IGNORED

Kenny Jackett

HarryCardno

A man after my own heart. Here's hoping he never finds work in English football again.

Most Millwall fans don't seem to agree. I've not seen many who aren't sad to see him go.

Plus I remember reading an interview Huw Jenkins. He credits Kenny Jackett as being the man who put the foundations in place to get Swansea where they are today. Not a fashionable manager but he deserves a damn sight more credit and respect.

Most Millwall fans don't seem to agree. I've not seen many who aren't sad to see him go.

Plus I remember reading an interview Huw Jenkins. He credits Kenny Jackett as being the man who put the foundations in place to get Swansea where they are today. Not a fashionable manager but he deserves a damn sight more credit and respect.

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world that credits him with playing a major role in Swansea's rise up the leagues.

He was the manager that got them out of League 2 with a team built around Britton, Tate and Monk that would all go on to play for them in the Premier League and he also established them as a top League 1 side before Martinez took over. The football may not have been as beautiful as it has been since Martinez, but I don't remember them playing too much anti-football when they were stuffing us 7-1. I would also question how it possible to play negative football with a team built around Leon Britton and getting the best out of Lee Trundle.

Martinez did an excellent job for Swansea, but there seems to be a myth that he was the one to pick them up from the bottom of the fourth tier when in actual fact Jackett started their incredible rise through the leagues and also put in place many of the things behind the scenes that managers since have benefited from.

As an earlier poster alluded to if Millwall were to continue to get the crowds they have got this year FFP will be an absolute nightmare for them and it is probably a wise move from Jackett to get out now. It cannot be questionned though that he has left Millwall (and Swansea before them) in much better situations than when he found them.

Any reason?

Long ball anti-football manager.

Non progressive, short termist loan merchant.

Everything that holds this country back on a wider stage.

If Pulis, Allardyce, Bothroyd etc etc could quickly follow Jackett away from our once beautiful game that would be grand.

Dinosaurs.

If Pulis, Allardyce, Bothroyd etc etc could quickly follow Jackett away from our once beautiful game that would be grand.

Dinosaurs.

Could of done with his style of football this season............

Dinosaurs.

Dosen't say much for recent management then does it? especially this season of 41 pathetic points, 84 goals conceded, 44 at home during 11 defeats and most fans complaining of our whoosh ball tactics, which only improved in the short term under our present manager and look at where both teams will start next season and we have to watch as much smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Donny and Yeovil or Brentford ply their trade in the championship and we (if reports are correct) can look forward pretty much of more of the same from much of the same.

I would say people in glass houses and all that JT.

Dosen't say much for recent management then does it? especially this season of 41 pathetic points, 84 goals conceded, 44 at home during 11 defeats and most fans complaining of our whoosh ball tactics, which only improved in the short term under our present manager and look at where both teams will start next season and we have to watch as much smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Donny and Yeovil or Brentford ply their trade in the championship and we (if reports are correct) can look forward pretty much of more of the same from much of the same.

Well put EMB, a bit rich slating a manager at a club smaller than ours that has been to a major cup semi-final this year and managed to stay up despite losing top scorer and talisman Chris Wood(remember him?!) in January. Kenny Jackett has had a better managerial career than our current head coach and deserves a bit more respect, im my opinion.

Not making comment on us, we're utter shit. Though at least SOD has a tack record of progressive football.

I just don't want people like Jackett in the game anymore. Not if the game in this country is ever going to progress properly

Well put EMB, a bit rich slating a manager at a club smaller than ours that has been to a major cup semi-final this year and managed to stay up despite losing top scorer and talisman Chris Wood(remember him?!) in January. Kenny Jackett has had a better managerial career than our current head coach and deserves a bit more respect, im my opinion.

indeed the same Chris Wood our genius at the time played wide left.

