IGNORED

Who Follows Sod?

CheddarReds

No, this is not a negative thread. Interesting comments from SOD in the Bolton programme. If I'm reading them correct, it suggests Alex Russell may be being coached and groomed as the next Head Coach after SOD. Did anyone else think the same? Would this be an ok move?

No, this is not a negative thread. Interesting comments from SOD in the Bolton programme. If I'm reading them correct, it suggests Alex Russell may be being coached and groomed as the next Head Coach after SOD. Did anyone else think the same? Would this be an ok move?

That's his vision for the club, to have a youth system and Development squad that are in sync with the first team. Same tactics, training, mentality. Everything.

He wants it to be a simple step up from one level to another. Players, coaches and eventually managers.

That's his vision for the club, to have a youth system and Development squad that are in sync with the first team. Same tactics, training, mentality. Everything.

He wants it to be a simple step up from one level to another. Players, coaches and eventually managers.

and that is a philosophy that works for many over achieving smaller clubs, ala Swansea who were very clever as to when Buck Rogers left and probably feeling they did not have the correct man to take over within the club to find a new manager with a similar philosophy in Laudrup.

I am sure at my local club FC Lorient the same philosophy is in place, they have for a smaller club over achieved and improved slowly but surely, playing a system the whole squad is comfortable with, but as a club I feel sure the replacement for Gorcuff has already been identified and the transition should be seamless.

Could you imagine for instance manu appointing a new man who will come in and change everything that has made the club successful? best advice keep away from ego's and coaches who think they can change the world.

and that is a philosophy that works for many over achieving smaller clubs, ala Swansea who were very clever as to when Buck Rogers left and probably feeling they did not have the correct man to take over within the club to find a new manager with a similar philosophy in Laudrup.

I am sure at my local club FC Lorient the same philosophy is in place, they have for a smaller club over achieved and improved slowly but surely, playing a system the whole squad is comfortable with, but as a club I feel sure the replacement for Gorcuff has already been identified and the transition should be seamless.

Could you imagine for instance manu appointing a new man who will come in and change everything that has made the club successful? best advice keep away from ego's and coaches who think they can change the world.

It worked for Liverpool for a long time before the Satellite League went insane :(

It worked for Liverpool for a long time before the Satellite League went insane :(

I was just about to post the same thing Aizoon. The old Liverpool "boot room" was a major factor in their domination in the 70's and '80's.

Our most recent sucess was achieved following a change of manager and the new man changing attitudes at the club. Unfortunately, in the meantime our demise has been as a result of following the traditional football philosophy of thinking that a change of manager will bring about a change of fortunes. I do think that the implications of ffp in the championship, and more so with relegation to league 1, has forced Sl to look at a different way forward.

I do hope that we are planning for the future in the way that Swansea have achieved their sucess, by structuring the club from top to bottom and then ensuring that we produce or bring in and players and coaches to fit the club, rather than the club continually changing to accomodate every change in manager and the inevitable turnover in playing staff.

i would be happy with that, and SOD being the man to oversee it. My concern is that it could take some time for the changes to bear fruit on the pitch and whether City fans have the patience to support the board, coach and players through the transition.

I know that this will not go down well with our LFC fans but hey ho, Dalglish (1st time around) sort of put an end to the LFC boot room philosophy by trying to buy success instead of the nurturing and the spotting of young talent. This was something manu did in the late 60's and it took them a long time to get back to the busby babes philosophy and LFC are on a similar sort of journey.

It just seems a no brainer to me.

I can't believe any club would want to go a different way about things.

I know that this will not go down well with our LFC fans but hey ho, Dalglish (1st time around) sort of put an end to the LFC boot room philosophy by trying to buy success instead of the nurturing and the spotting of young talent. This was something manu did in the late 60's and it took them a long time to get back to the busby babes philosophy and LFC are on a similar sort of journey.

I always thought it was Souness who got rid of the boot room at Liverpoor?

i'm not talking so much about the boot room per se, more about the philosophy of nurturing young talent or spotting that talent early at other clubs, he went mainly for established expensive stars.

Fair enough..You're right, you just have to look at some of his signings in his second spell.

Archived