IGNORED

Season Tickets When Do We Hear ?

ateyomike

When are we going to hear about season tickets for next season or are they now waiting until all the play offs have been completed seems strange have never known news to be so late can remember a few seasons ago the offers were out in January

I'm sure it's supposed to be this week.

As much as the tax year has been and gone, If the income for season tickets doesn't start rolling in until june, do the club get to count it as next years' income?

I understood the only reason tickets were sold as early as March was to boost the years income.

This is surely a flaw in FFP if it does count towards it as, in theory a club could sell this seasons and next seasons tickets in the same season and squander the profits on a promotion campaign!

As much as the tax year has been and gone, If the income for season tickets doesn't start rolling in until june, do the club get to count it as next years' income?

I understood the only reason tickets were sold as early as March was to boost the years income.

This is surely a flaw in FFP if it does count towards it as, in theory a club could sell this seasons and next seasons tickets in the same season and squander the profits on a promotion campaign!

Don't think it works that way from an accountancy point of view - season ticket money received in advance of the season will still be accounted for in that season and no doubt spread evenly over the months. Tempted as I am to go into such accounting delights as Accruals and Prepayments with you it would be a new low, even for this forum. That said, getting money in early is always good cashflow and helps with planning next years spending.

Don't think it works that way from an accountancy point of view - season ticket money received in advance of the season will still be accounted for in that season and no doubt spread evenly over the months. Tempted as I am to go into such accounting delights as Accruals and Prepayments with you it would be a new low, even for this forum. That said, getting money in early is always good cashflow and helps with planning next years spending.

Makes sense, simply a good cashflow excercise - cheers

From that I guess its based on when the service (football match) is delivered rather than when it is bought... roughly

No offence meant, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard..!

So we would have 2 years season tickets income within the same accounting period, to "swindle" the new FFP rules..? What about the following year..? No season ticket income at all but still restrictions to conform with..?

Did you know that they have removed the word gullible from nexts years English dictionary...?!

I think the club has played this very well.

After the season ended I was so angry with what had gone on I really thought I could find something better to spend my money on. However since the season has ended we have heard all the right things coming from the club with regards to the future. Now I cant waituntil the prices are rereleased.

Amazing what a couple of weeks can do!

After the season ended I was so angry with what had gone on I really thought I could find something better to spend my money on. However since the season has ended we have heard all the right things coming from the club with regards to the future. Now I cant waituntil the prices are rereleased.

Ah, the good old football season. Most of us couldn't wait for it to end but now its gone, we miss it. Bad though it was I can't wait for next season to start so we can analyse it all again. Roll on August.

This. Think the club have got it right as well

So we would have 2 years season tickets income within the same accounting period, to "swindle" the new FFP rules..? What about the following year..? No season ticket income at all but still restrictions to conform with..?

Did you know that they have removed the word gullible from nexts years English dictionary...?!

Made I larf :laughcont:

Probably the day after the kit so if we don't like it we can moan about that instead.

Or if the kit is decent then the other way around. Kit the day after so we can talk about how nice a kit we have.

None taken, I was questioning when income counted towards FFP - Due to the different restrictions in the Champ & L1 it would mean gambling heavily on promotion.

No one told me this, I mis understood the set up of the FFP etc.

Hey, it's what a forum is for clarifying things no?

7-8% reduction i heard which if true is a complete joke!!!

we had cheaper tickets then alot of league one last season, the EE was cheaper then a lot of league 2 clubs (Gas included)

so how is it a complete joke? (based only on hearsay)

Archived