IGNORED

Free Transfers List

ciderbeans

Would still require compensation as both are under 23.

Considering Grigg netted 19 this season I think paying compensation wouldn't be all bad as we need to add to our strikers. He could also have a good resale value down the line too.

Comment from Walsall's manager

"Will's come through the system here. But he doesn't want to go somewhere where, if hasn't scored for five games, he gets dropped and ends up sidelined for the next two years."

Think if we lose Baldock or Davies then we could give him that situation.

Not sure, but I read somewhere that Marlon Pack and Will Grigg are out of contract.

Yes, Pack is out of contract. Rumour has it that Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Bradford & Yeovil are all VERY interested.

I've seen more than enough of this kid to know he can definitely play at upper L1 level and higher (and with BMuff now promoted, clearly so does Eddie Howe). Since he's OOC, living 30 minutes up the road and settled in the area, I will be furious with BCFC if this lad ends up at Sheff Utd!!!!

Will prob end up at BMuff with his mate Matt Richie - another one we could have easily taken a chance on!

Considering Grigg netted 19 this season I think paying compensation wouldn't be all bad as we need to add to our strikers. He could also have a good resale value down the line too.

Packs OOC & linked with many.

A 22 yr old goal scoring midfielder who can play. L2 team of year again. Go get him City!

Missed the boat with Grigg. Championship bound now.

Just a list of names i've seen on that site:

Lewis Dunk - depends if you like people in the middle of court cases, supposedly highly rated in past but maybe hasn't developed way people had hoped.

Stephen Dobbie - Seems to get mentioned every year, but how long can he remain at championship level?

Lewis McGugan - 1 in 5 goal ratio for a midfielder isn't bad and from memory has a cracking boot on him

Darius Henderson - Probably won't drop to league 1, but decent scoring record, breaks our under 24 rule, would he be classed as exceptional circumstances?

Martin Craine - can play across the back 4 but mainly a CB, local lad from Yeovil as well.

Danny Murphy - depending on wages, think he could be classed as a exceptional circumstance.

Lee Novak - 24 year old striker with a decent(ish) scoring rate at league 1/championship level.

Tommy Spurr - If we lose Cunningham could be a good LB replacement.

If we are looking for an experienced GK replacement rather than a youngster could look into someone like Stephen Bywater looks like he's on his way down the leagues but still a decent keeper.

We could have a decent team from players in our squad mixed with signings from that list.

Side note website says Marvin Elliott is worth £875,000!!

Just a list of names i've seen on that site:

Lewis Dunk - depends if you like people in the middle of court cases, supposedly highly rated in past but maybe hasn't developed way people had hoped.

Stephen Dobbie - Seems to get mentioned every year, but how long can he remain at championship level?

Lewis McGugan - 1 in 5 goal ratio for a midfielder isn't bad and from memory has a cracking boot on him

Darius Henderson - Probably won't drop to league 1, but decent scoring record, breaks our under 24 rule, would he be classed as exceptional circumstances?

Martin Craine - can play across the back 4 but mainly a CB, local lad from Yeovil as well.

Danny Murphy - depending on wages, think he could be classed as a exceptional circumstance.

Lee Novak - 24 year old striker with a decent(ish) scoring rate at league 1/championship level.

Tommy Spurr - If we lose Cunningham could be a good LB replacement.

If we are looking for an experienced GK replacement rather than a youngster could look into someone like Stephen Bywater looks like he's on his way down the leagues but still a decent keeper.

We could have a decent team from players in our squad mixed with signings from that list.

Side note website says Marvin Elliott is worth £875,000!!

To be perfectly honest mate, based on the wages we'll be paying next season, you're better off changing your divisional selection on that site to L1, L2 & BSQ. We're more likely to be picking up free agents from these divisions than the Championship.

As I haven't got the patience to search through it, have a nice little rummage through for me would you fella. I'm genuinely interested to see what you find.

To be perfectly honest mate, based on the wages we'll be paying next season, you're better off changing your divisional selection on that site to L1, L2 & BSQ. We're more likely to be picking up free agents from these divisions than the Championship.

As I haven't got the patience to search through it, have a nice little rummage through for me would you fella. I'm genuinely interested to see what you find.

Finished my degree so have plenty of time for stuff like this ;)

League 1 players

• Tommy Spurr - As mentioned above
  • Febian Brady - Another of Walsall's young prospects also plays upfront, not as prolific as Grigg.
  • Will Grigg - mentioned plenty in this thread.
  • Richard Wood (Coventry City) CB - One i'm not too sure on tbh, 6'3 CB could be imposing. Just listed because he's a free.
  • Owain Fon Williams (Tranmere) GK - 26 years old, could compete with Heaton if he stays.

League 2 players

• Ben Tozer (Northampton) Left back - Picked up by Northampton from Newcastle who bought him from Swindon, from Plymouth, again if forced to sell Cunningham could be a potential replacement.
  • Liam Sercombe (Exeter) Centre mid - Highly rated in the lower leagues, 23 years old. Would be happy to see us go for him.
  • Nahki Wells (Bradford) Striker - 22 years old, If true he's out of contract I would say this would be a must attempt to sign for us, I would have been happy for us to go for him if we had to pay a normal fee.
  • Mark Randall (Chesterfield) CM - Could be one to look at, often seemed pretty highly rated when part of Arsenal's academy.
  • Marlon Pack - Mentioned plenty.

