IGNORED

Gus Poyet

glynriley

Cant reallt see why they have suspended him just by those comments. Comments like that are fairly normal. Cloughie used to say far far more colourful outrageous comments than this. Why has his assistants also been suspended? No mention of them making any comments. I guess there is more to it than what has so far been reported otherwise Brighton will be facing a unfair dismissal case.

Poyet is a very good manager and Brighton have been foolish here. He is obviously ambitious and wants to take them to the next level but wants assurances that the club has the same ambitions as him. Ok maybe saying it in the press wasn't the smartest thing but emotions would be running high after defeat in the play offs to your biggest rivals. A slap on the wrist would have dealt with the matter. If I was Brighton I would look at Swindon and PDC. They would be a Championship club now had they backed him.

Same thing happened at England training a few years ago. The Sven went into the dressing room and demanded, "who's 5h1t on the floor?".

Heskey replied " me boss, but I'm bl00dy good in the air!"

Archived