IGNORED

Jamie Turley

marcofisher

03 May 2013 18:08:48

Bristol City are hoping to sign Forest Green Rovers defender Jamie Turley. Turley is out of contract in the summer and would be available at a reasonable price.

Ok hands up guilty I got this rumour from the nonsense rumour website.

But Forest Green Rovers are quite often discussed on this forum especially their centre back combo Eddie Oshodi and Jamie Turley and attacker James Norwood.

It is also a fact that Sean O'Driscoll had been down to The New Lawn a few times watching Wes Burns playing for Forest Green.

Turley is very highly rated by Forest Green and out of contract in the summer and only about 23 idealises our new recruitment policy.

Personally this is the type of player we should be taking a gamble on, he will be cheap, but he will also be young hungry and eager to make that step up, maybe it will take him time especially jumping over a league but if he has been good in Blue Square Premier League I can't see there being a huge difference between that and league 2.

I could see there being an element of truth in this story.

Thoughts everyone, would you like to see this move happen?

Hi FGR fan here. Just to clarify, Jamie is not out of contract in the summer, so you'll need to pay a fee if you want him.

He was named England C player of the year and has the potential to make it at a higher level imo, as his attributes are very similar to that of our former defender Darren Jones, who's playing regularly in League 1 for Shrewsbury now.

If we bought him he'd probably go on loan for a season to league two maybe, would be a huge step-up!

Prove me wrong though, exciting youth is what it's all about.

Hardly youth. At 23 you should be able to hold your own in L1 or you will not be good enough for the championship when we go back.

/but I'd love us to take a punt

If we bought him he'd probably go on loan for a season to league two maybe, would be a huge step-up!

Bet Peterborough fans thought the same when they bought a non league striker in January, hasn't worked out too badly for them.

Fully expect Turley will be on our radar this summer, as SoD has been watching Forest Green as people have said.

Interesting prospect at least.

Bet Peterborough fans thought the same when they bought a non league striker in January, hasn't worked out too badly for them.

Fully expect Turley will be on our radar this summer, as SoD has been watching Forest Green as people have said.

Interesting prospect at least.

Excellent news, a very good player. Played Conference South at 18/19 for Salisbury. I rated him highly.

Although we need to find decent young players from our division and lower, I think the blue square is just a division too low and there will be too much difference in quality. At 23 too, he will be no better than James Wilson who is only a year older. They have to represent an improvement on what we currently have and I don't think he represents this

Although we need to find decent young players from our division and lower, I think the blue square is just a division too low and there will be too much difference in quality. At 23 too, he will be no better than James Wilson who is only a year older. They have to represent an improvement on what we currently have and I don't think he represents this

Krans, Ajala? came from even lower divisions, once more this mythical gulf between non league and the lower 2 football league divisions was blown wide apart by the play off games so far, the standard was appalling, my advice, get used to it, it's the future for us i'm afraid.

We bought Mark Shail from non league Yeovil when we were in the 2nd teir , he did alright. If he's good enough he'll be fine , it's only the same step up that Albert made.

I understand what your saying but the age of Ajala and krans is much lower than turley. Given he's already 23 and has only reached blue square, I don't think he will progress too much further.

Albert hasn't done too bad. considering he made the two league jump, He wasn't the youngest player either if I recall correctly.

I raise you one Shaun Taylor, made his FL bow at Exeter aged......23

Indeed, there are plenty of players who make a later step up. Many are strikers ala hayles, wright, Phillips. It doesn't mean it won't work out if we do take a punt on this guy. Cost will be as low as we are likely to get, so why not, as long as he has been scouted properly. On of my favourite city players as a youngers and he signed mid 20's from non league. Always remember his debut vs derby and he was outstanding vs their excellent front two.

I raise you one Shaun Taylor, made his FL bow at Exeter aged......23

and I trump you all with a certain Tony Book from dear old Bath City many moons ago, 30 years old when he made his league debut with Plymouth and 32 when he made his 1st division debut with Manc and his medal haul = European cup winners cup medal, First div champions and runners up medal, FA cup winners medal, 2 league cup winners medals, 1 charity shield winners and 2 runners up medals and footballer of the year joint winner.

I understand what your saying but the age of Ajala and krans is much lower than turley. Given he's already 23 and has only reached blue square, I don't think he will progress too much further.

PS:- 23 years old fits the new criteria as laid out some months ago.

Archived