IGNORED

Skuse On His Way...

PFree

Spoke to a bloke today at my local football club , who claims to know Skuse's Mrs, He reckons he has offers from Palace , Ipswch and Leicester. I've never met the bloke before but he heard me chatting about City to a fellow sufferer.

I'm not convinced myself but , who knows??

Sunday People is reporting that he's agreed a 3 year deal at Ipswich.....

work with a lad that was in the academy with skuse he has already agreed to go to ipswich on 22 grand a week already met there chairman about 2 weeks ago

22k per week!!!!!???? What on earth is this world coming too. This must be a wind up.

I can not believe the stick that Cole Skuse receives

Firstly, every manager has made him a first choice midfielder.

Second, regardless of what you think of his ability, he never goes missing as does Kelly & Pearson on a regular basis.

Cole, thanks for everything you have done, now go and prove the doubters wrong.

Agree but.....for a regular midfielder why oh why does he not score any goals, or even get in scoring positions -- every manager has failed with him in this respect.

Skuse gets an unfairly hard time on here and I think he's probably - certainly Kelly aside - our best central midfielder. But there's absolutely no question that his career has stalled here and he seems to believe he can get (and it's possible he can get) a wage which is way more than what I think we should be paying for him, especially with League One and FFP.

I think a move'd suit both him and us but I wouldn't be surprised if a change does him good and he impresses somewhere else next season.

Cheerio skuse. Not good enough, never has been. People just hold on to the fact he's been with us all career and we can play him anywhere. Jack of all trades, master of **** all.

You're going to really enjoy the Third Division...

Personally,I don't think the poor fella ever recovered from the shock of scoring 2 goals at The gate in the space of 4 days at the end of last season.

That's what's ultimately so frustrating about him. Every now and again he would show what he was actually capable of. For 99% of the time though he was happy to coast along at easy Bristol City with his fan club cheering him onto the pitch every game.

Notably Bobby Reid has scored more goals from midfield than Skuse has this season.

One thing is for sure he'll certainly need to pull his socks up at Ipswich.

work with a lad that was in the academy with skuse he has already agreed to go to ipswich on 22 grand a week already met there chairman about 2 weeks ago

IF this is true, then it's nice to see that obviously other clubs are taking the FFP rulings as seriously as we are :laugh:!

I know Ipshit have a bigger crowd base and therefore more money to spend on salaries but even so, £22k pw for someone who really at best would be a squad player in most top championship sides?! If he really was that good one of the prem teams would have been in for him over the last 5-6 years by now. As an aside, I still can't quite work out how we've gone down we I keep reading about all these good players we got? ;)

I always thought he'd make a better centre back. His first two starts were as centre back and he was MoM in one of them. He is composed, relatively good in the air and can read the play. With some decent training on tackling/marking I reckon he could have been decent there.

He may well go to Ipswich, and I hope he does, but on 22k a week ?

I don't think so !

Ridiculous.

just passing on what ive heard i thought it was a lot when i was told but he is probably on 12-15 grand a week here so not that much more inflation and all :laugh:

Whilst he has never really excelled for us, I still feel the best I have ever seen him play in a City shirt was at right back. He did a superb job in Bellamy when we played Cardiff.

some of the criticism of him on here is a little unfair, but he doesn't really offer anything in the centre of the park. Doesn't break up play, cant pass or score goals. Perhaps if he was made to play for his place he might offer more.

Good luck to him though if he moves on however.

Whilst he has never really excelled for us, I still feel the best I have ever seen him play in a City shirt was at right back. He did a superb job in Bellamy when we played Cardiff.

some of the criticism of him on here is a little unfair, but he doesn't really offer anything in the centre of the park. Doesn't break up play, cant pass or score goals. Perhaps if he was made to play for his place he might offer more.

Good luck to him though if he moves on however.

When he first broke into the first team it was as a defender. He should of stayed there, theres not many football playing defenders about, could have done fsr better for himself.

When he first broke into the first team it was as a defender. He should of stayed there, theres not many football playing defenders about, could have done fsr better for himself.

Yeah as a centre half wasn't it?

Agreed though, think he could have been a pretty good right back for us for a number of years. Nowhere near effective enough as a midfielder.

Won't be sorry to see him leave. Has made himself a millionaire in wages from the club and gets to leave it for nothing, trousering a nice signing on fee in the process. I wish I could love my local football club like that!! And in return we get four good games in every ten. Best of luck to him and all that but time for a parting of the ways.

He's a nice enough lad but just doesn't do enough to warrant a midfield position in a Championship side. He not an out and out attacking player nor is he solely defensive. He drifts through far too many games and he defines average for me, which does make him better than a significant part of our squad, yet I won't be losing any sleep over his departure.

The longer he has been here, the more his future seems behind him.

Best for him and us for him to move on , but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish elsewhere - as will some others.

Somehow this club seems to have sucked the potential out of too many players in the last few seasons,

The longer he has been here, the more his future seems behind him.

Best for him and us for him to move on , but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flourish elsewhere - as will some others.

Somehow this club seems to have sucked the potential out of too many players in the last few seasons,

Jobs for the boys in the Coaching Department is my guess. It always helps when you have coaches who know what they are doing and can IMPROVE players.

Won't be sorry to see him leave. Has made himself a millionaire in wages from the club and gets to leave it for nothing, trousering a nice signing on fee in the process. I wish I could love my local football club like that!! And in return we get four good games in every ten. Best of luck to him and all that but time for a parting of the ways.

I think that's being a bit generous.

Archived