IGNORED

Yesterdays Set Up/changes

Brislingwood Red

As bad as the current crop are, a number of issues baffled me yesterday.

We played a side with everything to play for yet still were a bottom 5 side. We ourselves had nothing to play for other than maintaining some pride in the shirt. So why set up with what is 3 centre midfielders and Adomah? Why no Anderson or Burns on the left hand side? Numerous times we'd move it inside to Kilkenny who'd look for an outlet on the left hand side, before having to turn back inside to a congested middle. If was visible after the first 10 minutes so I presumed we see a change at half time.

Also, Richard Foster. The only reason he mustve stayed on was maybe he was one of the worst trainers on Friday and it was seen as punishment. How this chap played Champions league football is beyond me.

Then some changes. First Stead comes on. Fully agreed as his effort can sometimes instill some pride and give us supporters something to shout about. But we end up putting the man SO'D believes will get goals next season on the right hand side, bringing Adomah over to the left. Surely you'd want to give Baldock the opportunity to play up top alongside Stead or Taylor for a good half hour as that seems the plan for Baldock next season. Instead we push him out to the right, to accommodate Steve Davies who looked disinterested from the moment he walked out the tunnel.

The 2nd change was the arrival of Brian Howard for Davies. This must mean Howard will be getting a new deal next season? Otherwise why was Burns or A.N Other not on the bench for such a change.

Continually hear a good talk from O'Driscoll and I fully understand he has a tough job on his hands but hope he can deliver some pride back in the shirt as yesterday was as woeful as I've seen.

Archived