Elland Road - 37,914 (Leeds)

King Power Stadium - 32,312 (Leicester)

Villa Park - 42,785 (Birmingham)

Kingsholm - 16,115 (Gloucester)

Stadium MK - 30,717 (Milton Keynes)

Amex Stadium - 30,750 (Brighton)

Sandy Park - 12,300 (Exeter)

• Admin

I wonder if this is a good indication that AG8 will be redeveloped?

The RWC committee would not have wanted a ground with only three sides being used and the fourth being a building site

Appears I was correct

"The addition of Sandy Park follows the recent announcement by Bristol City Football Club of a complete redevelopment of Ashton Gate. After discussion with the club, it was agreed that the redevelopment timetable will prove challenging for the staging of matches in autumn 2015. In order to ensure the tournament utilises venues all over the country, an additional stadium in the South West of England has been identified."

Why Sandy Park was added

Interesting that England v Wales is at Twickenham. Did they toss a coin?

**** Wales, they kicked up a right stink about playing it at the Millenium, pretty clear the branding says 'England 2015' - it was never going to be played at their 'home' ground

Chuffed that Kingsholm, the real home of rugby, have got Scotland & Argentina coming to play there. Will def be going to those two games

**** Wales, they kicked up a right stink about playing it at the Millenium, pretty clear the branding says 'England 2015' - it was never going to be played at their 'home' ground

Chuffed that Kingsholm, the real home of rugby, have got Scotland & Argentina coming to play there. Will def be going to those two games

Kingsholm the real home of rugby? Went to a game a couple of seasons back and the fans were a nasty bunch.

Kingsholm the real home of rugby? Went to a game a couple of seasons back and the fans were a nasty bunch.

In what way? What game did you see? Barf can get a little out of hand, but I've had trouble there, only place seen it at a rugby game, and it was started by the home fans

How does that make Kingsholm not the real home of rugby though? You may have come across some *****, they are everywhere you know, but for passion and knowledge of the game nowhere comes close. Ask opposing players about The Shed - it's known, and respected, worldwide

In what way? What game did you see? Barf can get a little out of hand, but I've had trouble there, only place seen it at a rugby game, and it was started by the home fans

How does that make Kingsholm not the real home of rugby though? You may have come across some *****, they are everywhere you know, but for passion and knowledge of the game nowhere comes close. Ask opposing players about The Shed - it's known, and respected, worldwide

It was Bath. Been to the Rec a few times and it was nothing like Kingsholm. Maybe it was a one off but thought it was over the top that day.

It was Bath. Been to the Rec a few times and it was nothing like Kingsholm. Maybe it was a one off but thought it was over the top that day.

Gloucester and Bath really don't like one another! It's as close to a football atmosphere as you'll find at a rugby game, that's for sure. If you're basing it on that then you really should sample another game. I would tell anyone to get on the train to Kingsholm and have a few beers and enjoy a game of rugby. Prefer it much more than going to the football nowadays

I've been to Kingsholm a few times with Bristol, never really had a problem, although I remember being stood in the old Worcester Road end, before it was redeveloped and celebrating a Bristol try and getting a few evil looks! Did go for a drink in one of the pubs after the game and had a craich with the Gloucester boys. Would much rather watch a game at Kingsholm than the wRECk any day.

I had a bit of banter with some of the fans in the Shed there last year watching Ireland play the baabaas after they were giving out to ROG. Was mostly good-natured apart from one idiot who was frowned down by almost all the Glaws fans around him.

Lovely proper rugby ground, always a pleasure to visit, especially since we tonked them there in the 2008 Heineken Cup quarter final, good memories.

I had a bit of banter with some of the fans in the Shed there last year watching Ireland play the baabaas after they were giving out to ROG. Was mostly good-natured apart from one idiot who was frowned down by almost all the Glaws fans around him.

Lovely proper rugby ground, always a pleasure to visit, especially since we tonked them there in the 2008 Heineken Cup quarter final, good memories.

Please don't mention Heineken Cup and Munster in the same sentence......have sleepless nights still about the 33-6 game you mention under your posts!

And doesn't everyone outside of Ireland hate ROG - he's fair game in my book :)

Please don't mention Heineken Cup and Munster in the same sentence......have sleepless nights still about the 33-6 game you mention under your posts!

And doesn't everyone outside of Ireland hate ROG - he's fair game in my book :)

Haha, sure. I still have nightmares about the Northampton and Leicester (hand of Back) finals and then last year's quarter final against Ulster so I feel your pain.

Naw, I'd no problem with the fans giving out, just a bit of friendly banter back about Tindall (who captained the BaaBaas that night) and most of us had a good laugh. The truth is that plenty inside Ireland hate him as well, but I can't think why when you look at everything he's done in a green jersey, nevermind the red of Munster.

There is a Rugby Ground in Bristol already , if the WC was coming to Bristol , it should have gone there.

In October later this year the Mem will host the Cook Islands v USA in the Rugby League World Cup - the only time in the forseeable future any Bristol Stadium is likely to host any World cup action.

Haha, sure. I still have nightmares about the Northampton and Leicester (hand of Back) finals and then last year's quarter final against Ulster so I feel your pain.

Naw, I'd no problem with the fans giving out, just a bit of friendly banter back about Tindall (who captained the BaaBaas that night) and most of us had a good laugh. The truth is that plenty inside Ireland hate him as well, but I can't think why when you look at everything he's done in a green jersey, nevermind the red of Munster.

I assumed that ROG was treated as a piece of national treasure over there? Ok, so he's no BOD, but he's done a lot of good things for club and country

Hand of Back, that seems like a very long time ago! Always fancied Munster away in the HC, who knows - we may get over there next year!

I assumed that ROG was treated as a piece of national treasure over there? Ok, so he's no BOD, but he's done a lot of good things for club and country

Hand of Back, that seems like a very long time ago! Always fancied Munster away in the HC, who knows - we may get over there next year!

I know, the finest Irish stand off of a generation, possibly even ever, our top test match points scorer by a mile and still Irish fans don't like him, what can you do? Of course he's a national treasure to plenty, I should say that it's a minority, albeit a vocal one, that expresses the opposite view.

It was indeed, but then again so was the miracle match ;) I haven't seen much of Glaws for the last few years but hope our paths cross, I don't get many chances to watch the lads so it's convenient, and as I said a trip to Kingsholm is always a pleasure.

Archived