What's listed as U21's Premier League on the site:

• Jason Banton (Crystal Palace) LM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22154652 6 goals in 14 games in League 2 with Plymouth and one of their defenders says he could easily play league 1 if not championship if he can improve his work rate. Get S.O'D on the case!
  • Ignasi Miquel (Arsenal) CB - Unlikely i'll admit as he's played in Arsenal's senior side so would probably drop to championship at most if not deemed up for it. But still could be worth enquiring if no one else does.

• Will Keane (Man Utd) ST - Made 1 appearance 2 years ago for Utd otherwise hasn't been seen since.

• Ryan Tunnicliffe (Man Utd) DM - Has been going on loan to championship clubs, if no one picks him up could be worth a try.

• Jak Alnwick (Newcastle Utd) GK - 19 years old, could be one to sit on our bench as Heaton's back up if Heaton re-signs?

Appreciate most of those probably out of our range, but its a case of you don't enquire you don't get.

League 1 players

• Febian Brady - Another of Walsall's young prospects also plays upfront, not as prolific as Grigg.
  • Richard Wood (Coventry City) CB - One i'm not too sure on tbh, 6'3 CB could be imposing. Just listed because he's a free.
  • Owain Fon Williams (Tranmere) GK - 26 years old, could compete with Heaton if he stays.
League 2 players
  • Ben Tozer (Northampton) Left back - Picked up by Northampton from Newcastle who bought him from Swindon, from Plymouth, again if forced to sell Cunningham could be a potential replacement.
  • Liam Sercombe (Exeter) Centre mid - Highly rated in the lower leagues, 23 years old. Would be happy to see us go for him.
  • Nahki Wells (Bradford) Striker - 22 years old, If true he's out of contract I would say this would be a must attempt to sign for us, I would have been happy for us to go for him if we had to pay a normal fee.
  • Mark Randall (Chesterfield) CM - Could be one to look at, often seemed pretty highly rated when part of Arsenal's academy.

• Jason Banton (Crystal Palace) LM - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22154652 6 goals in 14 games in League 2 with Plymouth and one of their defenders says he could easily play league 1 if not championship if he can improve his work rate. Get S.O'D on the case!
  • Ignasi Miquel (Arsenal) CB - Unlikely i'll admit as he's played in Arsenal's senior side so would probably drop to championship at most if not deemed up for it. But still could be worth enquiring if no one else does.
  • Will Keane (Man Utd) ST - Made 1 appearance 2 years ago for Utd otherwise hasn't been seen since.
  • Ryan Tunnicliffe (Man Utd) DM - Has been going on loan to championship clubs, if no one picks him up could be worth a try.
  • Jak Alnwick (Newcastle Utd) GK - 19 years old, could be one to sit on our bench as Heaton's back up if Heaton re-signs?
Appreciate most of those probably out of our range, but its a case of you don't enquire you don't get.
Is Nahki Wells OCC? Didn't think he was, but if he is I would go all out to get him. Sadly I think like Grigg, he is championship bound.

I wouldn't say no to the likes of Sercombe and Tozer either mind! Interesting list though, although I would imagine we won't end up with any of those.

Pretty sure Tozer is naturally a centre half though that can fill in at left back and centre mid?

League 1 players

League 2 players

Some good work there fella.

That site is usually pretty good but can sometimes be wrong. Nakhi Wells signed a deal to 2015 just recently.

Spurr, Brandy, Tozer, Sercombe, Randall & Pack should all certainly be on the list as possibles. Pack & Sercombe particularly - and Brandy.

Others I'd throw out there would be Diagouraga at Brentford, Mvoto - Oldham, Judge - Notts Co, Forrester - Brentford, Chicksen - MK, Luke James - Hartlepool, Bakayogo - Tranmere, Amine Linganzi - Accrington, Tom Parkes - Gas, Matt Lecointe - Plymouth, Durrell Berry - Plymouth, Kortney Hause - Wycombe, Jordan Moore-Taylor - Exeter.

I'd have to go and check my files to see if all of these are still definitely out of contract as the site isn't always 100%, but I need to go to bed now!!

I would use the PFA's own list - they should know if anybody does...

From that Scott Wagstaff's name rings a bell, young RM/LM at Charlton.

Basso is OOC ;)

I think the PFA site only shows those released and not those who have been offered new deals so ones on the other site could have their contracts expiring.

Dorian dervite (cb) of Charlton would be good. Was highly rated at Tottenham.

Sean Murray (cm) Watford. 19 and good prospect.

Daniel Ayala, only 22 but probs out of our league.

Tom Hoban from Watford (cb) another. Young and highly rated player who won't get a look in at Watford if they go up.

One person we should definately try and get is Danny batth. Young cb at wolves, apparently OOC and he is quality. In a similar mould to Craig Dawson. As wolves have come down with us, it's always worth offering a contract given he's in the same league. Might well be too good for us though

Archived