IGNORED

Green 4 Solutions

Opeth67

A loyalty scheme eh? It will be interesting to see the actual details of what one needs to do to be rewarded for loyalty. And what that reward is. Perhaps we should get something now to recognise what we went through last season.

Certainly the write up on the BCFC site gives nothing away - just a teaser, but it also explains the reason for the delay in announcing the season ticket prices.

Does anyone here have any "insider" knowledge of exactly how this loyalty scheme might work? Who knows - it might be something that BCFC has come up with that we may love?

So we get a 3rd party in running this. That will be at a cost. Who will pay for this cost. It will surely passed on somewhere.

Any outsourcing I have ever seen ends up costly. Once they have hold the costs go up.

Hope it is not a costly mistake. Fingers crossed it is everything both the club and supporters want it to be. Because once you hand away control, it's bloody hard getting back once contracts have been signed.

Nowhere near as costly as implementing their own CRM system and running it themselves.

Well not in the short term granted, long term completely different story. But that wasn't the point I was making. This is an additional cost which if not managed correctly you can lose complete control of and costs spiral.

It is just part of the work I am dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm not entirely sure it is what the club need. If they are outsourcing the way they communicate with fans, just wait for the complaints start rolling in, this company's operatives will know little about city. So expect some real big cock ups. Just when city need all the good publicity they can get they are giving control away. Laughable really. Oh well.

Maybe it would be sensible to keep season ticket prices at the current price but to offer a discount of 1% for each year that the season ticket has been held - maybe up to a maximum of 20% in total. This would not cost the club a fortune because more people would be tempted to renew or to start to own a season ticket to build up discounts.

The more people we get through the turnstiles, the more programmes, pies, pints and merchandise we sell. The atmosphere in the ground could also improve with greater numbers. If we gained promotion the base price of the tickets could rise whilst the long standing season ticket holders would be rewarded for their loyalty.

Woss fink of 'ee then?

Good suggestion actually BatF. Whenever BCFC comes out with some sort of "incentive" it often turns out to be a damp squid. Not thinking too hard brings to mind the season ticket "vouchers" fiasco a couple of seasons ago. Let's hope this time it IS something of use to fans.

Of course the experts that know exactly how this will pan out will know that Green 4 Solutions have been working with Bristol City for a number of years already. I've got an email from the club that is "Green 4 Powered" from November 2009. To me this just looks like bringing the ticketing operation within the Green 4 Solutions camp rather than that being a separate Ticketmaster based system.

All complete supposition of course.

You have no way of knowing that this will turn out like that so why the negativity ?

You may be getting confused with FM (Facilities Managment) which is a totally different service and I'd agree that its not normally a cost effective solution long term.

A simple CRM service is workable and manageable.

I have no qualms them doing this. I may work out well. Depends on the relationships.

But you know as well as I do, the niggles and lack of understanding of the clients customers is the main problem here. They will be implementing on the back of a load of bad feeling. Just when they are striving for good communications with their fanbase, they are handing over. Now I hope the transistoon runs smoothly and the data cleansing and import process goes well, because if that screws up they are going to have problems.

Either way. I am not against them doing this. I am against the timing.

1. Relegated, change in prices.

2. Rushing it in at the end of a season at a time of massive upheaval, not only with the team, but with ffp.

3. Bad feeling from the fan base

4. Mass of change in back office staff.

I would prefer to see something like this bought in in a season where there is not so much change. If we had stayed in the championship great, less variables to work out. Next season if we haven't been promoted or relegated, again less variables to work out.

I cannot possibly think of a worse time to make this kind of change. This is a customer/fan facing change. To do it when you will already be losing support, and are just making things difficult for those staying loyal is just ludicrous imo. They will get problems early on, they always do, why risk it at such a crucial time in our recent history.

And this is just another reason I have no confidence in how this club is run. There maybe some good ideas. But timing is everything.

Of course the experts that know exactly how this will pan out will know that Green 4 Solutions have been working with Bristol City for a number of years already. I've got an email from the club that is "Green 4 Powered" from November 2009. To me this just looks like bringing the ticketing operation within the Green 4 Solutions camp rather than that being a separate Ticketmaster based system.

This appears to be a whole lot more than just tickets.. unless I am reading it wrong. They will be doing the whole customer/fan relationship thing.

Dangerous game in the short term while they iron out teething problems.

Maybe it would be sensible to keep season ticket prices at the current price but to offer a discount of 1% for each year that the season ticket has been held - maybe up to a maximum of 20% in total. This would not cost the club a fortune because more people would be tempted to renew or to start to own a season ticket to build up discounts.

The more people we get through the turnstiles, the more programmes, pies, pints and merchandise we sell. The atmosphere in the ground could also improve with greater numbers. If we gained promotion the base price of the tickets could rise whilst the long standing season ticket holders would be rewarded for their loyalty.

Woss fink of 'ee then?

Serious question, but isn't a scheme such as this discrimination against young, or younger people who don't have the loyalty years due to their age?

Loyalty schemes, directors of football, Head Coahes, Assistant head coaches, Community trust, Academy, pre season in outer mongolia - all I want is a defender that can head a ball, a midfielder with a bit of imagination and a striker that can score, oh and think we are short of a keeper or two now.

Loyalty schemes, directors of football, Head Coahes, Assistant head coaches, Community trust, Academy, pre season in outer mongolia - all I want is a defender that can head a ball, a midfielder with a bit of imagination and a striker that can score, oh and think we are short of a keeper or two now.

