IGNORED

Just A Thought

BrizzleRed

Watching that pathetic shower performing on Saturday really got me thinking.

First thought was, thank god this terrible season is coming to an end, as us supporters have really gone through it following this club over the last three years or so. Then there was the terrifying realisation that some of those underperforming muppets are still under contract, so will still be leeching off us again next season. Clearly there are some that no other club will be crazy enough to take on, given performances this season and the wages they would be asking, so we could be stuck with them. The way I see it, if we don't get rid of these parasites somehow, this club just wont be able to move forward.

Then a thought struck me. We all know finances are going to be very tight next season and also realise just how much SL has pumped into the club so far. As an alternative, would it work if rather than stumping up more money for a transfer budget for next season, albeit at a very reduced level, could SL pay up these wasters' contracts instead? If that is feasible, I wonder if that would fit with the new 60% regulations, because it would instantly reduce our wage costs and also free up the budget for bringing in new recruits, who hopefully want to play for this club, rather than suck it dry.

Does anyone out there know if paying off these players before next season begins would still count on next season's financial figures as salary costs within the 60% rule?

I know people on this forum are often accused of freely spending SL's money for him. What we also know is he will probably continue to do this, but what I'm advocating is for just one year, he uses his annual spend in a different way to move the club forward. He must be sick to death of seeing his millions chucked away with very little return, so could this be a way of finally clearing the decks of this grossly overpaid dross that's dragging this club down and therefore help move the club closer to being self-supporting?

This would allow us to truly have a fresh start and give SOD the best possible chance to create 'his' club, which isn't held back by people who have been the root cause of why we now find ourselves back in Div 1. These 'players' have been responsible for some of the most gutless performances during a relegation 'fight' that I've ever had the misfortune to witness. Imho, these parasites need to be treated like a cancer and cut out.

As I said ......... just a thought, so has it got any legs???

This is a very interesting post. Could we for example pay off a few wasters now to free up budget for next year. i guess the answer would be yes but SL would be loath to do it. in the case of kilkenny for example id say do it now as no one else will want him and he will be of little use to us next year.

If SOD doesn't want certain players around the squad next season (and I've no idea if that is the case or not), then I would think that they would be offloaded one way or another. He won't want any distractions leading into his first full season with the club.

He's seen enough to know who he wants to work with and it'll be interesting to see how things develop over the next few months.

This is the big problem though. I'm sure SOD has already made up his mind who he wants to keep, but we know how long it will be before clubs start making any offers for players during the close season ....... and that's supposing anyone offers us anything for any of ours, other than Albert or Skuse, who if rumours are true has been linked with Palace.

The only other ones I can see attracting offers are the ones we'd be hoping to keep, which just leaves us with the dross. I wouldn't be at all surprised if certain players would be content to sit out the rest of their contracts, even if they weren't playing, which would just jam up our wage budget with people we don't want at the club.

With the new rules, we maybe need to bite the bullet and get rid NOW, and start looking to build what will probably be a smaller squad for next season with the players SOD wants, rather than the ones he's been stuck with so far.

It sounds like SOD puts a lot of value in having time to get players to buy into his philosophy of how he wants the game played, which appears to have been his reason for not bringing anyone in during the last transfer window. That to me means, the earlier he can start bringing in his own players, the better it will be for the club in the long-run.

This is the big problem though. I'm sure SOD has already made up his mind who he wants to keep, but we know how long it will be before clubs start making any offers for players during the close season ....... and that's supposing anyone offers us anything for any of ours, other than Albert or Skuse, who if rumours are true has been linked with Palace.

The only other ones I can see attracting offers are the ones we'd be hoping to keep, which just leaves us with the dross. I wouldn't be at all surprised if certain players would be content to sit out the rest of their contracts, even if they weren't playing, which would just jam up our wage budget with people we don't want at the club.

With the new rules, we maybe need to bite the bullet and get rid NOW, and start looking to build what will probably be a smaller squad for next season with the players SOD wants, rather than the ones he's been stuck with so far.

It sounds like SOD puts a lot of value in having time to get players to buy into his philosophy of how he wants the game played, which appears to have been his reason for not bringing anyone in during the last transfer window. That to me means, the earlier he can start bringing in his own players, the better it will be for the club in the long-run.

Skuse is OOC. We won't be getting offers for him, besides he's already agreed a deal with Ipswich if some on here are to be believed.

I don't expect SL to be paying anyone to leave at this stage , because you never know who's stupid enough to buy some of our dross , after all ,we did.

Skuse is OOC. We won't be getting offers for him, besides he's already agreed a deal with Ipswich if some on here are to be believed.

I don't expect SL to be paying anyone to leave at this stage , because you never know who's stupid enough to buy some of our dross , after all ,we did.

This is true .......... hopefully there IS someone as stupid as us, though I very much doubt it unfortunately.

Just imagine clubs contemplating Fontaine or Foster. 'Now what would we be getting? The two worst defenders in the worst defence in the Championship, who are reputedly on very good wages'.

I know there are some muppet owners in football these days, but their manager would have to do a really good sell to convince them that either of those two are worth a punt!

This is true .......... hopefully there IS someone as stupid as us, though I very much doubt it unfortunately.

Just imagine clubs contemplating Fontaine or Foster. 'Now what would we be getting? The two worst defenders in the worst defence in the Championship, who are reputedly on very good wages'.

I know there are some muppet owners in football these days, but their manager would have to do a really good sell to convince them that either of those two are worth a punt!

Don't forget Southampton were looking to pay £1M? for Fontaine in the not too distant past. Foster has played for Rangers in the Champions League(!) and may well be an attractive proposition north of the border. Don't underestimate the ego's of managers who think they can make A silk purse out of sows ear (or as it known locally A midfield out of Skuse and Elliott)

Don't forget Southampton were looking to pay £1M? for Fontaine in the not too distant past. Foster has played for Rangers in the Champions League(!) and may well be an attractive proposition north of the border. Don't underestimate the ego's of managers who think they can make A silk purse out of sows ear (or as it known locally A midfield out of Skuse and Elliott)

Nice one! :laugh:

I haven't forgotten that one, or the fact that the saints pulled out because of a dodgy knee, so not only has his form bombed since then, but he's also a crock!

As you say, Foster may attract someone from over the border, but Aberdeen fans sounded horrified when there was a rumour that he may be going up there. Let's just hope that rumour IS true. :pray:

I think our best hope is your ego suggestion tbh.

Archived