IGNORED

What Will Be Will Be

HarryCardno

Skuse and Heaton have now left the club. It makes me feel like the club is falling apart which some people will think it is.

I can't help but just accept the fact people will come and take our players because the majority feel they are too good for League One which in my opinion only Stead and Adomah are.

Personally I think Ipswich have done the wrong thing in signing Skuse but Burnley have done the right thing by signing Heaton despite conceding 80+ goals.

So what is this club going to do to be competitive next year? do we trust the board and so'd and let everyone take our players? or do we, as so'd wanted, stick together? Or bring through the youth with a few good signings?

I personally think youth players such as Bobby Reid, Wes Burns and Kevin Krans will be more involved in the team but what other players are we going to bring in? anyone heard any rumours? whose going to want to come to us, being in league one and geographically so far away from everything? you only have to look at the Jon Stead situation to realise that football is largely played in northern/midland parts of England.

But basically is there a psychic out there that can tell the rest of us what is going to happen next year? Im reluctant to make a judgement to whether we will be in a relegation dogfight/Midtable/Playoffs/Automatic Promotion. I convinced myself when Steve Coppell took over, briefly, that we will do well but as everyone knows thats back fired. Will SL continue to provide funds?

Keeping those players just wouldn't be cost efficient in League 1. Need to have a clearout, and bring in some younger players on lower wages that will play for the team and eachother and that we can hold onto for a few years to build something with and hopefully eventually be promoted.

Whilst not wishing to label any specific player, there are a few on our pay roll that need to move on for the benfit of the club and probably for themselves.

There have been many occasions this season where opinions have been divided on players, who is good, who is sh*te, who isn't fit to even wear the shirt etc, and this is the right time to refresh the personnel.

Had we stayed up (which we didn't deserve to) we probably wouldn't have seen as many of the 'deadwood' leave, which wouldn't have given us the scope to referesh our squad with younger hungrier talent, and I do really believe that this talent is there in Lg1, Lg2 and even in BSQ prem, but on the flip side, I do not think that we will realistically see an instant automatic return to the championship with a team of youngsters who only come together over the summer months.

What I do think we will see is a much slicker style of play, and for us to be far more competitive and entertaining than this season, and I think we will be top third of the table with a sniff around the playoffs.

I love this club, they are my team, but we are where we are and we have to get used to it, I don't believe that we are too big for Lg1 or even a sleeping giant. Hard work and effort will reap the benefits, and success on the pitch will start to increase the fans attendance, all of which will bode well as the coming season unfolds, and with S O'D in charge I think the outlook is bright.

CHR

Basically what YGB and cider hoss have written. Next year will be a year of consolidation. I anticipate we will be a mid table team. A mix of academy players, cheaper young players coming in, with one or two older heads making up the rest of the team. Hopefully a team that will be together for more than just two seasons. A team that can pass well but also be able to scrap when needed.

Expecting to get back into the Championship after 3 seasons in Div 1.

Anything sooner than that will be icing on the cake; anything later will become more a little disappointing every season thereafter we are still in div 1.

I wonder if the club policy of buying player under 24 applies to keepers, keepers don't usually hit their prime until later than outfield players and I'm not sure I would like to see an inexperienced keeper between the sticks next year just because of a transfer policy.

This doesn't mean that an inexperienced 21 year old wouldn't be the best thing since Basso but I think experience is more important for a keeper than any other area on the pitch.

Think how wolves feel. They've just released a large amount of players and are expected to lose their best players also. They are on a worse position than us financially

How are they in a worse financial position than us when, as you say, they have released a large amount of players and are expected to lose their best players but they are still receiving millions of pounds in parachute payments from the premier league?

Archived