IGNORED

Our Pitch

marmite

The article from Marina Dolman mentioned our pitch. I commented to my mate at the last home game about how superb the pitch looked on the last home game of the season. We have been blessed with good grounds men and subsequently good playing surfaces for a number of years now and I think the staff responsible should be applauded for their efforts. It is certainly good enough for Premiership football. What a shame our players could not perform on it! Well done to the grounds men.

The article from Marina Dolman mentioned our pitch. I commented to my mate at the last home game about how superb the pitch looked on the last home game of the season. We have been blessed with good grounds men and subsequently good playing surfaces for a number of years now and I think the staff responsible should be applauded for their efforts. It is certainly good enough for Premier League football. What a shame our players could not perform on it! Well done to the grounds men.

You know, that is another thing that I think has got worse. Not dramatically, but definitely not quite as good as it was 5 years back. Is more football played on it now? That said this is from what it looks like from my eyes, not what it is like to play on. The temporary training goals certainly leave some areas looking threadbare from early on in the season. Just in a area I would have thought a defender or keeper would want a ball to run true.

• Admin

You know, that is another thing that I think has got worse. Not dramatically, but definitely not quite as good as it was 5 years back. Is more football played on it now? That said this is from what it looks like from my eyes, not what it is like to play on. The temporary training goals certainly leave some areas looking threadbare from early on in the season. Just in a area I would have thought a defender or keeper would want a ball to run true.

It doesn't look as good has it has done, but still a very flat surface.

With the rain and snow over the winter I think the team should be congratualted on their efforts

Is this because we employ 9 people with forks to potter about at half time checking the pitch is okay. Ridiculous for a club cutting costs

You think? Who do you think looks after the training pitches at failand and Filton? As well as AG? Magic pitch preparing fairies?

You think? Who do you think looks after the training pitches at failand and Filton? As well as AG? Magic pitch preparing fairies?

And you know how much those fairies get paid? Bread and milk don't come cheap these days, you know...

Archived