IGNORED

Barca Shirt

stephenkibby.

thats it then im burning my barca shirt.

where can i get a bayern shirt before the kids get hold of them?

I've got a few, its gonna cost you, and some are old, it will make you look a proper supporter :)

got hold of 2 galatasary for me and a mate after they had knocked manu out.just to wind up the plastics at our football club.

as you can imagine it was wasted on them,most didnt reconise the shirt!!

I can understand using most teams shirts to wind Man Utd fans up...but the most horrible club in world football :huh:

Its interesting how clubs rise and fall . Ajax shirts used to be one of the most recognisable in the world. Not now. A whole generation probably barely knows them. It doesn't seem THAT long ago they were such a top team.

I really impressed the youngsters at work by answering a trivia question with Ajax. It was about winning something in the 70s and it was always Ajax or Bayern Munich then so it was a guess but it was right.

Then in the 80s it was the Italian clubs dominating to the extent that Channel 4 even ran a weekly programme from there.

Now it's the Spanish.

Here it was Liverpool winning everything for years with Everton a close second and now it's Man Utd.

It was most enjoyable watching Barca getting tonked again.

Always good for a top team to be brought down to earth once in a while. We just need Manure to get thrashed a couple times next season and enable some new team to win the title; the Prem really is very boring these days. I hope Arsenal can get back to challenging or any team come to that other than the two mans.

It was most enjoyable watching Barca getting tonked again.

Always good for a top team to be brought down to earth once in a while. We just need Manure to get thrashed a couple times next season and enable some new team to win the title; the Prem really is very boring these days. I hope Arsenal can get back to challenging or any team come to that other than the two mans.

Arsenal won't challenge, they're too afraid to spend like the "big boys" do, if Mourinho goes back to Chelsea then they are more likely to challenge and in all fairness to United they've made a great signing in RVP and deserved to win the league, no-one else even put in half the challenge that they did.

I like an upset as much as the next footy fan but hating a team because they are successful is pointless, just means you're always going to hate a team just because they do well.

What, more horrible than the sags?

Galatasaray or the Sags - difficult, that.

Mind you, I had a Kurdish mate who supported Besiktas and City, so he hated both of them. Imagine his surprise when he turned up at the Inonu Stadium to see Alan Walsh on the team sheet :o

Arsenal won't challenge, they're too afraid to spend like the "big boys" do, if Mourinho goes back to Chelsea then they are more likely to challenge and in all fairness to United they've made a great signing in RVP and deserved to win the league, no-one else even put in half the challenge that they did.

I like an upset as much as the next footy fan but hating a team because they are successful is pointless, just means you're always going to hate a team just because they do well.

Spike, you're utterly clueless and I've known this for a while.

I propose a bet of a 2013/2014 replica shirt from BCFC.

If Arsenal spend over 60m in the summer you buy me one, if they spend less than, I'll buy you one.

If Arsenal spend over 60m in the summer you buy me one, if they spend less than, I'll buy you one.

Either way, they've got no chance of winning the league

Spending like the big boys isn't just a cash amount, it's the targets themselves. Spending £60m doesn't mean anything when you spend it on the wrong players and it's certainly not spending like the big boys.

Arsenal spent £46m last season... who did they buy that Alex Ferguson would have targeted? Podolski.... :laugh: Giroud? Cazorla? They've scored 32 goals in the Premier combined, who did Ferguson buy, RVP, from Arsenal for £27m who scored 25 in Premier League games on his own.

You only have to look at the facts of those signings to see that spending money doesn't mean anything if you can't spend it right. Arsenal are not title contenders because they can't buy like Champion teams do, they can't attract the top names, instead they create them and sell them.

Arsenal:

Podolski - 9 goals - £10m

Giroud - 11 goals - £10m

Carzola - 12 goals -£16m

Man Utd:

RVP - 25 goals - £27m

My point is Arsenal have spent almost as much, if not more than United this season, doesn't mean they spend like a top team, they just spend smaller amounts more frequently on lesser players.

United spent £67m this season on players and only made £13m from sales, Arsenal spent £46m but made £50m from sales, making them a selling club, something they'll always be under Wenger rather than a title chasing team. They aren't in for the title, they are in it for the top 4 and to break even or make profit.

So in summary you can keep your bet because I agree with you, they'll spend big, but they'll sell too (if they have anyone left to sell) and they won't aim to win the title, they'll aim for top 4 so they can keep making themselves money, if Wenger is even there.

Oh and just a note, you can keep your insults they are the sign of someone who cannot accept a different viewpoint, we all have our own opinions on here, I have mine and I understand you have yours but insulting someone just because you don't agree with them is just a sign of ignorance, you have your own opinions as I have mine, neither can be 100% correct in a discussion based on opinions.

Spending like the big boys isn't just a cash amount, it's the targets themselves. Spending £60m doesn't mean anything when you spend it on the wrong players and it's certainly not spending like the big boys.

Arsenal spent £46m last season... who did they buy that Alex Ferguson would have targeted? Podolski.... :laugh: Giroud? Cazorla? They've scored 32 goals in the Premier combined, who did Ferguson buy, RVP, from Arsenal for £27m who scored 25 in Premier League games on his own.

You only have to look at the facts of those signings to see that spending money doesn't mean anything if you can't spend it right. Arsenal are not title contenders because they can't buy like Champion teams do, they can't attract the top names, instead they create them and sell them.

Arsenal:

Podolski - 9 goals - £10m

Giroud - 11 goals - £10m

Carzola - 12 goals -£16m

Man Utd:

RVP - 25 goals - £27m

My point is Arsenal have spent almost as much, if not more than United this season, doesn't mean they spend like a top team, they just spend smaller amounts more frequently on lesser players.

United spent £67m this season on players and only made £13m from sales, Arsenal spent £46m but made £50m from sales, making them a selling club, something they'll always be under Wenger rather than a title chasing team. They aren't in for the title, they are in it for the top 4 and to break even or make profit.

So in summary you can keep your bet because I agree with you, they'll spend big, but they'll sell too (if they have anyone left to sell) and they won't aim to win the title, they'll aim for top 4 so they can keep making themselves money, if Wenger is even there.

Oh and just a note, you can keep your insults they are the sign of someone who cannot accept a different viewpoint, we all have our own opinions on here, I have mine and I understand you have yours but insulting someone just because you don't agree with them is just a sign of ignorance, you have your own opinions as I have mine, neither can be 100% correct in a discussion based on opinions.

you can't compare cazola to RVP as they play in two different postions and to be fair 16 goals from a midfielder is a great return, I'd be intrested in his assists too,

Archived