I'm pretty sure that we don't intend using green 4 solutions staff to play football for us too. Although after last seasons defending could it be any worse?

I was greatly amused by the headline and description of this scheme.

City are delighted to announce a revolutionary new deal with Green 4 Solutions.
The partnership will see the club embrace a new ‘single platform’ solution across all facets of commerce – including ticketing, corporate sales, marketing, communications and supporter relationship management.

I have in my wallet a Tesco Credit Card that has given me for many years a 'single platform' solution to my spending requirements together with loyalty points that can be converted to goods and services. Nothing revolutionary there!

It always amazes me that the Directors and Staff of many small Companies will happily embrace Bullsh*t providing it is wrapped up in technical terms.

I see you fail to mention the scraping of the booking fees as it fails to fall into your negative agenda against the club and the new board.......

I don't know if that was aimed at me. My point has nothing to do with booking fees, but all to do with outsourcing. The fees do not even come into it.

Edit

and praising them for removing booking fees? that is laughable, they should never have been charging us anyway. we are fans, not customers. they should not be applauded for it, it isn't something they should have been doing in the first place. especially given the Spiel from Dave L about booking early to get cheaper tickets than potd :laugh:.

When someone can translate the story on the website about this from corporate schmorporate business speak into plain English so I can understand what the **** they are talking about, I'll happily give my opinion...

Thanks.

When someone can translate the story on the website about this from corporate schmorporate business speak into plain English so I can understand what the **** they are talking about, I'll happily give my opinion...

Thanks.

Mate, I was just about to post the same!

What the **** is CRM ? I wish the top brass wouldb't assume that every fan has a degree in business studies.

Trying to understand the item on the OS ,I think I've got my "blue Sky Thinking muddled up with my "pushing the envelope" stratedgy. WTF ?

Tell you what, the best reward I could have is a 500% improvement on the "green pitch zeitgeist ", or is that too simple?

What the **** is CRM ? I wish the top brass wouldb't assume that every fan has a degree in business studies.

Trying to understand the item on the OS ,I think I've got my "blue Sky Thinking muddled up with my "pushing the envelope" stratedgy. WTF ?

Tell you what, the best reward I could have is a 500% improvement on the "green pitch zeitgeist ", or is that too simple?

Customer Relationship Management.

As for the loyalty points scheme, you will get points for st/home/away tickets bought, merchandise bought, other BCFC products bought and the records will all be stored in one place.

When Dave L started his campaign to find out what issues people had, I complained about the increase of 'corporate' speak and the failure of the club to distinguish between fans and customers, nice to see they were listening again.

When Dave L started his campaign to find out what issues people had, I complained about the increase of 'corporate' speak and the failure of the club to distinguish between fans and customers, nice to see they were listening again.

I'm sure they would like to think that the club fan demographic is "a professional couple living in Lower Clifton" !

all I want is a defender that can head a ball, a midfielder with a bit of imagination and a striker that can score, oh and think we are short of a keeper or two now.

I agree, if they want to "better understand the requirements of the fans" that sounds like a pretty good start to me!

Personally never really had too much of a problem buying tickets online in the past....

Do you know what....... Blah blah... F$$king blah........ For those involved in large companies same old sh#t packaged up slightly different. Next up is the Toyota lean model. The words wash right over my head. Bulls**t

Be fair what would you rather have ,a team that can do the basics reasonbly well, OR, a free bag of chips with every third ticket bought?

I may be old school, but when the guy asked me on the phone about my "matchday experience" I think he found it hard to comprehend that I just go through the turnstile , don't pass the burger stall, don't have a pint at H/T, don't peruse all the goodies in the club shop. I just watch the match and **** off home again !

New partnership revamps ticketing system.

a new ‘single platform’ solution across all facets of commerce – including ticketing, corporate sales, marketing, communications and supporter relationship management.
to be sold via the new platform.
this cultural and system change. If we better understand the movements and requirements of fans, we can not only reward their loyalty, but hopefully engage more effectively going forward.
“The removal of booking fees was something I felt passionately about. There is no worse feeling than seeing a price and then just as you're about to pay, that price goes up! The price we advertise is the price supporters will pay – it is so important we are transparent. It's the right thing to do.
“We hope supporters will see an improvement in the way we communicate as well as the ticket buying process. Our aim is to make all interaction as simple and as hassle free as possible. Our new relationship with Green 4 Solutions is a huge step in the right direction."
Green 4 Solutions are the CRM market leader within the sport and leisure industries, with their dynamic model already utilised by American sports teams, European rugby clubs and various recognisable names across the football world, including Portuguese giants FC Porto.
Their philosophy is focused on providing a technology platform enabling organisations to build long-term relationships with supporters through a personal, targeted strategy that improves the fan experience and rewards loyalty, whilst also enhancing commercial revenues.
Green 4 Director Peter Oliver said: “We’re absolutely delighted to announce a partnership with Bristol City Football Club focused on the delivery of a truly ‘joined up’ fan experience, beginning in the 2013/14 season.
“Green 4’s approach is to provide clubs with a single platform stadium solution that enables them to improve all aspects of the fan experience.
“The club then has unparalleled visibility of all supporter engagements, allowing them to adapt the offering specifically to the needs of supporters.
“This is encapsulated in a supporter loyalty programme that rewards their participation in all club activities with ‘money can’t buy’ experiences.
“Bristol City will be among the first teams in Europe to take this ground-breaking step and we’re delighted to be associated with such a forward thinking club as they continue towards a successful future.”

Archived