IGNORED

This Year's Calendar

GrahamC

I know this may have been covered previously but how depressing is it to go through the current calendar ?

For May we have the “delights” of a bloke that we flogged to Millwall back in January, (Martyn Woolford), plus someone who didn’t play so we had to pay him to go away (Jody Morris).

Next month we have Albert, who is likely to be playing for Cardiff by then and then in October there is Skuse, who will presumably be at Portman Rd before too long.

This got me thinking, what would be the 12 City moments you’d like to see in a City calendar?

Mine are;

Whitehead scoring against Pompey to send us up,

Cheesley’s goal at Arsenal,

One of Mabbutt’s three at Old Trafford,

A Norman Hunter free kick (think one was against Everton at AG).

Gillies’ goal at Coventry, and at Leeds, possibly.

A John Atyeo goal has to be there, so perhaps the one that took England to the ’58 World Cup?

One by Tom Ritchie has to included, from the promotion season, top flight or dark days of 82/3.

Robbie Turner versus Chelsea.

Super Bob from 89/90, after all there are 34 to choose from!

Tinnion at Anfield.

Noble against Rotherham.

McIndoe or Trundle against Palace.

Can’t believe I’ve left out Gow, Newman or Shelton (my heroes) or Donowa’s very special moment in 1991, but anyway I think those 12 are a far better representation of what BCFC means, I do hope the marketing department are reading this…...

• Admin

Can’t believe I’ve left out Gow, Newman or Shelton (my heroes) or Donowa’s very special moment in 1991, but anyway I think those 12 are a far better representation of what BCFC means, I do hope the marketing department are reading this…...

Or Christian Roberts slotting in a 90th minute play off winner against Hartlepool, minutes after Goodfellow had stopped us going out with is leveller? (We'll not mention the next game).

post-37-0-08491800-1368186862_thumb.gif

(click to animate for some reason)

• Admin

Or Christian Roberts slotting in a 90th minute play off winner against Hartlepool, minutes after Goodfellow had stopped us going out with is leveller? (We'll not mention the next game).

Agree, get some retro pics on the 2014 one.

Nearly every year we have this knack of having people on the calendar that had already left us

attachicon.gifpool3b.gif

My favourite City match ever.

I know this may have been covered previously but how depressing is it to go through the current calendar ?

For May we have the “delights” of a bloke that we flogged to Millwall back in January, (Martyn Woolford), plus someone who didn’t play so we had to pay him to go away (Jody Morris).

Next month we have Albert, who is likely to be playing for Cardiff by then and then in October there is Skuse, who will presumably be at Portman Rd before too long.

This got me thinking, what would be the 12 City moments you’d like to see in a City calendar?

Mine are;

Whitehead scoring against Pompey to send us up,

Cheesley’s goal at Arsenal,

One of Mabbutt’s three at Old Trafford,

A Norman Hunter free kick (think one was against Everton at AG).

Gillies’ goal at Coventry, and at Leeds, possibly.

A John Atyeo goal has to be there, so perhaps the one that took England to the ’58 World Cup?

One by Tom Ritchie has to included, from the promotion season, top flight or dark days of 82/3.

Robbie Turner versus Chelsea.

Super Bob from 89/90, after all there are 34 to choose from!

Tinnion at Anfield.

Noble against Rotherham.

McIndoe or Trundle against Palace.

Steve Neville v Hereford , last minute of extra time.

Martyn Hirst v Rovers , last minute in FA Cup at Eastville. **

Glyn Riley header at Wembley v Bolton

Those 3 have to be in there for me

** Graham , maybe Ritchies goal from that game could be included ?

John Atyeo's goal against Oldham to take us up to Div 2 in 1965.

That would be my choice too.

I can't disagree with any of GrahamC's list but we will have to add a few more months to the year in order to add a John Galley goal (vs Charlton at AG, perhaps) as well as one from Chris Garland (his winner vs Liverpool, again at AG?)

attachicon.gifpool3b.gif

Was in a pub in Manchester watching this on a TV in the corner with about 6 city fans. The rest of the pub was watching an all Spanish UEFA cup final (a drab 0-0 affair if memory serves) and we all started going mental. The whole pub turned and stared at us like we had lost the plot- in fairness I think we had by this point!!. Probably my favourite city moment. even though I wasn't actually at the game!!

Just to add to the list, Kevin Mabbutt getting a hat trick at old Trafford. Before my time (78?) but he is one of the only visiting players to ever achieve it and is on a short list alongside the likes of Ronaldo (the real one).

Edit: Sorry just noticed it on the original list

Archived