IGNORED

Sam Baldock

Barrs Court Red

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Charlton tbh. Heavily linked to them before joining us.

500k would be a good deal.

We don't need to sell at that price, we would be looking to recoup what we paid for him considering he is essentially a free player to us next season with his wages not counting towards the 60%

We ain't gonna find anything better for that price so makes absolutely no sense to sell unless we recoup all of what we paid.

We don't need to sell at that price, we would be looking to recoup what we paid for him considering he is essentially a free player to us next season with his wages not counting towards the 60%

We ain't gonna find anything better for that price so makes absolutely no sense to sell unless we recoup all of what we paid.

That's right...... So long as he doesn't decide he wants out, we all know who holds all the power in football. If that is or becomes the case then £500k-£750k might be about the best we can get.

It shouldn't work that way but unfortunately that's modern football.

Hopefully he fancies staying and having a go back in League 1 - he's got a reputation that's been dented over the last 18 months or so - maybe staying put is his best bet but pounds and pence will rule the day.

That's right...... So long as he doesn't decide he wants out, we all know who holds all the power in football. If that is or becomes the case then £500k-£750k might be about the best we can get.

It shouldn't work that way but unfortunately that's modern football.

Hopefully he fancies staying and having a go back in League 1 - he's got a reputation that's been dented over the last 18 months or so - maybe staying put is his best bet but pounds and pence will rule the day.

again with FFP no cl;ub will be willing to spend that amount of money, in the lower leagues the power is shifting, gone are the 5 year contracts its now 12-18 months with an extremely high turn-over in players,

Modern football goes very much against the South West in that the majority of Northern players will stay in the North rather than move south for a short period contract and Londoners tend to have plenty of choice with London Clubs. Midlands clubs have a chance but seems we are out on a limb as regards choice of signings.

Modern football goes very much against the South West in that the majority of Northern players will stay in the North rather than move south for a short period contract a

nd Londoners tend to have plenty of choice with London Clubs. Midlands clubs have a chance but seems we are out on a limb as regards choice of signings.

Agreed, hence why both Bristol clubs have always had to pay 'over the odds' to get players in. Scouting local is the way to go.....

Will take a big money offer to get him. Player power is a factor of course but so is FFP & Charlton certainly don't have lots of money to spray about. Burnley might be more of a shout but their parachute money has run out now I believe & they don't create much revenue to afford big outlay. He is under contract so even if he requests a transfer he doesn't really hold the cards.

Nah, my money is on Sam being here next season and hopefully staying fit and scoring loads of goals. Lets face it, we've hardly seen the best of the lad yet have we?

and is one of our top earners so would be very healthy to be off of the bill-take 500,000 if offered.beggers cant be choosers..

But doesn't count, I believe, towards the 60% next season, so im essence is a free player. (Obviously we pay his wages but in terms of abiding by the rules for next season)

Unless the offer is substantial we do not have to and arguably are not in a position to sell.

If his wages do not count towards the 60% then we have to fund his replacement from that 60... Which means we lose out by getting him off the wage bill in terms of our budget.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

and is one of our top earners so would be very healthy to be off of the bill-take 500,000 if offered.beggers cant be choosers..

Thing is I can't see us getting offers that high for Sam. Problem is other teams will use our relegation as an opportunity to make lower bids testing our desire to lower the wage budget. Coupled with the potential for any player to want to leave/play at a higher level I think could mean we'd receive/accept lower offers rather than keep someone earning Championship wages who might not want to be here.

Charlie Austin made 40 appearances for Burnley 2012/13 scored 28 goals. Proven goalscorer at Championship level. Why on earth anyone thinks he would turn his back on the Championship to Drop to Third rate football is a joke. The silly season is well under way.

Charlie Austin made 40 appearances for Burnley 2012/13 scored 28 goals. Proven goalscorer at Championship level. Why on earth anyone thinks he would turn his back on the Championship to Drop to Third rate football is a joke. The silly season is well under way.

:doh:

But doesn't count, I believe, towards the 60% next season, so im essence is a free player. (Obviously we pay his wages but in terms of abiding by the rules for next season)

Unless the offer is substantial we do not have to and arguably are not in a position to sell.

If his wages do not count towards the 60% then we have to fund his replacement from that 60... Which means we lose out by getting him off the wage bill in terms of our budget.

You're right. His wages don't count towards FFP, no.

But surely if we sold him for say, £600k that sum would then count towards our turnover?

We'd then be in the position of funding his replacement with that total, wouldn't we?

Think you're right but the more likely scenario is that if a champ club sniffs around him or his agent he will say "I fancy talking to them... Good for my career.... Blah blah blah" and he'll be gone for whatever we can get.

Wow. Just wow.

This has got to be the worst post in history.

READ THE OTHER POSTS YOU ******* MORON.

Archived