IGNORED

Give Youth A Chance

old_eastender

.........................................Carey........................................

...........................................................................................

.............................Carey................C.Jones........................

N.Battersby.....................................................Cunningham

...............................Kelly............Reid.................................

Ajala.........................................................................Bryan

..........................................................................................

..............................Burns...........Krans

Are they ready though? Only SOD knows.

There is only one way to find out really, play them, give them some games, have a good look at them. Some players excel when you give them a tough challenge, it's a game where the outcome doesn't matter for either team. We are terrible for giving youngsters a go, wasn't Gary Johnson quoted that hey would need about 70 games before he would consider them ready for us, ludicrous.

.........................................Carey........................................

...........................................................................................

.............................Carey................C.Jones........................

...............................Kelly............Reid.................................

Ajala.........................................................................Bryan

..........................................................................................

they would get absolutely thumped! what's the point in doing it? They'll get thumped, it's not good for anyone at the football club!

they would get absolutely thumped! what's the point in doing it? They'll get thumped, it's not good for anyone at the football club!

At least they'll get some experience and maybe do something with that experience. In case you didn't notice we got thumped playing our senior squad, so we'll get thumped anyway. I'd much rather see this team than the one that got us relegated.

At least they'll get some experience and maybe do something with that experience. In case you didn't notice we got thumped playing our senior squad, so we'll get thumped anyway. I'd much rather see this team than the one that got us relegated.

The difference being that the senior squad got us into this position and the experience of relegation isn't an ideal scenario to chuck youngsters into. That said, I would like to see a couple make the bench again. We will have a full pre-season to give youngsters a chance though.

Holloway will be released. Reid won't be the player everyone seems to think he can be. Still though.

We just had a terrible game, there is nothing gained in the next game and SO'D must realise that this time around. Get Burns, Ajala, Krans, Wilson and Bryan in the game at the very least. Then look at Castanheira, Dobie, Hall and Batten.

Charlton are also calling for some youth to be played in their starting 11. It's a match that means nothing for both sides, so why bother playing the same old boring crap that is likely to be even more heavily thumped than the youngsters? It would also keep the fans from complaining so why not?

Holloway will be released. Reid won't be the player everyone seems to think he can be. Still though.

We just had a terrible game, there is nothing gained in the next game and SO'D must realise that this time around. Get Burns, Ajala, Krans, Wilson and Bryan in the game at the very least. Then look at Castanheira, Dobie, Hall and Batten.

This ones on the money, reid seems to flatter to deceive, holloway well ive only seen him play once and he didnt seem that interested as for the other lads givem a go

It would probably also result in us being fined for fielding an understrength team, last thing we need right now.

Curtis Jones is on trial at Oldham, doesnt have a future here

I love this sort of post.

Curtis Jones left us two weeks ago (he's now on trial at Oldham apparently) and I reckon 2 more of these will be released next week.

That midfield must be the most lightweight I've ever seen.

God only knows what Kelly has done to be one of only 2 usual starters to merit selection, either.

I love this sort of post.

Curtis Jones left us two weeks ago (he's now on trial at Oldham apparently) and I reckon 2 more of these will be released next week.

That midfield must be the most lightweight I've ever seen.

God only knows what Kelly has done to be one of only 2 usual starters to merit selection, either.

i agree entirely and have said so in another post

i would be happy to see Bryan Burns and Reid..... possibly Ajala involved in some capacity

the rest simply are not ready and the boss knows that as he has been watching them at U21 for weeks... where to be honest they are not ripping up trees.

Burns started like a house on fire at FGR M.O.M v Mansfied (champions by the way) scoring the winner v Southport....then struggled while being played at left wing

SOD is not keen on wingers in the conventional sense and i suspect if Burns is involved it will be in support of Stead and in place of Davies in a fairly fluid role, using his pace.

Hence he may have been slightly irritated with with Hockerday for the way burns was being used if you belive the rumours... i am not sure, i think if he is on the pitch its a learning curve and up to him to adjust.

Toby could come on and his pace will be useful late on

the rest are not ready from what i have seen anyway

Bobby and Joe if available should be involved as well... certainly Joe.

Luke Dobie, Jack Batten and the other midfielder who just recently signed proper deals?

Ridiculous. You realise playing one Championship game in a team which they play alongside in the U21 league anyway will teach them nothing? The learning comes from playing alongside the senior players, passing and moving and learning the way they play. Playing with the team that they play alongside every week at a weaker level in the Championship will teach them nothing except how to get thumped.

By all means, play Bryan, Burns, maybe one other, but they have to be alongside the senior team in my opinion.

Thankfully, we appear to have a manager who will not be swayed by any other opinion than his own - and, importantly, would not be the type of person to fall back on the 'well, you got what you asked for' excuses when playing young lads at the wrong time turned pear-shaped. If SOD wants to try something he will, if not, he wont - simples! In the case of youngsters, particularly in midfield, going forward, IMO, he will only play lads who he believes can be productive in a 'possession' style of play - which is a big ask for a 18 / 19 / 20 yo.

Archived