IGNORED

Uefa's Financial Fair Play Rules Face Test From The 'bosman' Lawyer

cheshire_red

The annoying thing about all of this is that the big clubs are in a no lose situation.

If ffp is introduced then it makes it very much more difficult for anyone to do an Abramovich, i.e. bankroll a lesser club to a position where it can challenge the establised big clubs at the top of the tree. If this challenge is sucessful and ffp is not introduced, then the big clubs already have the financial clout to compete for top players with top salaries and big transfer fees and they have very wealthy owners who can just continue to bankroll excessive spending as before.

It seems to me essential that ffp is introduced if we want to maintain the football league structure that has formed the basis of football in this country . Our own situation shows the financial folly of chasing the dream of premier league football by just throwing money at it. This lawyer/agent doesn't give a damn about Bristol City. Yeovil, Donny etc. etc, just the bank balance of his clients and himself. Similarly, the owners of Man U, Man C, Arsenal , Chelsea etc, are more concerned about their ability to compete with Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and the like than whether Pompey stays in business next season.

I turn 60 next year but have never been so disillusioned with football as I am now. If ffp is properly introduced and policed throughout football, then I am reasonably optimistic that relegation to league 1 could be a real turning point for the long term future of Bristol City. However, if this agent gets his way then the gap between those at the top and the rest could mean that I will never again see my club challenging at the top of the championship, let alone gettingto the premeir league.

I've said it before, but the sooner all the big wealthy clubs get themselves off and form a European super league, with their own rules and obscene amounts of money , wages and egos, the better. Leave the rest of us to play competitive football, where the competition is on a an even keel, financially sustainable and where clubs feeln they have a genuine chance of promotion to the next level without risking their financial futures in the process. It would also give us football greared to proper fans who can afford to take their kids to the games and where the fans feel that they matter to the clubs they support, instead of just being a customer base.

The annoying thing about all of this is that the big clubs are in a no lose situation.

If ffp is introduced then it makes it very much more difficult for anyone to do an Abramovich, i.e. bankroll a lesser club to a position where it can challenge the establised big clubs at the top of the tree. If this challenge is sucessful and ffp is not introduced, then the big clubs already have the financial clout to compete for top players with top salaries and big transfer fees and they have very wealthy owners who can just continue to bankroll excessive spending as before.

It seems to me ssential that ffp is introduced if we want to maintain the football league structure that has formed basis of football in this country . Our own situation shows the financial folly of chasing the dream of premier league football by just throwing money at it. This lawyer/agent doesn't give a damn about Bristol City. Yeovil, Donny etc. etc, just the bank balance of his clients and himself. Similarly, the owners of Man U, Man C, Arsenal , Chelsea etc, are more concerned about their ability to compete with Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and the like than whether Pompey stays in business next season.

I turn 60 next year but have never been so disillusioned with football as I am now. If ffp is properly introduced and polcied throughout football, then I am optimistic that relegation to league 1 could be a real turning point for the long term future of Bristol City. However, if this agent gets his way then the gap between those at the top and the rest could mean that I will never again see my club challenging at the top of the championship, let alone gettingto the premeir league.

I've said it before, but the sooner all the big wealthy clubs get themselves off and form a European super league, with their own rules and obscene amounts of money , wages and egos, the better. Leave the rest of us to play competitive football, where the competition is on a an even keel, financially sustainable and where clubs feeln they have a genuine chance of promotion to the next level without risking their financial futures in the process. It would also give us football greared to proper fans who can afford to take their kids to the games and where the fans feel that they matter to the clubs they support, instead of just being a customer base.

Downend - I couldn't have put it better myself

I'm afraid football is a (rather boring) closed shop right now, and if FFP isn't governed correctly, and fairly, then give it another 10 years or so and I don't see myself watching any football. I watch very little now to be honest. The game has changed, and not for the better

Oh for the days of seeing Watford, Southampton, Villa, Ipswich, Norwich battling it out with the big boys like they did when I was a kid

Just goes to prove that agents don't care about football and are only worried about their bank balances.

No suggestion by him of how to stop clubs & in turn local businesses going bust, mainly due to highly overpaid players.

Archived