football.

I think we'll eventually realise that relegation was the only way to get rid of the parasites who've been bleeding our club dry for so many years. Will be glad to see the back of them.

Completely agree and the Bristol women showed way more skill today than our lot have shown in years. If the women could compete physically with the men, the Bristol Academy women who played today would have walked all over that lot yesterday, in terms of skill, passing, thought, movement and anything else connected with football.

I think we'll eventually realise that relegation was the only way to get rid of the parasites who've been bleeding our club dry for so many years. Will be glad to see the back of them.

Sadly true.

We've been changing managers for 3 years now while the same players produce poor performances on a regular basis. I hope we get it right now and see some major changes on the pitch. It's like changing the curtains when the carpets worn out! Whats been said on here before is right. These players cannot play the give and go football that other teams use against us and tear us apart. Yesterdays result wasn't in doubt after Huddersfields first attack, before they actually scored. I wonder though if So'D will be able to bring in the right players to suit his game on next seasons budget. Thank goodness this seasons over.

Archived