IGNORED

Tommy Mooney

ThOmO

with tommy mooney out of contract with the Swine, would you rather sign him than Lee Peacock, id say roughly on the same money??, I know id rather have the 24 plus goals of mooney, plus he hold up the play and links the midfield with the front.

After all both are out of contract and therefore fair game for a signing.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

He was Only on 1k a week the season just gone , dont no what type of contract will be offered this time round but I'm pretty sure Swine Town are still restricting new contracts to £ 1 ,000 a week , whether or not he would leave Swindon is another matter to , and hes already shwon this year he bottles under pressure , which City are going to be under a lot of this up and coming season :laugh::laugh:

I'd have Mooney in a shot if it were financially viable and he wanted to come. Just the sort of powerful player we need to lead the line.. I've alwasy rated him. Not a pretty player, but really gets the job done in front of goal.

It would appear Mr King is stalling on offering him a deal, everyone else on planet earth would offer him some sort of contract but it hasn't happened... We need Mooney like Brighton need Knight. There maybe something we don't know... He lives Midlands area and Colin Lee was sniffing around him just before Walsall sacked him... Dunno if Merson wants him too... I pray he'll still sign... I doubt it though. Booo.

Taken from Sky Sports/Planet Football

Tommy Mooney is looking for his future to be resolved next week, but he is yet to be offered a new contract by Swindon Town.

The 32-year-old bagged 20 goals for The Robins after arriving at the club from on a free transfer last summer, but he is not certain that he will be at The County Ground next season.

"I'll be speaking with the gaffer (Andy King) again and I would hope by the middle of next week that I'll know whether I'll be a Swindon Town player next season," said Mooney - who has been linked with a move to Walsall.

"As it stands I haven't yet been offered a new contract by the club. I do have other people to speak to but I am hoping to stay and haven't opened formal talks with anyone else.

"With a couple of additions over the summer, I believe we would have a good chance of promotion next season. The pressure will be on for us to succeed and I am hoping to be part of things.

"I'm not a mercenary who just wants a year here and a year there before looking for the next move. That's not me at all."

Seems he wants to stay there, whilst Walsall are also interested in him. Presumably he lives in Swindon (or the surrounding area), so surely if they aren't going to renew his contract and we were to approach him, then a move here could be a possibility. It's not as if he'd have to move half way across the country is it...

He can score goals still, and also may be able to take the younger strikers under his wing?

Archived