What I love is for 4 years Nyatanga has been awful and virtually everybody has said as much, SOD says he'd like to keep him and suddenly 'well he's not that bad' and Killkenny utter crap for 3 years and even compared unfavourably to the much hated LJ and because SOD praises him on saturday (after another good old humiliating defeat) guess what 'well he should be ok in the first division', it's almost like the main villains of of past 4 years are about to get full pardons, you couldn't make it up.

For those who hang on to SOD's every last word, I say this yes the rhetoric is great it's refreshing, mind you didn't we say that about DMC, Millen and Coppell was a real **** fest, but that is all it is nothing more nothing less, he will be judged as is every manager on results and unfortunately some of the rhetoric appears to me to be softening us up for a disappointing retained list and today he more or less said don't expect to much experimentation with the youngsters.

Heaton, Maloney, Cunningham, Anderson, Kelly, Taylor and Baldock and of course the youngsters and the rest can rob a living somewhere else.

Not making comment on us, we're utter shit. Though at least SOD has a tack record of progressive football.

I just don't want people like Jackett in the game anymore. Not if the game in this country is ever going to progress properly

He has an ok record no more no less, he certainly talks a good game, the jury is firmly out for me, i've heard it all before and especially from the last 3 managers and look where that landed us.

Would would a lower league manager hold back the national team?

Thats like saying "I don't want Mickey Bell at Clevedon because it stops devlopment of the game at the top level"

indeed the same Chris Wood our genius at the time played wide left.

What I love is for 4 years Nyatanga has been awful and virtually everybody has said as much, SOD says he'd like to keep him and suddenly 'well he's not that bad' and Killkenny utter crap for 3 years and even compared unfavourably to the much hated LJ and because SOD praises him on saturday (after another good old humiliating defeat) guess what 'well he should be ok in the first division', it's almost like the main villains of of past 4 years are about to get full pardons, you couldn't make it up.

For those who hang on to SOD's every last word, I say this yes the rhetoric is great it's refreshing, mind you didn't we say that about DMC, Millen and Coppell was a real **** fest, but that is all it is nothing more nothing less, he will be judged as is every manager on results and unfortunately some of the rhetoric appears to me to be softening us up for a disappointing retained list and today he more or less said don't expect to much experimentation with the youngsters.

Heaton, Maloney, Cunningham, Anderson, Kelly, Taylor and Baldock and of course the youngsters and the rest can rob a living somewhere else.

He has an ok record no more no less, he certainly talks a good game, the jury is firmly out for me, i've heard it all before and especially from the last 3 managers and look where that landed us.

Kilkenny I agree,

But Nyatanga looked a different player when he cam back into the side (he hadn't feature in over a year under McInne and didn't feature much under Millen)

He has shown improvement thats why people are saying if the wages are right they are not against him staying,

Its like saying theres no point in keeping any young players because they had a bad game for the under 12's 4 years ago

Would would a lower league manager hold back the national team?

Thats like saying "I don't want Mickey Bell at Clevedon because it stops devlopment of the game at the top level"

Because the style of football in this country is counter productive.

If our lower leagues are littered with long ball merchants who do not play youth players, who do not develop their teams then nothing progresses. It's exactly the same at youth level and grass roots.

English football needs to develop and change right across the board. Or we won't produce the right players who know how to play the right way at the top level.

Kilkenny I agree,

But Nyatanga looked a different player when he cam back into the side (he hadn't feature in over a year under McInne and didn't feature much under Millen)

He has shown improvement thats why people are saying if the wages are right they are not against him staying,

Its like saying theres no point in keeping any young players because they had a bad game for the under 12's 4 years ago

Funny thing is though bud, he has played 104 games for us over those 4 years and as somebody quite rightly pointed out, strange how he suddenly improves when his contract is about to expire, and let us not forget the last 2 games we shipped 7 goals and he was playing in our defence, I am not convinced.

Edit:- But hey perhaps we have finally unearthed a turd polisher, because boy we've needed one.

Archived